Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V 2023 CT5 Blackwing Engine Failure (Shavings)

CT5-V Model
I can tell you that the Cadillac (and other GM dealerships) do track your car by VIN#. They have a computer main access where they can see everything that THEY have done to service your car. I was called to my local dealer to take a police report about some shady guy who had bought a Escalade and was using it as a Uber/Lyft and limousine service. he had been taking the car to many different dealerships to get the brakes pads and rotors replaced "under warranty", claiming premature wear. Somehow he had been rolling back the odometer in the computer and keeping it in warranty mileage. The dealership where I responded was able to see the service records at another dealership and the time and mileage did not match up. They removed the new parts and put the old ones back on . The owner called the police to report the civil dispute. The service tech gave him back the car and sent him on his way. The service tech then told me that they "red flagged" his VIN # so that any other dealer will immediately deny him service.
If you are saying the dealership can put in a request to deny service from all other dealers, then that should be illegal. I don't support the shady guy's dishonesty, but this is a wrong to deny service. Unless of course they are denying service on the brakes.

LOL, I do, the owner is also a car enthusiast, and I'm on the list for a SkyDweller. I'll never see it though...
Obviously you haven’t spent enough money with them on other watch brands. Buy a dozen Tag Heuer watches and you’ll probably move up on the list.

If you are saying the dealership can put in a request to deny service from all other dealers, then that should be illegal. I don't support the shady guy's dishonesty, but this is a wrong to deny service. Unless of course they are denying service on the brakes.
I believe it's to deny warranty work. I'm sure they would gladly accept their cash for paid service.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back