Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
A friend of mine ordered his 5BW one month before I did (Sept). He has been told by the dealer that his car was being delayed for carbon fiber. I told him about this website and he reached out to Rob, to find out the status of his build. He found out that his order did not even go through ! Now he will be lucky if he can even get a 2023 order processed. He is pissed to say the least. The dealers seem to be clueless.

Hi Rob - my order just got transferred from 2022 to 2023. New order code is BVGQVC

Thanks!

Well, I was at 4300 last week, now 4B00. I am now a member of the goat rodeo...
(Actual picture from the GM lot in Lansing. LOL)

1656198112842.png

Two things that I learned today. #1. My car did not come with auto stop/start. Is it an option that I missed ? #2 I saw on my dash a green symbol showing " V4".......car must use 4 cylinders when coasting along. Learning something new everyday. Also today I hit 400 miles and averaging 13.5 mpg. 100 to go before break in is over.

Isn't great having no auto start stop? Dislike that "feature".

I think the "full" break in is 1500 miles. At least that's what the book says on my 4.

A friend of mine ordered his 5BW one month before I did (Sept). He has been told by the dealer that his car was being delayed for carbon fiber. I told him about this website and he reached out to Rob, to find out the status of his build. He found out that his order did not even go through ! Now he will be lucky if he can even get a 2023 order processed. He is pissed to say the least. The dealers seem to be clueless.
Tell him to stay in the fight. I was thinking the same thing and today I got word that my '23 order was picked up! I've only been trying for 9 months so I definitely feel fortunate :beer

Isn't great having no auto start stop? Dislike that "feature".

I think the "full" break in is 1500 miles. At least that's what the book says on my 4.
I think it’s mandatory on all cars by 2025.. or something like that. I expect gas guzzlers would still get a pass (i assume 5BW has a gaz guzzler tax)

I think it’s mandatory on all cars by 2025.. or something like that. I expect gas guzzlers would still get a pass (i assume 5BW has a gaz guzzler tax)
Yes, CT5BW manual has a Gas Guzzler tax. I can't speak to the Auto CT5BW...
1656206552312.png

Two things that I learned today. #1. My car did not come with auto stop/start. Is it an option that I missed ? #2 I saw on my dash a green symbol showing " V4".......car must use 4 cylinders when coasting along. Learning something new everyday. Also today I hit 400 miles and averaging 13.5 mpg. 100 to go before break in is over.
No stop / start on these cars and yes, there is an some form of Active Fuel Management on the LT4 that turns off half of the cylinders while coasting.

Correct. The "book" states on the BW5 that the recommended break in lasts 1500 miles. The RPM's will go up to 7000 after 500 miles. It says do not exceed 4000 RPM's and do not drive over 80 mph. Oooops ! It also says NOT to participate in sports driving schools during the break in period. Well, I'm going to Nevada in December and I will be driving someone else's car !

Correct. The "book" states on the BW5 that the recommended break in lasts 1500 miles. The RPM's will go up to 7000 after 500 miles. It says do not exceed 4000 RPM's and do not drive over 80 mph. Oooops ! It also says NOT to participate in sports driving schools during the break in period. Well, I'm going to Nevada in December and I will be driving someone else's car !
I thought it was 500 for the street and 1500 before tracking

I thought it was 500 for the street and 1500 before tracking
From the manual:
"Follow these recommended guidelines during the first 2 414 km (1,500 mi) of driving this vehicle."

Also:
"Axles must have 2 400 km (1,500 mi) before being used in track driving. The front, if equipped with AWD, and rear axle fluid temperatures may be higher than when driving in severe conditions. Drain and refill with new Cadillac fluid after the first racing or competitive driving event, and then after every 24 hours of racing or competitive driving. See your dealer for the correct fluid."

From the manual:
"Follow these recommended guidelines during the first 2 414 km (1,500 mi) of driving this vehicle."

Also:
"Axles must have 2 400 km (1,500 mi) before being used in track driving. The front, if equipped with AWD, and rear axle fluid temperatures may be higher than when driving in severe conditions. Drain and refill with new Cadillac fluid after the first racing or competitive driving event, and then after every 24 hours of racing or competitive driving. See your dealer for the correct fluid."
Wish I had a manual, owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!