Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

The goats, they found my car.

Jameson's Viggen

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V BlackWing
Long exhaustive sigh.

So my hood had the famously bad QC where an edge had exposed primer UNDER the clear coat and a terrible body line gap.

I had the selling dealer do an inspection in July, they were horrified.

I dropped the car off at their body shop towards the end of July.

At the time of drop off I explained the back story to the service writer and body shop manager. I made them aware of the Expel PPF. Per their advice, I opened a case with Cadillac Customer service to get the ball rolling for reimbursement of the PPF affected (the hood and drivers fender).

I knew nothing was going to happen for a bit as they would get the OK from GM.

Then about the 3wk mark I was due to hear something. I call and the service writer I worked with is no longer there. Wonderful.

So I speak to the guy now handling my car, Anthony. He says hood is off the car and going to paint in the next day or so.

I call to check to make sure the hood was painted. He says there is an reaction when they went to sand my hood, the ceramic coating.

It then occured to me we are dealing with clueless people.

How can it be reacting with ceramic coating. There is no ceramic on the painted surface of the nose of the car. You can't apply ceramic coating under PPF.

Oh wait, they don't even know there is PPF on the hood.

Yep, no note of it on my file. I figure, this is stupid. I will call the body shop manager I had met.

Nope. She is GONE-as in, no longer works there too!

So every person I interacted with at drop off of my car is gone. There was no note of the PPF and I am shocked anyone with body shop experience couldn't decifier it had PPF within 30 seconds of looking.

When I speak to the service writer again he literally asked ME-how do you remove the PPF. Can you imagine going out for Italian, ordering chicken parm and the chef comes out to ask YOU what's in it?

I texted my dealer sales guy, he was floored. He said he could push some things and speak to upper management if I dont get a result from the new body shop manager.

I leave a message for the new body shop manager, who actually might have been the proper manager all along.

He apologized for how things were handled, no notes, about PPF. He spent 30 seconds on Youtube to know Expel removal wasn't any different than any PPF he had worked with before.

He texted me the PPF was easily/properly removed on Friday.

So a month without my car. Fun!

And when I get it back, PPF really shouldn't be put on fresh paint for 30 days. I really dont want to drive it and chance getting the front end chipped up. I am going to take this up with Cadillac. The least, the very least they can do is pay for the re-PPF'ing of the hood and fender @ $850.

On the plus side. I posted about the QC issue internally. The head of Lansing QC reached out to me. She had lots of pictures taken at the body shop then sent to her team. She said improvements are being made going forward so this doesn't happen again.

So yeah, those damn goats. ""Oh my God. They found me. I don't know how, but they found me"

Long exhaustive sigh.

So my hood had the famously bad QC where an edge had exposed primer UNDER the clear coat and a terrible body line gap.

At the time of drop off I explained the back story to the service writer and body shop manager. I made them aware of the Expel PPF. Per their advice, I opened a case with Cadillac Customer service to get the ball rolling for reimbursement of the PPF affected (the hood and drivers fender).

Then about the 3wk mark I was due to hear something. I call and the service writer I worked with is no longer there. Wonderful.

So I speak to the guy now handling my car, Anthony. He says hood is off the car and going to paint in the next day or so.

I call to check to make sure the hood was painted. He says there is an reaction when they went to sand my hood, the ceramic coating.

How can it be reacting with ceramic coating. There is no ceramic on the painted surface of the nose of the car. You can't apply ceramic coating under PPF.

Yep, no note of it on my file. I figure, this is stupid. I will call the body shop manager I had met.

So every person I interacted with at drop off of my car is gone. There was no note of the PPF and I am shocked anyone with body shop experience couldn't decifier it had PPF within 30 seconds of looking.

When I speak to the service writer again he literally asked ME-how do you remove the PPF. Can you imagine going out for Italian, ordering chicken parm and the chef comes out to ask YOU what's in it?

I texted my dealer sales guy, he was floored. He said he could push some things and speak to upper management if I dont get a result from the new body shop manager.

I leave a message for the new body shop manager, who actually might have been the proper manager all along.

He apologized for how things were handled, no notes, about PPF. He spent 30 seconds on Youtube to know Expel removal wasn't any different than any PPF he had worked with before.

And when I get it back, PPF really shouldn't be put on fresh paint for 30 days. I really dont want to drive it and chance getting the front end chipped up. I am going to take this up with Cadillac. The least, the very least they can do is pay for the re-PPF'ing of the hood and fender @ $850.

On the plus side. I posted about the QC issue internally. The head of Lansing QC reached out to me. She had lots of pictures taken at the body shop then sent to her team. She said improvements are being made going forward so this doesn't happen again.

So yeah, those damn goats. ""Oh my God. They found me. I don't know how, but they found me"
Have my first visit coming up soon with a TTD list, to date everything with my dealer has been great! That said, had a few cars over the years and I just posted about how the car (can or may) fall into "un-experienced" hands for service. I expect (hope) my dealer will see my car thru in good hands? This is my first 6 figure car! They do have one of the best C8 Dealer Mechs around. Mine is only the 3rd 5BW sold there, so its born there for lack of a better term and its theirs to wear...nubies or not, Im sure they mean well, but it can never be the same love when the payment comes out of your pocket and someone else gets to "push start" and GO! Then watch it go away. You have some resources to help you, glad to hear you can exhale! Shocked they didn't realize it had PPF? Best of luck with them GETTING IT RIGHT. You will make sure. Beautiful ride.

Have my first visit coming up soon with a TTD list, to date everything with my dealer has been great! That said, had a few cars over the years and I just posted about how the car (can or may) fall into "un-experienced" hands for service. I expect (hope) my dealer will see my car thru in good hands? This is my first 6 figure car! They do have one of the best C8 Dealer Mechs around. Mine is only the 3rd 5BW sold there, so its born there for lack of a better term and its theirs to wear...nubies or not, Im sure they mean well, but it can never be the same love when the payment comes out of your pocket and someone else gets to "push start" and GO! Then watch it go away. You have some resources to help you, glad to hear you can exhale! Shocked they didn't realize it had PPF? Best of luck with them GETTING IT RIGHT. You will make sure. Beautiful ride.
I had to have the engine replaced in my C8 so I sent it to the same dealer that had just replaced another one a few weeks earlier. It still came back 2 quarts low on oil and missing a ton of fasteners under the car.

@Jameson's Viggen - you might want to pass along the pic of my roof I just posted in the paint bubbling thread too. Really to sorry to hear about the goat rodeo - I hope you get a souvenir cowboy hat at least.

So far the case manager said I would get 1-2 months car payment re-imbursed and the PPF re-application cost. I think that's reasonable as long as the work is done to my standard.

James do you have any pictures of what it looked like before the repair? I noticed the edge of my hood isn’t fully covered when I washed my car and will bring it up to my dealership next time in.

Long exhaustive sigh.

WTF.

Sorry for your experience, James. You absolutely deserve the cost of new PPF'ing.
If they don't want to give you cash, maybe they can extend your warranty or free maintenance for 3 years.

How about 85,000 GM rewards points.

James do you have any pictures of what it looked like before the repair? I noticed the edge of my hood isn’t fully covered when I washed my car and will bring it up to my dealership next time in.
Here you go.
PXL_20220701_174709185.jpg

Where is the QC on these type of things before delivery? I checked and still I missed shit! HOWEVER, Not like that....OK That said, Im buying and not selling? It's a new car with a really long wait for most of us, no one else has thrased or, for that matter loved the car? So QC starts first with the sell, right? Hindsight still 20/20?

View attachment 12187
Looks like mine but yours stands out more on the orange.
Ugh! Mine is the same as both of yours, but my car is white so it stands out even less. Frustrating as hell. I love the car, but every time I wash it or look closely at it, I find some other paint defect. Super discouraging.

Yikes! The painters had the tape too far away from the cornicing there. Dang.
I just washed my car last night and didn't notice anything, but now I'm gonna have to give it a better look.

It sucks for sure but thanks for posting, it's good consumer info to have in our back pockets... and hopefully it stays there and doesn't become a front pocket issue or worse yet an out-of-pocket where is my wallet issue.

My plates should be at the dealership this week so I’ll talk to them then. Hopefully we can get it resolved.
Can you send me your VIN? I am sending the info internally at work to the Lansing QC person.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back