Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4V BW first oil change and tire FAIL

Hit 5k mile so I called and made an appt for an oil change for last Friday at 11:15. Thought I could still get some things done if I got my oil change out of the way in the morning.

Here’s how my day yrolled out:

10:30 AM On way to dealership, TPMS showed steady in the drivers side rear tire. When tire had 25 psi I stopped and put 45 psi in and called my dealership using ONSTAR. I told the person who answered that I was only way for my 11:15 appointment and told her about the leaking tire and that I would need another tire.

11:15 AM Arrived at service station. Told service manager I needed oil change, had a tire with a last leak, and that the drivers side rear view mirror has protective film on it that was peeling off. He told me to have a seat in the waiting room and that it would take an hour and 30 minutes.

1:00 PM Same service manager tells me that I will need a new tire and it will cost $4xx. I tell him that I have a wheel and tire warranty. He asks if I purchased it from the dealership which I did.

1:45 PM He comes back to tell me that they don’t have that tire in stock and will have to order it. I mention that I a driving to San Antonio and back over the weekend to see my Mom for Mother’s Day. (Total mileage for the weekend would be close to 800 miles) I also question why they didn’t order a tire when got there and also bring up fact that I called 45 minutes prior to my arrival to tell them the status of my rubber and the fast leak. They tell me to hold on and they will try and work something out.

2:15 PM Car gets pulled up waering a full size loaner wheel and I am told they still need to do the oil change.

2:35 PM Oil change performed quickly and sent on my way and told to come back next week and they will have my wheel with a new tire mounted on it. Better yet, the offer to have their mobile guy meet me closer to home/work and they will bring my wheel to me and save me the return drive to dealership.

3:00 Meet a friend for lunch and randomly enough there is a different Cadillac dealership a block or two away from restaurant.

3:45 Leaving lunch I happen to look a little closer at spare wheel they installed for me to use for my road-trip that weekend And notice it is a 19” wheel and all my other wheels are 18” wheels. I remember thinking ‘that can’t be good’ and decide to run it by the service dept of the other Caddy dealer. Now it’s like 4:00 on a holiday weekend and I pull up in my shiny black Blackwing. No customers are at the dealership and i get helped by the entire service dept and I think a couple salesmen too. General consensus is a different size wheel might be ok for a very short time but if driven on highway not to exceed 60 mph and no one could say if any permanent damage could be done to transmission.
in the meantime I call dealership and ask them if they knew the wheel was a diffferent size that my existing stock wheels. The girl on the phone went and asked someone and they told her it was not a problem. I remind her that I am driving close to !k miles over the weekend and I ask if she’s sure that’s ok and if there are any limitations I should know about. She says she will call me back. I call Discount Tire by my house and they have 4 tires in stock and can have them delivered to a different store within Houston In an hour if need be. I tell them I will come to them.

4:30 Back at my dealership asking for my wheel and express some concerns about them putting a different tire and not telling me about it or mentioning any safety concerns regarding speed. The girl never called back. No one ever mentioned the protective coating on the rear view mirror.

6:00 Discount Tire has 18 people in the showroom waiting on their cars when I walk in with a tire in my truck that needs new rubber.

6:35 mission accomplished and I am on my way home. Day completely wasted but at least I am able to proceed with my plans to see Mom.

questions for members:

Do you think if the dealership isn’t going to stock those tires they should have tried harder to get me a replacement that day? There is a Discount Tire within walking distance of the dealership. Especially since thatis where I bought the warranty. I’ve had 911s and an M4 and neither Porsche nor BMW ever made me wait more than an hour for a tire. If they didn’t have it in stock they would get it delivered in less than an hour.

im about to return the loaner wheel to dealership. Hopefully someone is going to honor that tire warranty claim.

Supposedly, the PS4S on the BWs are made specifically for the BWs with different construction and compounds. The off the shelf PS4S is different. Since the BWs are low volume, limited production cars in comparison to whatever else Cadillac dealers sell, it makes a lot of sense that they wouldn't stock them at all, since they probably barely see any BWs on a regular basis. BMW and Porsche dealers see a lot of M4s and 911s so it makes sense as to why they'd stock specific tires in their dealers. There aren't any other cars in Cadillac's lineup that has PS4S.

Had I been in your shoes, I would have went to a Discount Tire or Big O tire and get the leaky tire fixed for free. They'll remove the tire and plug it from the inside and rebalance. When I get my 4BW, I will use up the entirety of the stock tires via track days and switch to off the shelf 200TW tires(Hankook RS4S or other similar endurance 200s) to not only save money, but be able to buy them from any tire place.

Your initial issue was expecting the dealer to be perfect. Far from it for the majorities experiences in life.

I wouldn't expect the dealer to have a specific high-performance tire in stock nor would I expect same day replacement. I also own BMWs and they look like they carry more stock (or at least they show more tires in the customer area) but their prices are about 50% higher than what I pay from other sources (and I have no idea what they charge for labor since I simply buy mine at Costco.) I have had GREAT experiences taking a puncture to a local tire chain (Les Schwab here in the NorthWest) and getting a quality internal flat repair for free (Les Schwab) or $10 (Firestone.)

My simple mind tells me all caddy dealers should mandatory carry 1 of each these high end tire for the BW 4/5 just for this reason.

My simple mind tells me all caddy dealers should mandatory carry 1 of each these high end tire for the BW 4/5 just for this reason.
Agreed but with the cost of what they are and everything going on in the world makes me wonder if the dealer wants even that on their inventory. Easier to just order from a discount tire and have delivered tomorrow for the dealer anywho. They don't mind keeping your car longer than you'd prefer.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back