Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New 5 BW now in the garage!

SonnyAK

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'23 CT5-V BW 6spd
Isn’t it awesome when things just click into place??!! It’s amazing when it does, but kind of unnerving at the same time since you’re always waiting for the reality check!!

My Blackwing buying experience has been just that. I had a ‘19 C7 Z06 Corvette (manual trans) that I dearly loved, but after reading and watching too many reviews on the new BW, I had the bug - plus I can throw our 2 GSD’s in the back seat and still have tons of fun!!

A Corvette forum member purchased my car super quickly and the car shipped to him in Connecticut a week later. At the same time, I was joining some BW Facebook groups and quickly saw a dealer near Buffalo, NY (we’re in southern Illinois) post almost the exact car that I would have ordered, for sale at MSRP and available! I sent him a text, it was available, and we made a deal on it! One week later we flew up, finished the paperwork, and then spent the next 3 days taking a fun road trip back home and turning it into a little vacation - plus we got to see Niagara Falls with some snow and ice around it!

The weather cooperated perfectly and now the car is in the garage waiting for a bath!! Fingers still crossed for nothing bad to step up!!

From deciding to sell the Z and start a BW search or order, to having the BW in the garage was just over a month!! It was crazy! :oops:

The car is a 5 BW, Electric Blue, manual trans, upgraded black interior, the charcoal wheels and that’s about it for options - exactly what I would have picked, so the whole experience was a good/crazy turn of fate! (y)

Attachments

• E5BC83EA-E536-4A68-8CDD-C5841C1C9772.jpeg
    E5BC83EA-E536-4A68-8CDD-C5841C1C9772.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 162
  • 23B9F80B-0D62-4B06-A133-2AC04691378F.jpeg
    23B9F80B-0D62-4B06-A133-2AC04691378F.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 220
  • 81DE0590-6FE8-4D8F-8120-9781E9A5BC2B.jpeg
    81DE0590-6FE8-4D8F-8120-9781E9A5BC2B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 234
  • A64EF7CD-44F1-4182-AA19-F9080F68983C.jpeg
    A64EF7CD-44F1-4182-AA19-F9080F68983C.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 214
Congrats from the northern part of the state

Finding a manual available was very lucky.

I also have a manual '19 Z06 but I am keeping mine alongside the 5V-Blackwing, I just couldn't part with it.

Enjoy the car!

Finding a manual available was very lucky.

I also have a manual '19 Z06 but I am keeping mine alongside the 5V-Blackwing, I just couldn't part with it.

Enjoy the car!
I definitely had to pinch myself at the find!! Selling the Z was definitely tough (I planned on keeping that one a very long time) but garage space and money dictated something had to go. I still have a ‘66 427 that’ll be around until I’m gone.
C54FABB5-851C-401E-B2BA-ADB1E05BB029.jpeg

Attachments

• 1DA8F50E-761B-4A65-8070-18E40960CBFC.jpeg
    1DA8F50E-761B-4A65-8070-18E40960CBFC.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 73
What is the color name of the '19?

CONGRATS! Awesome to see things work out, "like its meant to be."

The C2 is definitely the 'Vette I would've kept too. I love those cars.........

Congrats on the perfect storm to get the BW so fast !!

I definitely had to pinch myself at the find!! Selling the Z was definitely tough (I planned on keeping that one a very long time) but garage space and money dictated something had to go. I still have a ‘66 427 that’ll be around until I’m gone. View attachment 17447
Congratulations, Not a bad keep!

I dreamed about this ^^^^more than once...66. FANTASTIC CAR! I have an attachment to the YB..... The BW is a great car IMHO... I hope you enjoy her!

What is the color name of the '19?
Exia is right...It was Blade Silver. It was a great color with the contrasting black accents on it.

Thanks for the comments on the new BW, and on my '66! The C2 Corvettes were my go-to car even as a young kid and one that always stuck in my head no matter what else was out there! I've had it for the last 10 years and it never fails to make me smile!

I gave the new baby it's first bath today and had a good chance to really go over it very well for the first time. After seeing some of the paint issues on other cars, I was worried at what I would find since I'm super picky! My luck is still holding and didn't find any real issues - just a bit of showroom/storage rash that'll easily buff out.
IMG_6189.jpg
IMG_6194.jpg

Congratulations! If I had known you were in Buffalo I would have offered to buy you beer
Thanks, we'll take you up on it next time! Wish we could have stuck around longer to sight see some, but the snow was coming in and we decided to beat it out of town quickly!

Isn’t it awesome when things just click into place??!! It’s amazing when it does, but kind of unnerving at the same time since you’re always waiting for the reality check!!

My Blackwing buying experience has been just that. I had a ‘19 C7 Z06 Corvette (manual trans) that I dearly loved, but after reading and watching too many reviews on the new BW, I had the bug - plus I can throw our 2 GSD’s in the back seat and still have tons of fun!!

A Corvette forum member purchased my car super quickly and the car shipped to him in Connecticut a week later. At the same time, I was joining some BW Facebook groups and quickly saw a dealer near Buffalo, NY (we’re in southern Illinois) post almost the exact car that I would have ordered, for sale at MSRP and available! I sent him a text, it was available, and we made a deal on it! One week later we flew up, finished the paperwork, and then spent the next 3 days taking a fun road trip back home and turning it into a little vacation - plus we got to see Niagara Falls with some snow and ice around it!

The weather cooperated perfectly and now the car is in the garage waiting for a bath!! Fingers still crossed for nothing bad to step up!!

From deciding to sell the Z and start a BW search or order, to having the BW in the garage was just over a month!! It was crazy! :oops:

The car is a 5 BW, Electric Blue, manual trans, upgraded black interior, the charcoal wheels and that’s about it for options - exactly what I would have picked, so the whole experience was a good/crazy turn of fate! (y)
Awesome, congrats! You made a great choice! PS - I'm a former GSD owner too!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back