Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Is it a toy?

Hey guys so I talked to my meteorologist, financial planner, spiritual adviser, astrologist, and life coach and decided it was OK to take precious out of the cocoon and use her as god intended. Glorious day to be behind the wheel of this very special car.
20231029_134554.jpg
20231029_152101.jpg
20231029_151930.jpg

For me one of the most attractive things about the 5BW is that it can be the ultimate 'one car garage'. You can eat up the interstate miles in total comfort, rip twisty/fun sections of a canyon road, do a few laps of a road course - maybe even all on one road trip- all the while being somewhat 'under the radar' and not attracting too much unwanted attention.

I don't commute to an office every day, and I do live in a mild climate, but I'm on "Team Daily"!

Looks like he could have used a couple phone books. My kid looks no different at a stout 5' even. Only difference is my rig is made for mall crawling.
LOL, yeah, he could barely see over the roll bar and the jack on the hood..... I told him to just point it straight and go.. At first my wife said what if he cashes it and I told her what, as opposed to me crashing it...lol The jeep took a beating and was not ever driven on the street.....

Good times!
IMG_4063.JPG

70.jpg

I haven't driven my 2014 Dodge Challenger in a while. Its been covered up in my driveway. I checked my security cameras and discovered that I haven't driven her in over a month ! I have been taking the 5BW to car shows . Its rained almost every weekend for 2 months here on Long Island. I want to drive to Canada for a short vacation (Montreal or Toronto) and I was thinking of taking the BW. It is about to hit 4000 miles at a year and a half old. In a few weeks the BW will be put away for the winter until April. The Dodge is almost 10 years old and has 38k miles. My one family owned 67' Cadillac convertible has 203,000 miles on it. I was 3 years old when my Dad bought it.

Attachments

• 20220623_152633.jpg
    20220623_152633.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 43
Post pics of the ragtop. Sounds like the ultimate parade car !! I saw a mid 70s convertible Eldo at a Mecham auction in 2019. It was only on the block for under $15K. Seemed like a steal...........

Hahahahahahahaha, I'm saving mine for the next guy to drive!
Hahahahahaha, everyone knows what mine is...... 1850 mile, 26 months old..... Don't judge me! LOL
Steve, we judge you for other reasons, believe me!

Actually, I like the color of your car, and I appreciate you saving it for me (mine might be worn out by the time you're ready to let it go).

When I bought my first Corvette, I had several people literally give me crap for driving it daily. It's a car! It's a mass produced Chevrolet that came with windshield wipers and all kinds of stuff to let me drive it, even in the rain!

I do enjoy the BW, and getting to daily it lets me enjoy it, you know, daily. And since I live in the glorious South, I truly get to drive it every day. No winter storage for me.

Mine isn't a toy, it's a weapon. My daily commuter, mostly interstate highway, in a population dense region of Pennsylvania that has recently become the distribution hub of the northeastern USA. It's a rowdy mf'r that gets me to holes in traffic before the other guy. Over 15k miles and I've got a set of Michelin Cross Climate for winter. I drive the wheels off this thing and smile a lot.

Mine isn't a toy, it's a weapon.

Sounds like a kindred spirit. :)

I also look at mine as the perfect tool for my driving style.

I'm not on interstates for my commute, but 90% of it is one, big arterial street. Speed limits 55-65 even though its right through the city.

Nothing drives me nuts like seeing people lag behind huge gaps in traffic. Streets are like a golf course - if you aren't on the tail of the car/group in front of you - you're the hold up.

I know you guys think I'm nuttier than a squirrel turd for not driving my 5BW, but for me I enjoy it more when I do drive her because it's just like the first time again... I plan to take her to a car show this coming weekend so she will get to stretch her legs and show off her beauty!

Also, I have no plans to do any mods to her because I can't drive her to her limits now so why mess up a good thing... I love everything about her and have 0 complaints. Well done Cadillac!

Well, super cruise would be nice to have on her.....

Oh well, I'm going to keep her forever....
Forrest Gump GIF by GrayDuckDent

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners