Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2023 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

New thread for 2023 Blackwing Tracking​

Link to 2022 Order Tracking Thread:​

Production Status Codes:​

1100 – Order Placed at Dealership
2000 – Order Accepted by GM
2500 – Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged")
3000 – Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 – Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 – Order Scheduled for Production
3400 – Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 – Vehicle Produced
4000 – Vehicle Available to Ship
4B00 – Bayed
4D00 – Delayed
4150 – Vehicle Invoiced
4200 – Vehicle Shipped
4300 – Intermediate Delivery
4800 – Rail Ramp Unload
5000 – Vehicle at Dealer

Link to Tracking Page:

My workbench order...
IMG_6539.jpg

Rob,

You can take me off the list - I picked up an almost identical car off the lot last week!

If anyone wants a silver 4 manual with black wheels and the premium black interior, there will supposedly be one in Alexandria VA in early May. (I'll believe it when I see it though).

Thanks for all you do here!

Dennis
Ok ..I just saw this after I posted a response in the Registry thread

@drbobbybones .......I'm a little confused. 15 Months? If my math is correct, you placed your order around Dec of 2021? As a MY 2022. So, July of 2022 comes around and your order would have been cancelled. Your dealer would have to resubmit your order as a 2023 (with a new order number). Something doesn't seem right. I'd say it's long over due for a sit down with your dealer, and not the sales guy....the GM. At least with the Sales Manager. You need answers to what's going on and written proof that that, or any order, is in.

At this point, there are some new, and many preowned, units around. You're in Los Angeles. There should be 5's floating around. There are definitely other dealers who should or may have allocations or incoming stock units.

Just my two cents....good luck
I placed my order 12/16/2021 for a 2022 CT5-V BW 6MT. I changed this over to a 2023 model in July 2022 but I'm still at 1100. Dealer is Cadillac of Pasadena, CA. They keep telling me they don't have any allocations and to their credit, I haven't seen any CT5-Vs on their website except for a 120th anniversary edition that they tried to sell me in January 2023 for $20K over MSRP. I declined that offer because its basically $30K more for a limited edition that I don't think will have much resale value increase over a regular BW. So I've been sitting around waiting for mine. Cadillac corporate has been absolutely no help. I've talked to the sales manager directly multiple times and he tells me the same thing each time--he doesn't have any allocations. Would love to know if there was some way to know if he is actually telling me the truth.

I've sniffed around before but now I think I'm just gonna have to go somewhere else. This ordering process makes me want to never buy a GM product again.

I placed my order 12/16/2021 for a 2022 CT5-V BW 6MT. I changed this over to a 2023 model in July 2022 but I'm still at 1100. Dealer is Cadillac of Pasadena, CA. They keep telling me they don't have any allocations and to their credit, I haven't seen any CT5-Vs on their website except for a 120th anniversary edition that they tried to sell me in January 2023 for $20K over MSRP. I declined that offer because its basically $30K more for a limited edition that I don't think will have much resale value increase over a regular BW. So I've been sitting around waiting for mine. Cadillac corporate has been absolutely no help. I've talked to the sales manager directly multiple times and he tells me the same thing each time--he doesn't have any allocations. Would love to know if there was some way to know if he is actually telling me the truth.

I've sniffed around before but now I think I'm just gonna have to go somewhere else. This ordering process makes me want to never buy a GM product again.
Don't let your current shitty dealer spoil your experience. There are plenty out there willing to help although I don't know how easy it may be now to start again. I'm considering putting an order in for a '24 when it opens. Was planning on having that convo with my guy at Caddy this weekend. He delivered me a BW5 with all carbon options on Dec. 22, 2021.

There are decent amt of BWs available now sitting on lots. Why not just go and buy one out of state and ship it? Or are you looking for a specific build?

There are decent amt of BWs available now sitting on lots. Why not just go and buy one out of state and ship it? Or are you looking for a specific build?
I am looking for a specific build (6MT, orange, tan seats, bronze wheels, carbon brakes), but also California makes buying out of state a very annoying process. So trying to stay within CA if possible.

I really don't think there are very many 6M 5BW's just sitting around on lots. 90% of the nationwide online searches are sold orders that are auto populated with stock photos and rendered backgrounds. The ones that are on lots think it's March 2022 and have big mark-ups added.

Ordering a BW requires considerably more effort than just working locally. With the newly issued guidelines on what an order is, mine took 20 months. I would ping Cadillac of South San Francisco, I can't say enough about how awesome they were to work with.

I think if you search around you can find yourself a 5 BW at msrp. I am going to trade mine in which only has 4 miles on it in couple months for the exact spec that I wanted. Trade in is black, with black interior with bronze wheel manual. Unless someone wants to pay me msrp plus what I paid in tax.

I am looking for a specific build (6MT, orange, tan seats, bronze wheels, carbon brakes), but also California makes buying out of state a very annoying process. So trying to stay within CA if possible.
Try beverly hills cadillac

I've sniffed around before but now I think I'm just gonna have to go somewhere else. This ordering process makes me want to never buy a GM product again

I believe tan seats are the ones with carbon fiber backs and supposedly those are on constraint, so if Pasadena did get an allocation they wouldn't be able to pick up your order and it would go to someone else or they would order an auto trans and sun roof for dealer stock.

I have an order with an out of state dealer with RPOs NC7 and YF5: California emissions. That and a giant check for California sales tax should be all you need to register in California. Beverly Hills is the number one Blackwing dealer in California and get the most allocation, but they flat out refused to place a custom order for me.

One other thought, one dealer I spoke to would only do an MSRP order for black or white - in case they have to sell it. Your orange preference may turn some dealers off as they'll worry about it sitting on the lot looking for a buyer if you back out - not sure if that is a real concern, but it is to at least some dealers

I believe tan seats are the ones with carbon fiber backs and supposedly those are on constraint, so if Pasadena did get an allocation they wouldn't be able to pick up your order and it would go to someone else or they would order an auto trans and sun roof for dealer stock.

I have an order with an out of state dealer with RPOs NC7 and YF5: California emissions. That and a giant check for California sales tax should be all you need to register in California. Beverly Hills is the number one Blackwing dealer in California and get the most allocation, but they flat out refused to place a custom order for me.

One other thought, one dealer I spoke to would only do an MSRP order for black or white - in case they have to sell it. Your orange preference may turn some dealers off as they'll worry about it sitting on the lot looking for a buyer if you back out - not sure if that is a real concern, but it is to at least some dealers
If your dealer does get an allocation and it is your spot in line, then they should be making you aware of any constraints (e.g. carbon backed seats in this case) at that time to give you an opportunity to change your order if you so desire or to pass on the allocation and wait for the next one. If that was the case, then @drbobbybones should be aware and say that they turned down an opportunity for an allocation(s).

Also, if the dealer is concerned about him backing out of an order and then being stuck with a car (e.g. orange in this case), then when the allocation is received that would be a good time for said dealer to request a deposit from customer to keep them more locked in to the final sale. Once again I'd expect @drbobbybones to be aware.

In the unlikely event that the dealer is getting allocation(s) and is just bypassing [d/t constraint(s) and/or undesirable option(s)] @drbobbybones without communication, then that would extremely shady and total b.s.

Guys,I have been in the goat rodeo since Oct 2022. Ordered the car in Sept, it was built Oct 25th. Thought I would be patient, just hang on, i was not pressed. Watched the status change from 3800,bayed,4d00 and delayed. Well, I had enough and sent a well written, polite and concise email to the president and ceo of GM. Ms.Mary Barra and the president of Cadillac. That was sent at 730am Sat morning. At 1130am Sat i got a response from Thomas Kinney the director of US Sales. He assured me he would address my concerne. Today he message me and said my unit (car) would be shipping by the end of the week.
I can see the light and cant wait.

Guys,I have been in the goat rodeo since Oct 2022. Ordered the car in Sept, it was built Oct 25th. Thought I would be patient, just hang on, i was not pressed. Watched the status change from 3800,bayed,4d00 and delayed. Well, I had enough and sent a well written, polite and concise email to the president and ceo of GM. Ms.Mary Barra and the president of Cadillac. That was sent at 730am Sat morning. At 1130am Sat i got a response from Thomas Kinney the director of US Sales. He assured me he would address my concerne. Today he message me and said my unit (car) would be shipping by the end of the week.
Damn!!! Why didn't I think of that? 😂

Shouldn't take that to get it done, but congrats to you for stepping up. Stupid thing to do with a built car.

Hopefully this works out as planned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace