Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V My CT5-V Blackwing

CT5-V Model
"Blocking My Way"

That's funny. I've never heard that one, nor observed it any more than any other brand. Honda Odyssey is the most typical left lane clog I've seen.

I always wonder why people waste all that extra money to go slow though.............I see it all the time in BMW, MB, Tesla - all that extra dough to drive just like they could in a Corolla.

Back in the day I occasionally used to park next to a guy with a nice E46M3. Sometimes I was in my Audi S4 and sometimes in the ZHP. We talked cars quite a bit and he was shocked when I told him I preferred driving the Audi over the BMW. The BMW was and is great - but totally stock (and I never removed the CDV as not to upset the wife...its still her daily driver of sorts). The S4 was just a beast and had tons of aftermarket upgrades not just to the engine/drivetrain... My explanation as to why I preferred the Audi was that it was more "trick" and while with the ZHP I might be slightly ahead of the pack....in the Audi the "pack" was usually far behind. I'm hoping the 4BW might sort of split the difference. It certainly won't be as raw and direct as the ZHP - but should be as good as one can expect from a reasonably affordable sedan these days. And it should have plenty of go...
There is no comparison to the ALPHA Chassis my friend...it stops there and this is the ALPHA II so it's slightly lighter and a magnitude stiffer. The suspension and chassis are attached but don't communicate with each other almost completely isolated from one another. It's so good after driving your 4BW and then driving another car it will feel like a tin can and the loosest suspension you felt in a vehicle for quite some time. Enjoy your 4BW these are cars imo that you don't sell but keep at all costs!

MookdocOE.....well this is certainly what I'm hoping for...and based on numerous reviews I expect I'm going to be very happy with it.

Stephen K - Much congrats on the new 5BW...seems your already enjoying it and appreciate the comparos and such.

Sorry to semi-hijak your thread with ZHP talk...but yeah Imola Red and it literally still drives like it did new (have replaced a control arm here and there etc) and always brings a smile to your face.

I like that with the Blackwing (CT4 in my case), I can drive in tour mode with a nice compliant but sporty suspension and get more serious incrementally from there. I prefer it over my brother's 330 ZHP package. Too stiff, always felt harsh. My Z4 (2nd gen) seemed to be a better handling car despite not being sprung as stiffly.

I like that with the Blackwing (CT4 in my case), I can drive in tour mode with a nice compliant but sporty suspension and get more serious incrementally from there. I prefer it over my brother's 330 ZHP package. Too stiff, always felt harsh. My Z4 (2nd gen) seemed to be a better handling car despite not being sprung as stiffly.
Well I'm looking forward to all the ways the Blackwing will better my ZHP! LOL

A friend of mine had the M version of the Z3 coup (forgot exactly what it was called - M coup?)...now that was harsh (but all in a good way IMO - fantastic super raw car)....ZHP cushy compared to that and while very precise with excellent road feel its quite a bit softer than either my Audi was or my GTI is...but I waay stiffened up both of them (again....IMO in a good way)....

I anticipate riding in the BW mostly in sport mode with suspension not fully dialed harsh and probably with the steering not at "track" level. I'll have to see when I drive it...but with the chassis what it is the harshness is probably both unnecessary and less pleasant than dialing it back (based on numerous video reviews I've seen). But I don't find the ZHP even remotely harsh or unpleasant...its just...pretty much perfect....

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back