Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V My CT5-V Blackwing

CT5-V Model

stephen k

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
23' Escalade V, 24' CT5 BW
I've driven and owned every popular European car under the moon but this CT5 BW is truly 'the' e39 m5 of our times. The best 4 sports sedan in manual that I have driven in a very long time.

Pretty Base off the Lot Purchase
Summit White
Ceramics
Blue calipers
Sunroof

What I wanted
All the carbon
and the Performance Buckets
no sunroof

What I think now
Can care less about the Carbon
The 'base' bucket seats better suit my big butt
had the heater on, heated seats and the sunroof open cruising down the highway last night. it was awesome

Very happy, haven't been this excited for a car since my e90 m3 manual.

Attachments

• 400794431_1377899696476066_3946272951045987790_n.jpg
    400794431_1377899696476066_3946272951045987790_n.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 99
your e39 m5 analogy is pulling on my heart strings. i'm seriously considering dropping my 4bw deposit for a 5 now. i miss that bmw badly. dont mind the awful wheels... it was on winter set

Attachments

• IMG_0392.JPG
    IMG_0392.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 61
your e39 m5 analogy is pulling on my heart strings. i'm seriously considering dropping my 4bw deposit for a 5 now. i miss that bmw badly. dont mind the awful wheels... it was on winter set
Its a really great vehicle. It is pretty basic in terms of vehicle feature and quality of materials, but the vehicle is all business when it comes to driving dynamics and having the kind of comfort you can live with everyday.

I've driven and owned every popular European car under the moon but this CT5 BW is truly 'the' e39 m5 of our times. The best 4 sports sedan in manual that I have driven in a very long time.

Pretty Base off the Lot Purchase
Summit White
Ceramics
Blue calipers
Sunroof

What I wanted
All the carbon
and the Performance Buckets
no sunroof

What I think now
Can care less about the Carbon
The 'base' bucket seats better suit my big butt
had the heater on, heated seats and the sunroof open cruising down the highway last night. it was awesome

Very happy, haven't been this excited for a car since my e90 m3 manual.
Nice color! I got my carbon goodies but had to settle with a Black 5 BW. Glad, I got almost everything I wanted because even today it's still not going to happen it seems.

Welcome to the group, an absolutely incredible car and I cannot get enough of mine; even after 6 months and 50 miles/day commuting. It’s just so damn special and fun.

I was an M car guy for many years (E90 & G80 Comp). My manual 5BW brings back so many memories of my manual E90, but just a whole lot faster!

Congrats on the new car! I too had an E39 M5 (3 of them, actually) and although they are fabulous driving cars, they also tend to be maintenance money pits.

Everybody knows BMW stands for Break My Wallet.

or Beg My Wife.

or Bloody Moranic Wanker.

I had one too - spent more more on repairs than I did gasoline !! But that was a long time ago.......I think the whole industry is better now.

I've never owned a "real" M car - but I have to say our 2004 330i ZHP has been a very reliable car...as well as a very enjoyable drive. I can only hope (and do expect) that the 4 BW will be as enjoyable on the road and on curvy roads as the ZHP...and while the ZHP is quick I'm pretty sure the BW will be considerably quicker...as for reliability...well one can only hope...

I've never owned a "real" M car - but I have to say our 2004 330i ZHP has been a very reliable car...as well as a very enjoyable drive. I can only hope (and do expect) that the 4 BW will be as enjoyable on the road and on curvy roads as the ZHP...and while the ZHP is quick I'm pretty sure the BW will be considerably quicker...as for reliability...well one can only hope...

One thing I noticed about newer cars is that they feel very numb. I'm sure while it may be faster for sure than your ZHP around corners, you will feel much less of the road.

After driving an M235i recently I told the BMW folks...nice car, fast...but if I closed my eyes I could imagine I was driving a Camry...

i've owned 20 bmw over the years, a dozen of which were varying generation M3's and I've never heard of most of these acronyms. good to know what other people have been saying about us :)
in all seriousness, yes they've gotten heavier and more numb but so have every other manufacturer. at least they still offer a manul trans option on their m2/3/4 which is more than the other german sports sedan manufacturer can claim
not trying to convince anybody... obviously i'm on here as a recent convert myself

Last edited:
i've owned 20 bmw over the years, a dozen of which were varying generation M3's and I've never heard of most of these acronyms. good to know what other people have been saying about us :)

Q: What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

A: On a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.

Well, the problem here is that the 2004 330i is the E46 chassis, which is (despite its known issues) or rather was, one of the top two platforms that BMW ever did (the E39 is the other). The ZHP is the performance icing on the cake.

So yes, the 4-BW will be hard pressed to beat the feedback and character of the 330, but you will have the benefit of improved technology and more horsepower. And if you got it equipped properly with three pedals, a superior shifter and clutch action (especially if you never removed the CDV).

Well, the problem here is that the 2004 330i is the E46 chassis, which is (despite its known issues) or rather was, one of the top two platforms that BMW ever did (the E39 is the other). The ZHP is the performance icing on the cake.

So yes, the 4-BW will be hard pressed to beat the feedback and character of the 330, but you will have the benefit of improved technology and more horsepower. And if you got it equipped properly with three pedals, a superior shifter and clutch action (especially if you never removed the CDV).
Back in the day I occasionally used to park next to a guy with a nice E46M3. Sometimes I was in my Audi S4 and sometimes in the ZHP. We talked cars quite a bit and he was shocked when I told him I preferred driving the Audi over the BMW. The BMW was and is great - but totally stock (and I never removed the CDV as not to upset the wife...its still her daily driver of sorts). The S4 was just a beast and had tons of aftermarket upgrades not just to the engine/drivetrain... My explanation as to why I preferred the Audi was that it was more "trick" and while with the ZHP I might be slightly ahead of the pack....in the Audi the "pack" was usually far behind. I'm hoping the 4BW might sort of split the difference. It certainly won't be as raw and direct as the ZHP - but should be as good as one can expect from a reasonably affordable sedan these days. And it should have plenty of go...

Welcome to the group, an absolutely incredible car and I cannot get enough of mine; even after 6 months and 50 miles/day commuting. It’s just so damn special and fun.

I was an M car guy for many years (E90 & G80 Comp). My manual 5BW brings back so many memories of my manual E90, but just a whole lot faster!
Thank you! My E90 m3 was my daily and fully modded with suspension, all bolt ons, and full akra driven to 80k miles in 3 years. I loved that car, and the only thing I wish was that it had more low end grunt. The BW at 1500 rpm's makes the kind of thrust and power the S65 made at 4k. Super incredible and to be honest I am mind blown at the power everytime i drive this thing.

The G80 Comp to me made me snooze. Incredibly great car, FAST, and a even more better everyday car, but felt that it lost the fun to drive factor that left a big impression on me while growing up. I love the hips on the G80 .Beautiful and so much car, but not the kind of bmw I remember. Always chasing some sort of nostalgia.
The ZHP?? That car was freaking incredible. To me it took on more of a Dinan type of personality. Great dynamics and sport without loosing any of the daily driving factor. I loved all the zhp bits.. Used to drool over imola red E46 ZHP's .
One thing I noticed about newer cars is that they feel very numb. I'm sure while it may be faster for sure than your ZHP around corners, you will feel much less of the road.
Pretty much everything from BMW and Ferrari is like that now but the performance is through the roof. If BMW made a minivan it would do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and do the nurburgring in 7:30 flat. But that takes all the fun out of it.
in all seriousness, yes they've gotten heavier and more numb but so have every other manufacturer. at least they still offer a manul trans option on their m2/3/4 which is more than the other german sports sedan manufacturer can claim
not trying to convince anybody... obviously i'm on here as a recent convert myself
Same, I've done the BMW chapter, then the Porsche chapter and now fully immersed in Caddy with a escalade V and the BW. I have had trucks all my life from the tundras to the sierras, now landing on the more lux side of GM. Loving it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back