Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Collector Car Insurance

Jameson's Viggen

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V BlackWing
I am running a VIN by Grundy, who I have collector car insurance through. I have the MVP program which also does agreed value on the dailies.

A Collectors policy would easily save me $1200-1500 a year.

I pitched that this is a limited production car and the last hurrah for ICE/RWD/6mt. He just asked for some pictures who pass on to management.

Not sure if anyone else has gone down this road yet.

Maybe it's great for that classic Corvette or Chevelle, but anytime I've priced "collector car" insurance on anything newer, the rate was double or more what I would pay my current agent for "regular" insurance. IDK, maybe it's me?

Maybe it's great for that classic Corvette or Chevelle, but anytime I've priced "collector car" insurance on anything newer, the rate was double or more what I would pay my current agent for "regular" insurance. IDK, maybe it's me?

Maybe I am lucky. I pay about $250 a year for $40k agreed value on my Roadster, about and $200@ $28k a year on my wagon. Conventional would easily be $1500 or so for each and for much less coverage.

Don't those polices usually have mileage limitations or other odd things attached to them?

Don't those polices usually have mileage limitations or other odd things attached to them?
Not really. In this case, no mileage limitation. The only rules are it must be in a garage and it can't be your every day driver.

I guess I would personally classify that as a major limitation for a majority of the people buying these cars. Unless of course you just ignore it and claim otherwise in a 2 car household?
Yeah, you gotta do what works for you. We have a few cars here and I work from home. So if I am out in the BlackWing it's going to be for pleasure and not the sole form of transportation.

Curious how this goes. Please keep us updated. Mine is parked for probably 5 months and their making me keep collision on it......would love to "cheapen" my rates

"Good morning Mr. Neumann,

After speaking with AIG and our account managers here at Grundy Insurance they unfortunately decided against allowing it to qualify as a collector. There is a chance that this could change if any more regular use vehicles are added to the policy. I apologize for making you have to sign that form, I like to have it ready in case that is what the account manager would have asked for.

Thank you,"

Well there goes that. Basically they did the math and saw I have TWO cars already on collectors policies. Adding a third while ONLY having my wife's car as a daily, they know the BlackWing would be used in more than just collector type driving situations

I’m not surprised. Generally they don’t do it on new cars even if you can prove a limited run, which obviously you can’t on the Blackwing. They wouldn’t do it with my new GT Black Series and there‘s only 371 of them in the US. I had to pull teeth to get my 08 CLK Black Series a collectors policy, and there were only 350 of those brought to the US. It did save me a little money on that car, but not a huge amount compared to what an ultra low mileage regular policy would have cost.
Rarity doesn't seem to be a problem. They agreed to a policy on my '09 Saab wagon because I showed it was the ONLY one produced that year with a manual lol.

The issue is the skew of my house to collectors vs daily drivers. It was not a quick no, they reviewed my policy and other vehicles.

"Good morning Mr. Neumann,

After speaking with AIG and our account managers here at Grundy Insurance they unfortunately decided against allowing it to qualify as a collector. There is a chance that this could change if any more regular use vehicles are added to the policy. I apologize for making you have to sign that form, I like to have it ready in case that is what the account manager would have asked for.

Thank you,"

Well there goes that. Basically they did the math and saw I have TWO cars already on collectors policies. Adding a third while ONLY having my wife's car as a daily, they know the BlackWing would be used in more than just collector type driving situations
evil laugh laughing GIF by HULU

NEEEUUUUUUUMMMAAAAANNNNN jk jk
:p

I have been hearing that off and on for 20+years now. It's been awhile. Thanks for the nostalgia.

I’m not surprised. Generally they don’t do it on new cars even if you can prove a limited run, which obviously you can’t on the Blackwing. They wouldn’t do it with my new GT Black Series and there‘s only 371 of them in the US. I had to pull teeth to get my 08 CLK Black Series a collectors policy, and there were only 350 of those brought to the US. It did save me a little money on that car, but not a huge amount compared to what an ultra low mileage regular policy would have cost.
Speaking of Black Series, Jonny Lieberman had an amusing post yesterday showing a $300k "Market Adjustment" on a $334,110 MSRP with the statement "Mercedes dealers looking at Ford Lightning markups going "Hold mein weisswurst und schnapps." 🤣

Speaking of Black Series, Jonny Lieberman had an amusing post yesterday showing a $300k "Market Adjustment" on a $334,110 MSRP with the statement "Mercedes dealers looking at Ford Lightning markups going "Hold mein weisswurst und schnapps." 🤣
Yeah. I think it's probably G-wagons that have the craziest Benz markups and a multi-year wait list.

Yeah. I think it's probably G-wagons that have the craziest Benz markups and a multi-year wait list.
More than this nearly 100% mark up on the Black Series?

More than this nearly 100% mark up on the Black Series?
I haven't heard anything about the Black Series yet. I do know people who have tried to get an G-wagon though.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back