Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2023 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

New thread for 2023 Blackwing Tracking​

Link to 2022 Order Tracking Thread:​

Production Status Codes:​

1100 – Order Placed at Dealership
2000 – Order Accepted by GM
2500 – Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged")
3000 – Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 – Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 – Order Scheduled for Production
3400 – Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 – Vehicle Produced
4000 – Vehicle Available to Ship
4B00 – Bayed
4D00 – Delayed
4150 – Vehicle Invoiced
4200 – Vehicle Shipped
4300 – Intermediate Delivery
4800 – Rail Ramp Unload
5000 – Vehicle at Dealer

Link to Tracking Page:

So then what would you have me do? Wait until a dealer gets an allocation to put money down and hope to god they get said allocation the exact moment I visit the dealer? The deposit was to secure my place in line for an allocation. And I'm the first one in that line. I'm literally just waiting for GM to get their heads out of their asses and start building these damn cars again. There are 2 Cadillac dealers close to me. One had no fucking idea what the Blackwings even were and never returned my calls after speaking to them the first time. The dealer I have my money with now sells 4 and 5 Blackwings and gets allocations. And they're literally 5 minutes away from where I live. Other Cadillac dealers are hours away.
With all due respect you are between a rock and a hard place with your dealer/deposit, because I would not trust them as far as I could throw them.....

There is a ton of info on this forum about the "goat rodeo" so if I was you I would hit the search button and start reading.......

Again, I mean no disrespect....

With all due respect you are between a rock and a hard place with your dealer/deposit, because I would not trust them as far as I could throw them.....

There is a ton of info on this forum about the "goat rodeo" so if I was you I would hit the search button and start reading.......

Again, I mean no disrespect....

What the would you suggest I do? Join multiple goat rodeos and have thousands of dollars tied up? I like the car. But I also like not having thousands of dollars sitting in limbo waiting for an allocation. I don't have a choice but to trust that they do their job. Did you just walk in to a Cadillac dealer one day and they magically had an allocation waiting specifically just for you on the exact day you walked in? Deposits on desirable and low volume cars are nothing new. It is what it is.

What the would you suggest I do? Join multiple goat rodeos and have thousands of dollars tied up? I like the car. But I also like not having thousands of dollars sitting in limbo waiting for an allocation. I don't have a choice but to trust that they do their job. Did you just walk in to a Cadillac dealer one day and they magically had an allocation waiting specifically just for you on the exact day you walked in? Deposits on desirable and low volume cars are nothing new. It is what it is.
Sir, I can't tell you what to do and I wish you luck on getting a Blackwing. I know you are new and I don't know how much of the forum you have read, but yes I'm special and did get an allocation the day I walked in and not only that it went to 3000 in 12 hours...Oh, my 5BW was the first one delivered in the nation almost two years ago.....

I am the Goat Father!

Again, no disrespect, I'm just a butt head....

Oh yes, I didn't put a deposit down on my 4BW.... I had to put 1K down on my 5 because I got one of the collector series..

A lot of people put down deposits refundable and non. No harm or issue with doing that. Finding a good local dealer with allocations can be the hard part. The general process is the dealer inputs the order in GMWorkbench to initiate it then waits for an allocation to go forward. I guess a dealer does not have to use that exact process if they don't want to as long as the end result is achieved.

As far as Toyotas go, I don't think they take customer orders at all. They tell you what they have coming in and you can make a reservation for that car if you want. I may have that manufacturer mixed up with another, but the point is not all manufacturers do things the same way.

Sir, I can't tell you what to do and I wish you luck on getting a Blackwing. I know you are new and I don't know how much of the forum you have read, but yes I'm special and did get an allocation the day I walked in and not only that it went to 3000 in 12 hours...Oh, my 5BW was the first one delivered in the nation almost two years ago.....

I am the Goat Father!

Again, no disrespect, I'm just a butt head....

Oh yes, I didn't put a deposit down on my 4BW.... I had to put 1K down on my 5 because I got one of the collector series..

Congratulations on your incredible luck and timing. Not everyone was and is as fortunate as you. But it seems like your fortunate position is blinding you from the realities us unlucky peasants have to deal with to get a Blackwing.

A lot of people put down deposits refundable and non. No harm or issue with doing that. Finding a good local dealer with allocations can be the hard part. The general process is the dealer inputs the order in GMWorkbench to initiate it then waits for an allocation to go forward. I guess a dealer does not have to use that exact process if they don't want to as long as the end result is achieved.

I think the dealer decided to not put my order in to the GMWorkbench because I was adamant about having CF1 at the time of deposit and they knew it would never get picked up by GM at any reasonable amount of time if they submitted the order. I have changed my stance on CF1 and could care less whether I have it or not.

As far as Toyotas go, I don't think they take customer orders at all. They tell you what they have coming in and you can make a reservation for that car if you want. I may have that manufacturer mixed up with another, but the point is not all manufacturers do things the same way.

They do not. The deposits are for your place in line to purchase whatever they're getting from the factory. Literal luck of the draw. Thankfully in my case, I got the exact spec I wanted, in the color I wanted. First one delivered in Kansas City, as far as I know.

So like @Tall Steve, I guess I am the regional Goat Father of the GR Corolla. And that car has an even worse goat rodeo than the Blackwings. I was one of the lucky ones. So I'm not super inconvenienced or even annoyed that I'm waiting for a 4BW allocation.

Last edited:
Did you just walk in to a Cadillac dealer one day and they magically had an allocation waiting specifically just for you on the exact day you walked in?
[ TLDR... while I was typing my missive @Tall Steve and @shbox chimed in... so you could probably ignore most of what I wrote.]

Probably the wrong guy to ask that question to 🤣! (he has 2 and one was the very first one delivered)

Hey buddy... just relax and slow your roll. There are a lot of good knowledgeable people on here... and they would love to help you.

I know that time can be hard to decipher in posts/ texts/ emails... but it appears that you may have come across a bit pedantic in your first posts whether you meant to or not. The peeps here were just having fun. Don't read too much into how things come across and we'll try to do the same.

There are varying experiences all across this forum that you could search and find out how different things that were done.

Right or wrong and for whatever the reasons are, many-a-time it has been (at least a bit of) a 💩-show (aka goat rodeo)... so if you want help/suggestions navigating it then you can start by navigating this forum via the search function or by not being such a noodle.... because we've been where you've been and have been just as frustrated/angry at times...so vent to us, vent with us, but don't vent at us.

If you are a bit flexible, I think you'll find that some of the methods that seem to be so crazy to procure one of these beasts really aren't so difficult or overly expensive and they are effective... and we like to share if you ask nicely and are open minded (we all like to share our successes) 😊

P.S. I waited 51 weeks from when I put my order in to getting my car (I haven't even been close to the longest)... and I got my 'non-refundable' deposit back from one dealer that required it like you when I received an allocation at another dealer (that only required me to put a deposit down once I took the allocation).

P.P.S. The car is totally f-in worth it. No Ragrets... not even a single letter

Finally...I hope this hasn't come across too heavy handed... but it looked like the train was about to derail and we've already seen at least 3 of them recently... so I didn't think we needed another!

Hey, can we get back to the real important topic here? When's @Rob going to update that order status chart again? ;-)

Probably the wrong guy to ask that question to 🤣! (he has 2 and one was the very first one delivered)

Hey buddy... just relax and slow your roll. There are a lot of good knowledgeable people on here... and they would love to help you.

I know that time can be hard to decipher in posts/ texts/ emails... but it appears that you may have come across a bit pedantic in your first posts whether you meant to or not. The peeps here were just having fun. Don't read too much into how things come across and we'll try to do the same.

There are varying experiences all across this forum that you could search and find out how different things that were done.

Right or wrong and for whatever the reasons are, many-a-time it has been (at least a bit of) a 💩-show (aka goat rodeo)... so if you want help/suggestions navigating it then you can start by navigating this forum via the search function or by not being such a noodle.... because we've been where you've been and have been just as frustrated/angry at times...so vent to us, vent with us, but don't vent at us.

If you are a bit flexible, I think you'll find that some of the methods that seem to be so crazy to procure one of these beasts really aren't so difficult or overly expensive and they are effective... and we like to share if you ask nicely and are open minded (we all like to share our successes) 😊

P.S. I waited 51 weeks from when I put my order in to getting my car (I haven't even been close to the longest)... and I got my 'non-refundable' deposit back from one dealer that required it like you when I received an allocation at another dealer (that only required me to put a deposit down once I took the allocation).

P.P.S. The car is totally f-in worth it. No Ragrets... not even a single letter

Finally...I hope this hasn't come across too heavy handed... but it looked like the train was about to derail and we've already seen at least 3 of them recently... so I didn't think we needed another!

Sorry if I came across sounding stand-offish and pedantic. My original question was whether I'd be getting a 23 or 24 with how things are looking with GM in general, and then I just got derailed with allocations and GMWorkbench and deposits and other stuff. So I felt compelled to answer and explain myself. I was just repeating what my dealer has told me about my situation. Every dealer is different in how they handle things, so one's experience will not mimic another's. I don't often visit here because I don't want to get antsy about getting this car. I'll lurk from time to time and ask a question when something comes up, like today. It's a big waiting game and it just is what it is.

Thank you all for your responses and information. I shall now return to lurking sporadically.

Hey, can we get back to the real important topic here? When's @Rob going to update that order status chart again? ;-)
Tomorrow. Sorry,I've been absolutely swamped in work lately

Sorry if I came across sounding stand-offish and pedantic. My original question was whether I'd be getting a 23 or 24 with how things are looking with GM in general, and then I just got derailed with allocations and GMWorkbench and deposits and other stuff. So I felt compelled to answer and explain myself. I was just repeating what my dealer has told me about my situation. Every dealer is different in how they handle things, so one's experience will not mimic another's. I don't often visit here because I don't want to get antsy about getting this car. I'll lurk from time to time and ask a question when something comes up, like today. It's a big waiting game and it just is what it is.

Thank you all for your responses and information. I shall now return to lurking sporadically.
Keep lurking... but if you want suggestions to try and help you move things forward (to an extent... delivery has been a nightmare for some due to the parking lot of doom... although it may be letting up a touch🤞), just ask... we got you😉

So like @Tall Steve, I guess I am the regional Goat Father of the GR Corolla. And that car has an even worse goat rodeo than the Blackwings. I was one of the lucky ones. So I'm not super inconvenienced or even annoyed that I'm waiting for a 4BW allocation.
I'm sure @Tall Steve would tell you there can be only one Goat Father and that name and the goat rodeo are registered trade marks of this forum, haha. You have to be here for a while to be able to understand all the bizarre interactions and the reasons people say stuff. It's practically it's own life form.

All orders have been checked and...updated accordingly.

goat falling GIF

I have been in the goat rodeo since Oct 2022. Ordered the car in Sept, it was built Oct 25th. Thought I would be patient, just hang on, i was not pressed. Watched the status change from 3800,bayed,4d00 and delayed. Well, I had enough and sent a well written, polite and concise email to the president and ceo of GM. Ms.Mary Barra and the president of Cadillac. That was sent at 730am Sat morning. At 1130am Sat i got a response from Thomas Kinney the director of US Sales. He assured me he would address my concern. Today he messages me and said my unit (car) would be shipping by the end of the week.
I can see the light and cant wait.

Well the week went by and the car is still on hold. I spoke with AutoPort and they had no updates. I did get a response to my email yesterday 3/28/23. The car was getting a missing part installed and would be shipping soon.
Mr Kinney assured me he is tracking the car and it is a priority to be shipped. Only time will tell.
All I know is it is closer now than it has been and God willing, it could be here in a week or so.

I have been in the goat rodeo since Oct 2022. Ordered the car in Sept, it was built Oct 25th. Thought I would be patient, just hang on, i was not pressed. Watched the status change from 3800,bayed,4d00 and delayed. Well, I had enough and sent a well written, polite and concise email to the president and ceo of GM. Ms.Mary Barra and the president of Cadillac. That was sent at 730am Sat morning. At 1130am Sat i got a response from Thomas Kinney the director of US Sales. He assured me he would address my concern. Today he messages me and said my unit (car) would be shipping by the end of the week.

Well the week went by and the car is still on hold. I spoke with AutoPort and they had no updates. I did get a response to my email yesterday 3/28/23. The car was getting a missing part installed and would be shipping soon.
Mr Kinney assured me he is tracking the car and it is a priority to be shipped. Only time will tell.
All I know is it is closer now than it has been and God willing, it could be here in a week or
Hard to believe things haven't changed at all since I got out of the infamous "goat pen". I know how discouraged you're feeling. Hang in there! It will show up!

All I know is it is closer now than it has been and God willing, it could be here in a week or so.
Hang in their brother, they unfortunately don't call this the goat rodeo for nothing.

Looks like I just actually joined the fun. Actually got a order number and now at 1100. (I'm also #13 on another dealers list for the folks waiting on CF1 & 2). That doesn't mean that the dealer has an actual allocation, right? Just that I'm now officially in the system, right?

Looks like I just actually joined the fun. Actually got a order number and now at 1100. (I'm also #13 on another dealers list for the folks waiting on CF1 & 2). That doesn't mean that the dealer has an actual allocation, right? Just that I'm now officially in the system, right?
Correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!