Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I bailed on my 2023 CT5-V Blackwing

668LT4

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
And whoever gets 0860216, you're welcome for the ass kicking build (y)

Why? A near identically built 2022 fell into my lap. My timing might have sucked for almost 14 months, but on 1 given day it was fortuitous. Exact same build as mine, everything, except it included carbon backed seats and mirror covers (which I did not have installed). The same build in a 2023 is over 10k more than this 2022. So this car that was built end of June, probably got pooped on by birds, sat outside and faced extra rain, might have a depleted battery, etc., was dropped to my driveway today in what else, a snow storm. And I could not be effing happier. Gotta send mad props to Dustin Callaway and Sewell Cadillac of Dallas. First class operation and a model all other dealers should follow.

First thoughts? Well, I only backed in into the garage and let it run for a bit. My clutch feels as light as the 4 I owned. I have heard they vary on 5s, this one is a daisy. The leather on these seats is absolutely softer to the touch than the upgraded seats on my 4. Love them. Paint looks great, definitely don't see the ripples I did down the sides of my Shadow 4. Doors, trunk, hood all nicely aligned. The engine sound? My God, this thing is a BEAST, and exactly what I want. Worth the cost alone. I'm never going back, and applaud GM for offering this car before they're gone.

Attachments

• Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 220
  • seats.jpg
    seats.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 215
  • carbon.jpg
    carbon.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 224
Congratulations and best of luck with it. My car is identical on the outside. Love my bronze wheels. I gotta admit being a little jealous as I have mid-level interior upgrade, carbon fiber seatbacks look awesome.:Steer

And whoever gets 0860216, you're welcome for the ass kicking build (y)

Why? A near identically built 2022 fell into my lap. My timing might have sucked for almost 14 months, but on 1 given day it was fortuitous. Exact same build as mine, everything, except it included carbon backed seats and mirror covers (which I did not have installed). The same build in a 2023 is over 10k more than this 2022. So this car that was built end of June, probably got pooped on by birds, sat outside and faced extra rain, might have a depleted battery, etc., was dropped to my driveway today in what else, a snow storm. And I could not be effing happier. Gotta send mad props to Dustin Callaway and Sewell Cadillac of Dallas. First class operation and a model all other dealers should follow.

First thoughts? Well, I only backed in into the garage and let it run for a bit. My clutch feels as light as the 4 I owned. I have heard they vary on 5s, this one is a daisy. The leather on these seats is absolutely softer to the touch than the upgraded seats on my 4. Love them. Paint looks great, definitely don't see the ripples I did down the sides of my Shadow 4. Doors, trunk, hood all nicely aligned. The engine sound? My God, this thing is a BEAST, and exactly what I want. Worth the cost alone. I'm never going back, and applaud GM for offering this car before they're gone.
Congratulations!

Very nice! I love the seat backs and wish mine had them, but still happy I was able the mid level seats! Those bronze wheels are awesome looking as well! Congratulations on your new beast!

Thanks everyone. The seats were obviously a stroke of luck. I had ordered the mid grade all black seats on my 2023. I am not sure if they have ever released the option to get the high grade leather with the suede backs?

Other musings. Selfie shot after firing up the LT4:

arnold schwarzenegger smiling GIF

- My 16 year old son seems to think he has a new chariot for prom dates
- My wife loves Rift and the size of the 5. She added: "This one looks so much better without the black spoiler the other one had". Did not have the heart to tell her the carbon spoiler for this one should arrive today... :_rock

^The CF spoiler is a must!
A Blackwing should indeed have a black wing, yes? I bought it on GM Parts which saved me a few hundred over the 20% sale price to get it direct from GM. Maybe I can get it on this weekend.

Thanks everyone. The seats were obviously a stroke of luck. I had ordered the mid grade all black seats on my 2023. I am not sure if they have ever released the option to get the high grade leather with the suede backs?

Other musings. Selfie shot after firing up the LT4:

arnold schwarzenegger smiling GIF

- My 16 year old son seems to think he has a new chariot for prom dates
- My wife loves Rift and the size of the 5. She added: "This one looks so much better without the black spoiler the other one had". Did not have the heart to tell her the carbon spoiler for this one should arrive today... :_rock
How cool would your son be showing up to prom in a Blackwing!

Congrats. I contemplated tinting my windows in the beginning due to the CF seats. Why would I want to cover those beauty's up?

The leather on these seats is absolutely softer to the touch than the upgraded seats on my 4. Love them. Paint looks great, definitely don't see the ripples I did down the sides of my Shadow 4. Doors, trunk, hood all nicely aligned. The engine sound? My God, this thing is a BEAST, and exactly what I want. Worth the cost alone. I'm never going back, and applaud GM for offering this car before they're gone.
Congrats! Not sure the seats are worth $6100, but I absolutely LOVE mine. Better leather and the carbon is very cool, even if my wife doesn't understand the big deal with the "plastic". OY!

A Blackwing should indeed have a black wing, yes? I bought it on GM Parts which saved me a few hundred over the 20% sale price to get it direct from GM. Maybe I can get it on this weekend.
Damn you guys, now I have to find a way to convince my wife that I need and extra $3k to make it an "official" Blackwing after I just convinced her to let me spend $100k on a "Blackwing", lol. Then I can't stop there, another $1k for the front spoiler and so on and so on... damn car is already becoming a money pit!

Damn you guys, now I have to find a way to convince my wife that I need and extra $3k to make it an "official" Blackwing after I just convinced her to let me spend $100k on a "Blackwing", lol. Then I can't stop there, another $1k for the front spoiler and so on and so on... damn car is already becoming a money pit!
That spoiler is on sale for 25% off right now on the cadillac site. Plus the incentive points you get for buying the car, this is currently the cheapest price it has ever been anywhere.

That spoiler is on sale for 25% off right now on the cadillac site. Plus the incentive points you get for buying the car, this is currently the cheapest price it has ever been anywhere.
When I log into the Cadillac site, I see the 20% off over $500 available, but not 25%. Please send me a link to the 25% as I can't find it. If I take the 20% + my points, I can get it to $2,984.52 + tax & freight. The cheapest online that I have found was $2,996.25. I may be able to get another 5% as a new customer. If I do, I may be able to get it at $2,846.44 + tax & freight

200.gif

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners