Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2023 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

New thread for 2023 Blackwing Tracking​

Link to 2022 Order Tracking Thread:​

Production Status Codes:​

1100 – Order Placed at Dealership
2000 – Order Accepted by GM
2500 – Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged")
3000 – Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 – Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 – Order Scheduled for Production
3400 – Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 – Vehicle Produced
4000 – Vehicle Available to Ship
4B00 – Bayed
4D00 – Delayed
4150 – Vehicle Invoiced
4200 – Vehicle Shipped
4300 – Intermediate Delivery
4800 – Rail Ramp Unload
5000 – Vehicle at Dealer

Link to Tracking Page:

I just want the car, with or without buttons. I ordered mine in June of 2021 and obviously I picked the wrong dealer, because my garage is still lacking a Blackwing. Dealer was fairly straightforward with me, I was second in line, but the first guy got his over a year ago. Finally got the call last month and supposedly it will be built this week. Then the frustrating shipping process. I am just ready to hear that sweet V8 sing.

@drbobbybones .......I'm a little confused. 15 Months? If my math is correct, you placed your order around Dec of 2021? As a MY 2022. So, July of 2022 comes around and your order would have been cancelled. Your dealer would have to resubmit your order as a 2023 (with a new order number). Something doesn't seem right. I'd say it's long over due for a sit down with your dealer, and not the sales guy....the GM. At least with the Sales Manager. You need answers to what's going on and written proof that that, or any order, is in.

At this point, there are some new, and many preowned, units around. You're in Los Angeles. There should be 5's floating around. There are definitely other dealers who should or may have allocations or incoming stock units.

Just my two cents....good luck

Last edited:
@drbobbybones .......I'm a little confused. 15 Months? If my math is correct, you placed your order around Dec of 2021? As a MY 2022. So, July of 2022 comes around and your order would have been cancelled. Your dealer would have to resubmit your order as a 2023 (with a new order number). Something doesn't seem right. I'd say it's long over due for a sit down with your dealer, and not the sales guy....the GM. At least with the Sales Manager. You need answers to what's going on and written proof that that, or any order, is in.

At this point, there are some new, and many preowned, units around. You're in Los Angeles. There should be 5's floating around. There are definitely other dealers who should or may have allocations or incoming stock units.

Just my two cents....good luck
Many people refer to "order" as the day they got in line, which is not an order at all. I had an entire post about this many pages back because its a bit of a pet peeve of mine to claim you've ordered a vehicle when you put down a deposit waiting for an allocation.

If his car is being built then he has allocation, he is just referring to the entire time he spent waiting for an allocation as an "order" which is not correct.

I got my “forever build.” I had to wait 9 months to order. Then around 4 months to build. Now waiting for missing parts. For me it builds the anticipation (plus it can’t be driven properly in winter here anyway).
I think the dealer makes a big difference in the buying experience (managing expectations, communicating honestly about allocations, etc...) and I have a good one.
Perseverance counts for a lot, though some will end up disappointed for sure. I would encourage someone who really cares about getting their dream spec not to give up, and be patient during these trying times.
Unless they’ve got a shitty dealer. Then cut bait ASAP and find a good one. They’re rare, but they’re out there.
This. You’re absolutely right. I have a line into the ordering manager at my dealer and feel very confident that I’m getting the unvarnished truth. It’s not always what i want to hear but that’s out of his control. Therefore expectations managed on my end and I’m confident I’m going to be happy coming out of this. But as someone just posted, can not wait to hear the v8 sing.

Many people refer to "order" as the day they got in line, which is not an order at all. I had an entire post about this many pages back because its a bit of a pet peeve of mine to claim you've ordered a vehicle when you put down a deposit waiting for an allocation.

If his car is being built then he has allocation, he is just referring to the entire time he spent waiting for an allocation as an "order" which is not correct.

Yeah, I understand, but at 1100, there is an "order", but no allocation. I'm sure it's an interesting story.

Yeah, I understand, but at 1100, there is an "order", but no allocation. I'm sure it's an interesting story.
Yeah, you can't get an allocation without an order #.

But putting down a deposit to be put on a list is not an order without the actual order # itself.

Its still not an order at 1100, ordering something is a two way street. The manufacturer has to acknowledge what you want to order (2000 status). If you don't have this then they haven't accepted what your asking them for so how can it be an order? Just because there's a number beside it called "order number" doesn't mean anything at 1100 status.

All thats happened is you've told GM that you want this vehicle, they see that, but at this time they haven't decided to accept what your asking, therefore it isn't an order.

Is it semantics? probably, but it is certainly more helpful to describe the waiting with X time waiting for allocation and Y time from allocation rather then just saying the entire time is an order because its jarring to hear that someone's ordered something from two years ago and haven't received it yet because it sounds like they got allocation two years ago when in reality they didn't and it just causes confusion.

Semantics yes, but you can't have Y time without X time. :) You just have to be more specific about which one you are talking about.

By some measures I had (3) "on order"....baller!!

1100 is a nothing more than a wait list...waiting for an allocation to place an order. It's just like when people are obviously trying to be extra and say "1/4 million dollars".

Anyone know if the salesman/dealership needs to do anything after the car goes to 4300? Workbench shows available for pickup but what does that mean? Who schedules that? Been at that status for 5 months.

Anyone know if the salesman/dealership needs to do anything after the car goes to 4300? Workbench shows available for pickup but what does that mean? Who schedules that? Been at that status for 5 months.
Welcome to the Goat Rodeo!

The dealer is just waiting for the car to be shipped to them. Pickup is not allowed. You can only wait. 🐐

I think all three of us are basically saying the same thing. We have the understanding and knowledge of the system. Point is, this guy needs a sit down. To me, he either doesn't understand, or more likely, his dealer is, um, let's say, misrepresenting his "order".

Clarification regarding orders and allocation: If you sit down with a dealer, build a car, and they submit it into GM's Order Work Bench system, and you're given an order number - you HAVE AN ORDER. It doesn't matter if you put a deposit down or not.

That ORDER will sit at 1100 until the dealer receives allocation - a slot to fit an order into. If the dealer slides your order into an allocation spot, then and only then, will it advance to 2000 and up.

In order for an order to advance and eventually get built - it has to be given an allocation spot. If it doesn't receive an allocation spot, it will sit in the system, as an order, at 1100.

Now, if you put down a deposit and the dealer does not enter a build spec in the system and give you an order number - instead waiting until they get allocation, you DO NOT have an order. You only have a deposit to place an order.

Hey @Rob I assume you'll catch this on your next order scan, but it looks like my TPW has been kicked a week to 04/03. At least that's what my dealer sees on autopartners.

Reactions: Rob
Anyone looking for BW4's, Stevens creek Cadillac in Sunnyvale, CA has 1 track edition in stock and 2 more on the way. They also have regular Blackwing 4's in stock. I can't say if they are marking them up or not. In the past they were but the 4's have been sitting so maybe at MRSP. Ask for Tony Thruman. He just called me to say they have Blackwing's ready to go.

Your order was accepted in 5 days?
Yep - I was on the dealers list. As soon as my turn was up, they called me on a Friday, I gave them my build and they entered it into system. 5 days later GM accepted for production. Just need to find the right dealer.

Rob,

You can take me off the list - I picked up an almost identical car off the lot last week!

If anyone wants a silver 4 manual with black wheels and the premium black interior, there will supposedly be one in Alexandria VA in early May. (I'll believe it when I see it though).

Thanks for all you do here!

Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace