Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

change order for ct5v BW

fal900

I Ordered a ct4v BW about 30 days ago. Thinking of switching to a 5 That means placing a new order.
The 4 I ordered has a start build date of Feb 13.

I know there both great cars caught in the middle now deciding

Anyone on here driven both or switched from 4 to 5 or vice versa.

There are couple that have both or sold 4 for 5. Many have said 4 is a small nimble car while the 5 is a larger sledge hammer. Depends on what type of car you like. Although switching from a 4 to a 5 seems as simple as telling the dealer to change order, actually getting an allocation is a diff story.

It will be difficult, at best, to get a 5. Never see one. There are plenty of 4s on dealers’ floors to choose from. My local dealer has two arriving soon.

I bought a 4 and really loved it. It is an awesome, nimble car. Would be great on a track. I traded it for a 5 and have NO regrets. I started out putting in an order for a 5, but couldn't get an allocation so I bought my 4.

I love my 5 and pretty much everything about it. To me, it's a collector. Last of big V8 power. It's an insane car. I laugh and giggle every time I drive it. As others have said, get one while you can.

Hopefully @Tall Steve or @Akamai58 will chime in. They have both.

They are very different cars.

The Ct4 is like a BMW 3-series. The CT5 is like a BMW 5-series (or heck, size wize, a 7-series from a generation or so ago). It's amazing what a few inches in each direction does to change how a car feels.

I have a 4 and after driving a 5, the step up (specifically the $30,000 minimum) is a bit hard for me to swallow because the interiors feel so similar (taking the extra space out of the equation). You can't deny the character of the V8 engine in the CT5 but for me I decided it's a bit easier and cheaper to add power to a CT4 BW if I want it later than it is to remove mass/make a CT5 BW more nimble and crisp. Just depends on if you'd like a sledgehammer of scalpel.

Either way though, you'll be smiling and both have more power than a sane person can use on the street/in the city.

Last edited:
I love how the back end squirms on my 5BW going into second when I give it the beans. The torque on this baby is intoxicating.

The scalpel vs sledgehammer analogy is fun, but decidedly inarticulate description of differences. I think something more like a heavyweight professional boxer vs a middleweight. They will both kick your ass, but with slightly different strategies.

The 4BW is without a doubt a great car, but the boosted sedan market has many peers (and the 4BW may be the best among them). The 5BW is really without competition and it's outlier status is one of the many attributes that make it so appealing to me. Short of a 5BW wagon, the 6M sedan is about as cool as it gets.

Hopefully @Tall Steve will pipe up - He has both cars and can give probably provide more input than everything you’ve read in magazines or confusing boxing analogies for you to hang your hat on…

Last edited:
Hopefully @Tall Steve will pipe up - He has both cars and can give probably provide more input than everything you’ve read in magazines or confusing boxing analogies for you to hang your hat on…

He prefers driving the 4.. His 5 mostly rests in his his garage next to his goat shrine.

Both have their pro’s cons.

I prefer the 4 for a daily drive in the city….. the 5 is best for trips to Mexico.

883573D2-209E-4785-A061-2B3605C3F08C.jpeg

The scalpel vs sledgehammer analogy is fun, but decidedly inarticulate description of differences. I think something more like a heavyweight professional boxer vs a middleweight. They will both kick your ass, but with slightly different strategies.

The 4BW is without a doubt a great car, but the boosted sedan market has many peers (and the 4BW may be the best among them). The 5BW is really without competition and it's outlier status is one of the many attributes that make it so appealing to me. Short of a 5BW wagon, the 6M sedan is about as cool as it gets.

Oooohhhh...Blackwing Wagon.

If that was too obtuse, here you go - One is bigger and stronger, the other is lighter and quicker, but both are in the same game and do similar things.

This topic is very hard for me to answer simply because I have both and don't have to choose... My 4BW is my favorite to drive as a daily hands down because it quick, nimble and fun to drive in traffic.. It sounds good, its sexy looking, and she is quick!

My 5BW is beautiful, powerful and turns heads when I drive her.. The sounds is gnarly, the low end torque is scary, so in short she is a big nasty sledge hammer!!!

I love them both, but the 4BW is my favorite... Oh, I was faster around the track at SM in the 4BW.....

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back