Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Rob WTF why haven’t you updated my sh%t what’s going on……LMAO

I own a property management company dealing with condominiums, co-ops, homeowner associations. Sizes range from 650 homes to 70 homes and I can wholeheartedly say people suck ass lately, expecting resolutions instantaneously and don’t want to hear why we’re not providing them the results, etc.

As another guy said, I protect my staff and have told places to F’off as we don’t tolerate the abuse people think they can dish out. “Treat people the way you want to be treated” is our motto.

Thanks for all you do brother!

Rob WTF why haven’t you updated my sh%t what’s going on……LMAO

I own a property management company dealing with condominiums, co-ops, homeowner associations. Sizes range from 650 homes to 70 homes and I can wholeheartedly say people suck ass lately, expecting resolutions instantaneously and don’t want to hear why we’re not providing them the results, etc.

As another guy said, I protect my staff and have told places to F’off as we don’t tolerate the abuse people think they can dish out. “Treat people the way you want to be treated” is our motto.

Thanks for all you do brother!
It's like being on an airplane with a bunch of people arguing and fighting. LOL

Voodoo Ranger IPA 😋
I've got a few remaining from my voodoo ranger sampler pack in my fridge as we speak! Thanks again for all you do Rob, I would have ghosted all of us months ago. I know I'm an asshole. People tell me that all the time

Reactions: Rob
@Rob We all appreciate you doing this, for sure know that you don’t have to.

Dealer text today that I have an edd of 7/9. Will be just short of four months after build date if it holds, which I’m sure it won’t.

@Rob you can remove me from the tracker. My car arrived at the dealership today. VIN 860403 built on February 25th.

Attachments

• 9DE855ED-1335-4438-AC50-5DCFCBA0B8BA.jpeg
    9DE855ED-1335-4438-AC50-5DCFCBA0B8BA.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 118
  • CBD99F3A-EB27-4194-80AB-3DF106BDA367.jpeg
    CBD99F3A-EB27-4194-80AB-3DF106BDA367.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 124
View attachment 9266

Now that I've had the chance to get home, pour myself a cold one, and decompress from one hell of a shitty day, a couple thoughts...

Just because a Blackwing shows up at a dealership this morning, does not mean, it's instantly going to show up as status code 5000 - delivered to dealer. It's going to show in GM's Order Workbench System as the status it was at yesterday. That system only updates once every 24 hours. So that's why a Blackwing being tracked here and showing 4D00, Delayed won't show 5000 until I go and update the tracker with all the updates.

The tracking page shows the date I last updated it.

Now, I try to update all the orders as frequently as I can. And I thought I was going to have the time to do that today, but like every day I walk into work with a plan and strategy, the majority of the time, it gets hit with a Scud missile. Today, perfect example. The main guy that checks our Corvettes in, walked out yesterday morning. This morning I pull into work at 7:30 and there's 7 Corvettes on the ground waiting to be checked in. The guy that walked yesterday, MIA today. Zero communication. Guess who had to uncover each car, tag them, label books and keys, put each one on a lift and go over them with a fine tooth comb, baby sit the service Dept to make sure they're doing the PDIs promptly, help them pull the LPOs for each car because most of them are too stupid not to put the wrong LPOs in/on the cars, and...

Now..only part of the LPOs are showing up for some cars across the country ..example, contoured liner pkg showed up but the red engine cover didn't, AND, there's no record of it in the ADI system but it shows on the invoice for the car.

Now I have to jump through hoops to communicate with people to track down these missing LPOs only to get a generic response of" we have confirmed they're missing, and will push them to the BAC.

This is a new situation that started a couple of weeks ago and it's not LPOs that are on constraint.

It is a colossal f***ing shit show, and throughout the day, I can't walk anywhere without someone stopping me asking for help or reporting another SNAFU that needs fixing.

Then I have to get involved with a customer who expects us to install all of his aftermarket shit on his car that he had sent to us, FOR FREE!!!!! After, he paid MSRP for a high demand car, AND no Admin doc fee...when 90%of the dealerships out there are charging upwards of $100,000 on top of MSRP. He's paying ONLY MSRP FOR THE CAR

Can you all see now, why I lose my shit sometimes when it comes to dealing with the public and why I fully intend on walking away from the automotive industry and customer service all together?

People just suck. And it's not getting better. It's getting worse. That is just a very tiny glimpse into my usual work day.
Group goat hug! It's sad when you work in an industry you love and stupid crap makes you question your choices. I have been working part time at a local auto shop just to keep in touch with the car business and makes a little extra cash. I have grown a little tired of the mundane stuff and tomorrow is going to be my last day. I find that with age, tolerance decreases, LOL. Now I go into retirement 2.0. Time to find another avenue of irritation enjoyment. :)

WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER !!!! They say that things happen in 3's. Usually not good. Mine today are good. 1st....I got to see Top Gun 2 with my two sons ( been waiting years for it!) Good flick. 2nd, My 1967 Cadillac deVille convertible (one family owner) is ready to be picked up tomorrow after a one month engine rebuild. ( I did miss out on the Memorial Day parades. ) And last but not least.....#3......My 2022 CT5-V Blackwing automatic in Summit white has arrived at my dealership !!!! VIN # 810481 Built 3/10/22. I wanted to be there when they took it off the truck, but my salesman never knows when they arrive (usually during night hours). The truck just came into Long Island today from Maine.
****Tomorrow.....someone in New Jersey will be receiving good news. (Not sure what color, but another BW5.)

Attachments

• 20220602_192304.jpg
    20220602_192304.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 99
WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER !!!! They say that things happen in 3's. Usually not good. Mine today are good. 1st....I got to see Top Gun 2 with my two sons ( been waiting years for it!) Good flick. 2nd, My 1967 Cadillac deVille convertible (one family owner) is ready to be picked up tomorrow after a one month engine rebuild. ( I did miss out on the Memorial Day parades. ) And last but not least.....#3......My 2022 CT5-V Blackwing automatic in Summit white has arrived at my dealership !!!! VIN # 810481 Built 3/10/22. I wanted to be there when they took it off the truck, but my salesman never knows when they arrive (usually during night hours). The truck just came into Long Island today from Maine.
****Tomorrow.....someone in New Jersey will be receiving good news. (Not sure what color, but another BW5.)
Congratulations!

Congrats! That truck got any more goodies going to PA? Perhaps a 4BW?

Attachments

• Yall-Got-Any-More-Of-That.jpg
    Yall-Got-Any-More-Of-That.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 46
Here may be one issue that I may run into with purchasing this car. I currently have over $2800 on my GM Rewards card. I have other points (Chevrolet Rewards) redeemable with GM "entities", that are supposed to be worth $400 bucks toward the purchase of a "new" vehicle. My salesguy looked up to see if GM/Cadillac was offering any incentives and he said "None" available. There may be either 0% or 0.9% finance for 48 months. I'm not using GM Finance. I am putting $40-50k down and financing the rest thru either USAA Bank at 3.19% or my credit union at 2.5%. Most likely the credit union wins out with the lower rate. The salesguy alluded that I may not be able to use my reward points and cash to buy "this model" vehicle. Has anyone here who has a GM card been able to use their points/rewards toward the purchase of their car ? If so, how much did they allow? I used $1500 on my Colorado ZR2 back in 2018. Caddy used to allow up to $3000 on their high end cars. I have been using my credit card for a few years boosting my rewards and I will be pissed if they don't let me use it.

Here may be one issue that I may run into with purchasing this car. I currently have over $2800 on my GM Rewards card. I have other points (Chevrolet Rewards) redeemable with GM "entities", that are supposed to be worth $400 bucks toward the purchase of a "new" vehicle. My salesguy looked up to see if GM/Cadillac was offering any incentives and he said "None" available. There may be either 0% or 0.9% finance for 48 months. I'm not using GM Finance. I am putting $40-50k down and financing the rest thru either USAA Bank at 3.19% or my credit union at 2.5%. Most likely the credit union wins out with the lower rate. The salesguy alluded that I may not be able to use my reward points and cash to buy "this model" vehicle. Has anyone here who has a GM card been able to use their points/rewards toward the purchase of their car ? If so, how much did they allow? I used $1500 on my Colorado ZR2 back in 2018. Caddy used to allow up to $3000 on their high end cars. I have been using my credit card for a few years boosting my rewards and I will be pissed if they don't let me use it.
Are you using NavyFed by chance for your credit union? If so, was planning on doing the same if GM Financial has shit rates.

Call GM rewards at 1-844-764-2665 and ask them directly. There are several different types of GM cards out there each with their own redemption limits. Over the years the program has been watered down to where new cards don't carry the same benefits of older cards. The style card I have allows up to $2,000 towards a BW5 but your card may differ considerably. I plan to also redeem a credit towards the BW5 if I'm ever allocated one.

From my understanding, it is 1000, 1500, 2000 based on your tier and there was no statement about limitations on vehicle model. I'm sure someone else can validate from the dealer perspective

If u guys think this rodeo is bad let me tell you about my Audi experience. In October I put a 1k non refundable deposit down for a RS6. From then until January zero dealers got allocated any cars (not just RS6 literally zero of any car). Then they have a boat carrying a ton of cars catch fire and go down in the ocean followed by Russia invading the country they get most of their wiring harnesses from. Since they started slowly trickling out allocations again there’s been maybe 2-3 dozen RS6 orders picked up. My dealer hasn’t said anything to me and I figured I’d get a call this week saying 22 models are done and that I’d have to move to 23 so they can no longer honor our agreed to price. I happen to just look at my local dealers website this weekend and what do I find? That my exact spec car is currently in transit to them. I go to the Audi forum where there’s a similar thread to this but no central tracker where people just randomly ask their status. I find out my order was allocated IN JANUARY, locked to changes in February, completed build a few weeks ago and has an expected delivery at the end of this month. The dealer has said NOTHING this entire time to me even after we had a long discussion that I’d like to know when the order gets accepted and when the changes cutoff date gets known in case I wanted to change color. They assured me that they’d be in contact WEEKLY with updates as soon as the order got allocated and accepted. There’s been a lot of weeks since January & yet not a single update. I then call the dealer and get told “yea that car is showing your name on it but your sales rep has been sick the last week. I’ll leave them a note and they’ll let you know updates on arrival”. WTF?!

I suspect they don’t want to honor our agreed price as MSRP has gone up nearly 5k since then and they’re trying to sneak the car into the lot and sell to someone else. When I placed my deposit I asked 3 times “even if msrp changes mid year I’m still locked in at this price” and was told yes. Given that they’ve not followed through with ANY communication since placing my deposit im not optomistic they’re gonna actually keep that promise.

This is on a car that’s over 120k & this is the type of service, communication, & follow up I’ve received. The bitch of it is my plan was to let my other half start driving my AWD Infiniti (a must for our driveway in the winter) if I were to actually get a RS6. With little hope it’d happen, I put a deposit down on a Mazda CX-5 less than a month ago for her that way we each have a car that will be here by winter as the timing chain on the DTS she drives went & with 215k on the clock it’s just not worth fixing. Had I known my order had been picked up with Audi SINCE JANUARY id have never done this. Now my options are walk away from the Mazda or Audi & lose a $1,000 non refundable deposit or sell/trade the Infiniti, which is not something I’m psyched to do either.

As an aside, the Mazda dealer has been great. Immediately has called with any new update. They were able to when I entered my order get a car already in production allocated to them rather than having to wait for a build. The car is already set to arrive in US port this week and may actually make it to the local dealer before I get my blackwing that was finished being built the first week of March. Kinda wild a car ordered a month ago can make it here from Japan possibly before my BW. Still not as wild as how shitty my local Audi experience has been though lol.

If u guys think this rodeo is bad let me tell you about my Audi experience. In October I put a 1k non refundable deposit down for a RS6. From then until January zero dealers got allocated any cars (not just RS6 literally zero of any car). Then they have a boat carrying a ton of cars catch fire and go down in the ocean followed by Russia invading the country they get most of their wiring harnesses from. Since they started slowly trickling out allocations again there’s been maybe 2-3 dozen RS6 orders picked up. My dealer hasn’t said anything to me and I figured I’d get a call this week saying 22 models are done and that I’d have to move to 23 so they can no longer honor our agreed to price. I happen to just look at my local dealers website this weekend and what do I find? That my exact spec car is currently in transit to them. I go to the Audi forum where there’s a similar thread to this but no central tracker where people just randomly ask their status. I find out my order was allocated IN JANUARY, locked to changes in February, completed build a few weeks ago and has an expected delivery at the end of this month. The dealer has said NOTHING this entire time to me even after we had a long discussion that I’d like to know when the order gets accepted and when the changes cutoff date gets known in case I wanted to change color. They assured me that they’d be in contact WEEKLY with updates as soon as the order got allocated and accepted. There’s been a lot of weeks since January & yet not a single update. I then call the dealer and get told “yea that car is showing your name on it but your sales rep has been sick the last week. I’ll leave them a note and they’ll let you know updates on arrival”. WTF?!

I suspect they don’t want to honor our agreed price as MSRP has gone up nearly 5k since then and they’re trying to sneak the car into the lot and sell to someone else. When I placed my deposit I asked 3 times “even if msrp changes mid year I’m still locked in at this price” and was told yes. Given that they’ve not followed through with ANY communication since placing my deposit im not optomistic they’re gonna actually keep that promise.

This is on a car that’s over 120k & this is the type of service, communication, & follow up I’ve received. The bitch of it is my plan was to let my other half start driving my AWD Infiniti (a must for our driveway in the winter) if I were to actually get a RS6. With little hope it’d happen, I put a deposit down on a Mazda CX-5 less than a month ago for her that way we each have a car that will be here by winter as the timing chain on the DTS she drives went & with 215k on the clock it’s just not worth fixing. Had I known my order had been picked up with Audi SINCE JANUARY id have never done this. Now my options are walk away from the Mazda or Audi & lose a $1,000 non refundable deposit or sell/trade the Infiniti, which is not something I’m psyched to do either.

As an aside, the Mazda dealer has been great. Immediately has called with any new update. They were able to when I entered my order get a car already in production allocated to them rather than having to wait for a build. The car is already set to arrive in US port this week and may actually make it to the local dealer before I get my blackwing that was finished being built the first week of March. Kinda wild a car ordered a month ago can make it here from Japan possibly before my BW. Still not as wild as how shitty my local Audi experience has been though lol.
Sorry to hear about the issues. I have no idea what a RS6 is and wouldn't even care. Seeing it's an AUDI your better off not dealing with that crap and all that comes with it.

Sorry to hear about the issues. I have no idea what a RS6 is and wouldn't even care. Seeing it's an AUDI your better off not dealing with that crap and all that comes with it.
Big sports car fan we got here. You sure do have a hard-on for your euro junk, don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop