Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2023 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

New thread for 2023 Blackwing Tracking​

Link to 2022 Order Tracking Thread:​

Production Status Codes:​

1100 – Order Placed at Dealership
2000 – Order Accepted by GM
2500 – Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged")
3000 – Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 – Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 – Order Scheduled for Production
3400 – Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 – Vehicle Produced
4000 – Vehicle Available to Ship
4B00 – Bayed
4D00 – Delayed
4150 – Vehicle Invoiced
4200 – Vehicle Shipped
4300 – Intermediate Delivery
4800 – Rail Ramp Unload
5000 – Vehicle at Dealer

Link to Tracking Page:

Rob you can remove my order from the tracker it showed up yesterday at the dealership. Thanks for everything!
C10B56CC-6E16-48CB-9069-4CFA524C8905.jpeg

Attachments

• 7F17CDCC-E948-44EE-9F0E-A0D487E2D641.jpeg
    7F17CDCC-E948-44EE-9F0E-A0D487E2D641.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
Hopefully this works out as planned!
Guys,I have been in the goat rodeo since Oct 2022. Ordered the car in Sept, it was built Oct 25th. Thought I would be patient, just hang on, i was not pressed. Watched the status change from 3800,bayed,4d00 and delayed. Well, I had enough and sent a well written, polite and concise email to the president and ceo of GM. Ms.Mary Barra and the president of Cadillac. That was sent at 730am Sat morning. At 1130am Sat i got a response from Thomas Kinney the director of US Sales. He assured me he would address my concerne. Today he message me and said my unit (car) would be shipping by the end of the week.
I can see the light and cant wait.
Well, it looks like the car is STILL at AutoPort. I called them on Weds, they verified the car is there but is on hold. Sent another message to the director of US sales. He said he would track it down and get back to me. Hope to hear from him today and get the car here next week.

Well, it looks like the car is STILL at AutoPort. I called them on Weds, they verified the car is there but is on hold. Sent another message to the director of US sales. He said he would track it down and get back to me. Hope to hear from him today and get the car here next week.
Mine was built end of November, 2022. Still waiting, and the status recently switched to delayed. Spoke to my dealer yesterday and he has 3 CT4-V BWs delayed waiting on parts with no estimates from GM on when they may be shipped. Hopefully you hear back soon!

Mine was built end of November, 2022. Still waiting, and the status recently switched to delayed. Spoke to my dealer yesterday and he has 3 CT4-V BWs delayed waiting on parts with no estimates from GM on when they may be shipped. Hopefully you hear back soon!
DAMN GOAT rodeo got you.

So what are the chances that my CT4 V BW order is a MY23?

Placed a deposit down with the dealer the very end for December 2022. Luckily, I'm first in line for an allocation. But with parts constraints and GM first building all the damn IMSA special editions that no one really wants, because it's just a $20k appearance package, it seems like regular 4BWs are being pushed aside to finish the IMSA editions.

I read an article that GM is going to be starting their MY24 production in July. I also read that the CT4 is getting a mid-cycle refresh aka facelift, though I'm unsure if it applies to the 4BW. If the 2024 4BW gets the curved touchscreen gauge cluster and my allocation becomes a 2024 instead, I would be quite annoyed because I like the traditional hooded digital display cluster rather than several iPads joined together end to end.

So what are the chances that my CT4 V BW order is a MY23?

Placed a deposit down with the dealer the very end for December 2022. Luckily, I'm first in line for an allocation. But with parts constraints and GM first building all the damn IMSA special editions that no one really wants, because it's just a $20k appearance package, it seems like regular 4BWs are being pushed aside to finish the IMSA editions.

I read an article that GM is going to be starting their MY24 production in July. I also read that the CT4 is getting a mid-cycle refresh aka facelift, though I'm unsure if it applies to the 4BW. If the 2024 4BW gets the curved touchscreen gauge cluster and my allocation becomes a 2024 instead, I would be quite annoyed because I like the traditional hooded digital display cluster rather than several iPads joined together end to end.
Basically, if you don't get an allocation, acceptance and TPW by mid May (end of order acceptance), you will have to start a new order for the 24 MY (they don't automatically roll over). Your biggest obstacle seems to be your dealer if they don't have an allocation. There have been recent reports of lots of 4BWs on lots available (my small, local dealer even has one). I would do some searching or contact another dealer about an allocation.

Basically, if you don't get an allocation, acceptance and TPW by mid May (end of order acceptance), you will have to start a new order for the 24 MY (they don't automatically roll over). Your biggest obstacle seems to be your dealer if they don't have an allocation. There have been recent reports of lots of 4BWs on lots available (my small, local dealer even has one). I would do some searching or contact another dealer about an allocation.

Crazy how they don't just roll over. My deposit and build specs hasn't even left the dealer yet. It's literally just in a file cabinet waiting for GM. What does the dealer do with my deposit at that point? Just hope I forget about it? The $1000 deposit was non-refundable, so if I go with another dealer, I'm out $1000. I don't give my money away for free, but I'm also not in a rush to get my 4BW either. The plan is to expect delivery around late 2023 or early 2024. But thanks for the heads up about needing to contact the dealer in May.

I want a specific build and every 4BW on the lot that I've seen has the generic dealer options they think will appeal to a typical buyer, which I don't consider myself as. They have 2 4BWs sitting on the lot now. A black auto(NOPE) and a manual blue IMSA for $85k. I do not like paying that much more for an appearance package. For reference, my build is $69k without CF1 and $75k with CF1. Unless they're willing to sell the blue IMSA to me for $75k, I'm going to hold firm on my custom order.

Last edited:
I guess you are stuck with the NR deposit. :( That's between you and the dealer. If you are going to hold fast to your build/options, then you are at the mercy of whatever might be on constraint at the time they get an allocation. If those things don't match, then you get passed over for an accepted order. Your dealer could conceivably run out of allocations before your build could be accepted. I assume they gave you a 6 digit order number when you placed the order and deposit.

Rolling over MY orders is just not something GM does. If a customer has an order that was not met in the MY, it is cancelled and has to be resubmitted (manually) for the next MY. Any discounts, conditions or concessions in the original order are also gone and everything starts over.

I want a specific build and every 4BW on the lot that I've seen has the generic dealer options they think will appeal to a typical buyer, which I don't consider myself as.
I like to think based on the folks I've met on here and in person, Blackwing buyers are not typical buyers to begin with. Unfortunately SOME dealers keep hanging on to a certain notion of what will sell, not realizing that what might make a CT4/5 premium, or luxury an attractive buy, simply isn't the focus for a Blackwing customer. The vast majority are enthusiasts so many of these allocations are being wasted on stock orders with automatics and sunroofs that are going to spend way more time on the lot than in even goat rodeo.

As for the IMSA series, well the VClub surveys showed that's what prospective customers wanted, just like the deck lid badge. I truly desired CF1 and it was a solid bang for the buck at MY22 prices but not worth the wait nor the increase for my dollars in 2023.

And I agree, The whole wall to wall iPad bit is already old....

I guess you are stuck with the NR deposit. :( That's between you and the dealer. If you are going to hold fast to your build/options, then you are at the mercy of whatever might be on constraint at the time they get an allocation. If those things don't match, then you get passed over for an accepted order. Your dealer could conceivably run out of allocations before your build could be accepted. I assume they gave you a 6 digit order number when you placed the order and deposit.

Rolling over MY orders is just not something GM does. If a customer has an order that was not met in the MY, it is cancelled and has to be resubmitted (manually) for the next MY. Any discounts, conditions or concessions in the original order are also gone and everything starts over.

I just called my salesperson and he told me that they'd just roll my MY23 deposit over to MY24 and re-do my build sheet, assuming that Cadillac makes any changes to the options and whatnot. The salesperson I've been dealing with since day 1 made it seem like my build sheet didn't even actually matter until the allocation came, since he was going to call me when it does come to make changes, add, or omit options, etc. And also reveal any constraints like CF and whatnot.

So the way he explained it to me, an allocation is just an allocation. The dealer has been 'chosen' by Cadillac to receive a 4BW, so to speak. If there are no customers wanting to build one, they just do a generic order and send it over to Cadillac so they have one to sell and continue getting allocations in the future. I don't think any dealer in their right mind would pass up an allocation even if there isn't a customer waiting for one, so they can continue getting allocations in the future.

I think that you're under the impression that my build has already been submitted to Cadillac, which it has not. It's literally in a filing cabinet waiting to be submitted to Cadillac when the dealer gets an allocation. When I get the call, the salesman and I will review and make changes, etc. and then officially submit.

It is the physical act of getting an allocation that is quite difficult. Many people have refundable deposits at multiple dealers hoping for an allocation.

Crazy how they don't just roll over. My deposit and build specs hasn't even left the dealer yet. It's literally just in a file cabinet waiting for GM. What does the dealer do with my deposit at that point? Just hope I forget about it? The $1000 deposit was non-refundable, so if I go with another dealer, I'm out $1000. I don't give my money away for free, but I'm also not in a rush to get my 4BW either. The plan is to expect delivery around late 2023 or early 2024. But thanks for the heads up about needing to contact the dealer in May.

I want a specific build and every 4BW on the lot that I've seen has the generic dealer options they think will appeal to a typical buyer, which I don't consider myself as. They have 2 4BWs sitting on the lot now. A black auto(NOPE) and a manual blue IMSA for $85k. I do not like paying that much more for an appearance package. For reference, my build is $69k without CF1 and $75k with CF1. Unless they're willing to sell the blue IMSA to me for $75k, I'm going to hold firm on my custom order.
Was the black auto on their lot ordered (therefore they got an allocation) before or after you put in your order?

Was the black auto on their lot ordered (therefore they got an allocation) before or after you put in your order?

So on the day I placed my order, the dealer got 2 in. Both generic dealer builds in auto, one black, the other red. Literally arrived the night before my visit, since the salesman I was working with called the night prior and told me that I can test drive one during our appointment. Told me he went to the staging place/warehouse/whatever and drove the red one back to the dealer himself. The red one sold at some point, but the black one has been sitting since December 31st, 2022, which was the day I placed my deposit. They got the IMSA edition one at some point too(which is still sitting), but I'm unsure whether or not special editions are at the behest of the allocation system.

So what you're saying @almazing is that it's not really an order until you get matched to an allocation? :cool:

The other day I was looking at images of the mega-screen in the XT4 and from the side it looks like a Model 3 with an accessory tablet bolted to the dash. It basically removes the traditional gauge cluster and doubles down on the tablet attached to the dash. I don't know how it will be integrated into the BW, but if it's anything like the XT4, thanks to our Tesla I'm over totally over that interior design strategy. OTOH, at least it will be in front of the driver rather than center dash.

Attachments

• 2024-cadillac-xt4-005-copy.jpg
    2024-cadillac-xt4-005-copy.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 48
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I just called my salesperson and he told me that they'd just roll my MY23 deposit over to MY24 and re-do my build sheet, assuming that Cadillac makes any changes to the options and whatnot. The salesperson I've been dealing with since day 1 made it seem like my build sheet didn't even actually matter until the allocation came, since he was going to call me when it does come to make changes, add, or omit options, etc. And also reveal any constraints like CF and whatnot.

So the way he explained it to me, an allocation is just an allocation. The dealer has been 'chosen' by Cadillac to receive a 4BW, so to speak. If there are no customers wanting to build one, they just do a generic order and send it over to Cadillac so they have one to sell and continue getting allocations in the future. I don't think any dealer in their right mind would pass up an allocation even if there isn't a customer waiting for one, so they can continue getting allocations in the future.

I think that you're under the impression that my build has already been submitted to Cadillac, which it has not. It's literally in a filing cabinet waiting to be submitted to Cadillac when the dealer gets an allocation. When I get the call, the salesman and I will review and make changes, etc. and then officially submit.
The dealer should have entered your order into GMWorkbench and therefore you would have an order number. He is right that the order has no value without an allocation. I would be scared to have a NR deposit and some paper in a filing cabinet that might be lost or forgotten. I would have a copy of the Workbench order in my hand at the time of ordering (which I did). That way you can check for correctness. Perhaps there is an order # and he has not made it known to you.

The whole ordering/allocation process has been gone over many times in this forum.

The dealer should have entered your order into GMWorkbench and therefore you would have an order number. He is right that the order has no value without an allocation. I would be scared to have a NR deposit and some paper in a filing cabinet that might be lost or forgotten. I would have a copy of the Workbench order in my hand at the time of ordering (which I did). That way you can check for correctness. Perhaps there is an order # and he has not made it known to you.

The whole ordering/allocation process has been gone over many times in this forum.

Yes, I did my due diligence. I'm not an idiot. I have the papers, thought it's not a 'GMWorkbench' order as I do not have an order number. Just my build spec, agreed upon numbers(MSRP), and a receipt with signatures from both parties. I call every month asking about the status of an allocation. The dealer has 2 4BWs on the lot right now(but I don't want either one), and a 3rd one that sold some time between the 31st of December and today. so they DO get allocations. And I'm not in a rush. I would, however, like a time frame, but that's impossible right now.

It's non-refundable so long as the car is in production. The moment GM decides to discontinue the 4BW and they don't fill my order, I get my money back. Meaning that my money is tied up so long as GM can theoretically still make these cars. I'm sure my 'order' inputted in to their computers or spreadsheet or whatever system they use. I just said filing cabinet because I'm sure my 'order' has yet to officially leave the dealership.

This was similar to how I placed a deposit on a GR Corolla last March. No order build sheet. Just a receipt and piece of paper with agreed upon numbers and signatures. I checked in with the Toyota dealer every month, and exactly a month ago, I got a call saying my GR Corolla came in. If a lowly volume Toyota dealer can do this, I'm sure a volume Cadillac dealer can as well.

So what you're saying @almazing is that it's not really an order until you get matched to an allocation? :cool:

So then what would you have me do? Wait until a dealer gets an allocation to put money down and hope to god they get said allocation the exact moment I visit the dealer? The deposit was to secure my place in line for an allocation. And I'm the first one in that line. I'm literally just waiting for GM to get their heads out of their asses and start building these damn cars again. There are 2 Cadillac dealers close to me. One had no fucking idea what the Blackwings even were and never returned my calls after speaking to them the first time. The dealer I have my money with now sells 4 and 5 Blackwings and gets allocations. And they're literally 5 minutes away from where I live. Other Cadillac dealers are hours away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop