Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2023 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

New thread for 2023 Blackwing Tracking​

Link to 2022 Order Tracking Thread:​

Production Status Codes:​

1100 – Order Placed at Dealership
2000 – Order Accepted by GM
2500 – Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged")
3000 – Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 – Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 – Order Scheduled for Production
3400 – Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 – Vehicle Produced
4000 – Vehicle Available to Ship
4B00 – Bayed
4D00 – Delayed
4150 – Vehicle Invoiced
4200 – Vehicle Shipped
4300 – Intermediate Delivery
4800 – Rail Ramp Unload
5000 – Vehicle at Dealer

Link to Tracking Page:

Hey @Rob ,
You can mark my car as delivered. Thanks for everything you do.
Looks like 2 others also showed up at Hendrik Cadillac in Cary (Attached as bonus picture)
Congratulations!

Not gonna lie, I really wanted the shadow metallic and was thoroughly disappointed when it wasn’t an option for the ‘23 MY. I’m not upset about the black raven though. I’ll be putting stealth ppf on it when I get the chance.
Twining! Both in a car spec and 1st choice in paint that wasn't available in '23. Roof or no roof?

Thanks @Rob for the updates. My saga continues. 3000 status since start of the year. TPW has moved from early Feb to early April to now early May. I hit 3000 status with CF1&2 but have to assume this is the challenge. At this point, would likely just wait for 2024. We’ve discussed this earlier but no clear answer as to whether the mid cycle refresh would be extended to the blackwing but these latest articles suggest it will happen for the blackwing. Anyone heard anything?

I’m new to GM so no idea as to the reliability if Cadillac society or gm authority. This video was included in the article i just posted.

Thanks @Rob for the updates. My saga continues. 3000 status since start of the year. TPW has moved from early Feb to early April to now early May. I hit 3000 status with CF1&2 but have to assume this is the challenge. At this point, would likely just wait for 2024. We’ve discussed this earlier but no clear answer as to whether the mid cycle refresh would be extended to the blackwing but these latest articles suggest it will happen for the blackwing. Anyone heard anything?

You’re gambling either way. The new front-end refresh could end up uglier. And my concern would be with the redesigned interior, particularly if they follow current trends of removing hard buttons and moving more controls to submenus on the touchscreen… this is damn annoying for the driver, and proven to be more dangerous (fearless prediction: soon only expensive luxury cars will have hard buttons, and proles will be stuck with frustrating menus or, even worse, capacitive-touch soft buttons like the new GTI and Ferrari 296).

You’re gambling either way. The new front-end refresh could end up uglier. And my concern would be with the redesigned interior, particularly if they follow current trends of removing hard buttons and moving more controls to submenus on the touchscreen… this is damn annoying for the driver, and proven to be more dangerous (fearless prediction: soon only expensive luxury cars will have hard buttons, and proles will be stuck with frustrating menus or, even worse, capacitive-touch soft buttons like the new GTI and Ferrari 296).
It is much easier and less expensive to just put it all under one program on a screen. Gimme physical buttons please.

One month since I placed my order, car hit 3800. It’s moving along quick. But now comes the dreaded 🐐 pen. We shall see how quickly the car gets shipped.

One month since I placed my order, car hit 3800. It’s moving along quick. But now comes the dreaded 🐐 pen. We shall see how quickly the car gets shipped.
One month??? I have been at 1100 for 15 months. GM's process is so convoluted and opaque. Not sure I'll ever see mine made.

One month??? I have been at 1100 for 15 months. GM's process is so convoluted and opaque. Not sure I'll ever see mine made.
You need to find a new dealer with actual allocation. On the flip side, this order will be potentially replacing the CTV5 BW sitting in the garage with 4 miles (manual) in black. Maybe u should just buy the one I trade in if the dealer gives me msrp for it since it’s literally brand new.

Agree that you need to find another dealer. Either you are way down on their list or they just don't get enough allocations to be able to serve you. It's the dealer-not GM that is causing the grief in this case. Either way, go elsewhere. At this point you are likely going to get pushed into the next model year, because if it is like last year, they will stop taking new orders some time in May. There are also more cars available in dealer inventory these days. Maybe you can find one.

Sure, its a gamble but its not even in my hands at this point. Not clear the car will be produced as MY23 given the TPW keeps sliding back. I’ve decided i want to wait for CF1-2 from factory (i get that it is easy to retrofit) but i want it from factory and am willing to wait as this is a forever car. And while I’m gambling, would be interesting to see if any new colors make it to 24–in particular the frost colors. The first two have been incredible. I wanted noir frost but couldn’t get it with CF. I placed my order in Dec 2021…Im committed to getting the car i want at this point.

Sure, its a gamble but its not even in my hands at this point. Not clear the car will be produced as MY23 given the TPW keeps sliding back. I’ve decided i want to wait for CF1-2 from factory (i get that it is easy to retrofit) but i want it from factory and am willing to wait as this is a forever car. And while I’m gambling, would be interesting to see if any new colors make it to 24–in particular the frost colors. The first two have been incredible. I wanted noir frost but couldn’t get it with CF. I placed my order in Dec 2021…Im committed to getting the car i want at this point.
The rate LT4 keep blowing up, u might want a plan b long term. Ha!

I agree 100% I want buttons and I don't care if you call them upscale Chevy/Malibu or whatever I am so sick of the stupid electronics LCD, OLED, Plasma screens 15" 30" I don't give 2 rats Arses about that.

Nov 21 here! I stopped gambling with my build as the years and excuses slipped by. Not to mention the stupid price increases which will certainly happen again for your seemingly 24 model year. I stopped the nonsense and bought one which was not my forever build because it's never going to happen let's be honest. I would be actively looking for something that is close enough and what you can live with etc.

I got my “forever build.” I had to wait 9 months to order. Then around 4 months to build. Now waiting for missing parts. For me it builds the anticipation (plus it can’t be driven properly in winter here anyway).
I think the dealer makes a big difference in the buying experience (managing expectations, communicating honestly about allocations, etc...) and I have a good one.
Perseverance counts for a lot, though some will end up disappointed for sure. I would encourage someone who really cares about getting their dream spec not to give up, and be patient during these trying times.
Unless they’ve got a shitty dealer. Then cut bait ASAP and find a good one. They’re rare, but they’re out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop