Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
My mistake was being stubborn wanting to purchase mine locally. I don't know why, I purchased my '18 V from out of state and it was such a simple process. I never even spoke to my salesman, I did the entire deal over text. I figured since I was first in line at my local dealer the car would have to get built, right? Not so much.

That, combined with the fact that my dealer got 2 allocations (one green one) and didn't offer one to me just burns me on the whole thing. Now I have to pay the inflated price for a '23 if I still want one. Can dealers decide if an allocation is going to be for a sold or stock unit when they receive them? @1StunnaV any input?

Yes, they can......

Keep in mind, allocation is not the customer's but the dealer's....... a dealer can choose to be fair or unfair, honest or shady, MSRP or "market adjustment" etc....

Your "spot" in line means nothing unless the dealer is ordering fairly. You can be moved from number 1 to number 50 should they choose to do so...

With that said, even if you were "#1" but you were not ordering the matte green, a very limited production color available for only 1 week of allocation, a customer who wanted green would be fairly moved up in front of yours since the color could only be ordered that one week....

wow, I had not heard this before, I thought GM raised destination costs at model year but not during the year. I remember when gas spiked a couple years ago and then dropped but the destination never went down, always up.

I have seen it raised multiple times..... That's why its a separate line item on the builder as well as on the "window sticker"

Gm chat has me at 4300. Don’t know why I’m 3800 here

3800 is "produced"... it would be 4300 if it was being moved locally, near the plant, to a lot or the VDC... thats normal.......

I can tell you from my industry perspective, aerospace DOD prime contractor, our customer, the US government, they don’t want to hear about supply chain issues, only what steps we are taking to meet schedule. Our schedules are even more aggressive than pre-Rona. Won’t get much sympathy from me. I put in more hours at my job last year than I ever have at my company. I’m honestly getting sick of everyone using the p-word to explain everything under the Sun that is going wrong. Suck it up buttercup, adapt, get creative, can-do attitude!
This is a glimpse of how big companies operate, in my experience. They figure things out months/years too late. Reactive, not proactive. Putting out fires is more visible, and more rewarded, than preventing the fires in the first place.

In this case: Why so long to hire another company to help (if that is, in fact, what happened)? Why not explore a way to offer "factory pickup", even if it just means prep and pickup from a dealer in Lansing?
Unions

WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER !!!! They say that things happen in 3's. Usually not good. Mine today are good. 1st....I got to see Top Gun 2 with my two sons ( been waiting years for it!) Good flick. 2nd, My 1967 Cadillac deVille convertible (one family owner) is ready to be picked up tomorrow after a one month engine rebuild. ( I did miss out on the Memorial Day parades. ) And last but not least.....#3......My 2022 CT5-V Blackwing automatic in Summit white has arrived at my dealership !!!! VIN # 810481 Built 3/10/22. I wanted to be there when they took it off the truck, but my salesman never knows when they arrive (usually during night hours). The truck just came into Long Island today from Maine.
****Tomorrow.....someone in New Jersey will be receiving good news. (Not sure what color, but another BW5.)
A great day indeed. Congrats. Almost time to get that Long Island get together in motion. Who else on LI is pending build or delivery? @RavenBW22 ? @V_G_M_3pedalonly ?

If u guys think this rodeo is bad let me tell you about my Audi experience. In October I put a 1k non refundable deposit down for a RS6. From then until January zero dealers got allocated any cars (not just RS6 literally zero of any car). Then they have a boat carrying a ton of cars catch fire and go down in the ocean followed by Russia invading the country they get most of their wiring harnesses from. Since they started slowly trickling out allocations again there’s been maybe 2-3 dozen RS6 orders picked up. My dealer hasn’t said anything to me and I figured I’d get a call this week saying 22 models are done and that I’d have to move to 23 so they can no longer honor our agreed to price. I happen to just look at my local dealers website this weekend and what do I find? That my exact spec car is currently in transit to them. I go to the Audi forum where there’s a similar thread to this but no central tracker where people just randomly ask their status. I find out my order was allocated IN JANUARY, locked to changes in February, completed build a few weeks ago and has an expected delivery at the end of this month. The dealer has said NOTHING this entire time to me even after we had a long discussion that I’d like to know when the order gets accepted and when the changes cutoff date gets known in case I wanted to change color. They assured me that they’d be in contact WEEKLY with updates as soon as the order got allocated and accepted. There’s been a lot of weeks since January & yet not a single update. I then call the dealer and get told “yea that car is showing your name on it but your sales rep has been sick the last week. I’ll leave them a note and they’ll let you know updates on arrival”. WTF?!

I suspect they don’t want to honor our agreed price as MSRP has gone up nearly 5k since then and they’re trying to sneak the car into the lot and sell to someone else. When I placed my deposit I asked 3 times “even if msrp changes mid year I’m still locked in at this price” and was told yes. Given that they’ve not followed through with ANY communication since placing my deposit im not optomistic they’re gonna actually keep that promise.

This is on a car that’s over 120k & this is the type of service, communication, & follow up I’ve received. The bitch of it is my plan was to let my other half start driving my AWD Infiniti (a must for our driveway in the winter) if I were to actually get a RS6. With little hope it’d happen, I put a deposit down on a Mazda CX-5 less than a month ago for her that way we each have a car that will be here by winter as the timing chain on the DTS she drives went & with 215k on the clock it’s just not worth fixing. Had I known my order had been picked up with Audi SINCE JANUARY id have never done this. Now my options are walk away from the Mazda or Audi & lose a $1,000 non refundable deposit or sell/trade the Infiniti, which is not something I’m psyched to do either.

As an aside, the Mazda dealer has been great. Immediately has called with any new update. They were able to when I entered my order get a car already in production allocated to them rather than having to wait for a build. The car is already set to arrive in US port this week and may actually make it to the local dealer before I get my blackwing that was finished being built the first week of March. Kinda wild a car ordered a month ago can make it here from Japan possibly before my BW. Still not as wild as how shitty my local Audi experience has been though lol.
I’d say if you don’t end up wanting the RS6 and they won’t refund your deposit then take delivery and sell it. They’d be dumb not to give you 1k back for that car. I have a mazda3 as a daily, hands down the best customer service I’ve EVER received on almost anything has been at my Mazda dealership. Everything from the buying process to service has been fantastic. The new CX-50 has been super tempting. I don’t need a new daily but I kind of just want to give them some money haha.

If u guys think this rodeo is bad let me tell you about my Audi experience. In October I put a 1k non refundable deposit down for a RS6. From then until January zero dealers got allocated any cars (not just RS6 literally zero of any car). Then they have a boat carrying a ton of cars catch fire and go down in the ocean followed by Russia invading the country they get most of their wiring harnesses from. Since they started slowly trickling out allocations again there’s been maybe 2-3 dozen RS6 orders picked up. My dealer hasn’t said anything to me and I figured I’d get a call this week saying 22 models are done and that I’d have to move to 23 so they can no longer honor our agreed to price. I happen to just look at my local dealers website this weekend and what do I find? That my exact spec car is currently in transit to them. I go to the Audi forum where there’s a similar thread to this but no central tracker where people just randomly ask their status. I find out my order was allocated IN JANUARY, locked to changes in February, completed build a few weeks ago and has an expected delivery at the end of this month. The dealer has said NOTHING this entire time to me even after we had a long discussion that I’d like to know when the order gets accepted and when the changes cutoff date gets known in case I wanted to change color. They assured me that they’d be in contact WEEKLY with updates as soon as the order got allocated and accepted. There’s been a lot of weeks since January & yet not a single update. I then call the dealer and get told “yea that car is showing your name on it but your sales rep has been sick the last week. I’ll leave them a note and they’ll let you know updates on arrival”. WTF?!

I suspect they don’t want to honor our agreed price as MSRP has gone up nearly 5k since then and they’re trying to sneak the car into the lot and sell to someone else. When I placed my deposit I asked 3 times “even if msrp changes mid year I’m still locked in at this price” and was told yes. Given that they’ve not followed through with ANY communication since placing my deposit im not optomistic they’re gonna actually keep that promise.

This is on a car that’s over 120k & this is the type of service, communication, & follow up I’ve received. The bitch of it is my plan was to let my other half start driving my AWD Infiniti (a must for our driveway in the winter) if I were to actually get a RS6. With little hope it’d happen, I put a deposit down on a Mazda CX-5 less than a month ago for her that way we each have a car that will be here by winter as the timing chain on the DTS she drives went & with 215k on the clock it’s just not worth fixing. Had I known my order had been picked up with Audi SINCE JANUARY id have never done this. Now my options are walk away from the Mazda or Audi & lose a $1,000 non refundable deposit or sell/trade the Infiniti, which is not something I’m psyched to do either.

As an aside, the Mazda dealer has been great. Immediately has called with any new update. They were able to when I entered my order get a car already in production allocated to them rather than having to wait for a build. The car is already set to arrive in US port this week and may actually make it to the local dealer before I get my blackwing that was finished being built the first week of March. Kinda wild a car ordered a month ago can make it here from Japan possibly before my BW. Still not as wild as how shitty my local Audi experience has been though lol.
At least this story hopefully ends with you getting an RS6 soon. There's a dude who tools around my neighborhood in a brand new red RS6 Avant and that thing is glorious. Ultimate family hauler right there...

A great day indeed. Congrats. Almost time to get that Long Island get together in motion. Who else on LI is pending build or delivery? @RavenBW22 ? @V_G_M_3pedalonly ?
I'm Eastern Queens and not technically LI, but now 3800 according to the tracker. My salesman at Sarant called yesterday (unprompted) to confirm the car had been built as well. For better or worse, he was also honest about the fact that he didn't know when it would actually be arriving. He said he had a 5BW for a customer which had been sitting in the lot since March and he didn't know what the holdup was, so basically an accurate reflection of the goat rodeo, though he did not use that term.

As many have mentioned, a lot of the experience is the dealer. If it wasn't for the 5BW manual, I might have seriously looked at a RS6. It is a fantastic car and looks even better live than in pictures. I love my Audi dealer, they have been great and tracked the 2016 S4 manual i ordered and constantly let me know the status. Plus they have a policy never to sell over MSRP. They all have become friends and my salesman will be one if the first people I show off the 5BM manual as he is a huge manual guy as well. I am sorry about your experience but if you get MSRP on the RS6, you can easily sell it for a few more bucks. No idea why they wouldn't refund your deposit as they will have people standing in line for the car.

Is it just me, or has pace of deliveries picked up maybe?… seems like lots of truck sightings and deliveries in last few days..

Unbelievable pricks...

Personally, I love the lines of the RS6 and the build quality is top notch.

My wife and I traded our 2017 Volvo XC90 T8 back in Feb for a new 2022 Cx-9 and couldn't be happier with it. The dealer paid us $1k so it was essentially a wash. The Volvo was the nicest car that we ever owned but also the most unreliable. I can safely say you will not have ANY problems with that Mazda, they are very reliable.

The bright side to all of this is that you found out about it before they sold it. I'm interested in how this will all play out. Although it may not seem like it, you are in a good spot. You have options. Post some pictures of what you decided to go with.

Happy to report my car has arrived at the dealer! Little timeline for those that can benefit:
Ordered 2/5 -> Built 3/11 -> Autoport Delta 4/13 -> Shipped to Dealer 6/3
Vin# 810490
Wft!! I had a built date of 1/31 vin# 810379. 🐐 rodeo at its finest!!!

As many have mentioned, a lot of the experience is the dealer. If it wasn't for the 5BW manual, I might have seriously looked at a RS6. It is a fantastic car and looks even better live than in pictures. I love my Audi dealer, they have been great and tracked the 2016 S4 manual i ordered and constantly let me know the status. Plus they have a policy never to sell over MSRP. They all have become friends and my salesman will be one if the first people I show off the 5BM manual as he is a huge manual guy as well. I am sorry about your experience but if you get MSRP on the RS6, you can easily sell it for a few more bucks. No idea why they wouldn't refund your deposit as they will have people standing in line for the car.
I've certainly thought about selling the RS6, given how few have been made and how high demand is. The pain is trying to recoup nearly 9% in sales tax. Right now I'm leaning towards trading in the Infiniti for the CX5. The Infiniti should be worth about the same as a trade in right now or maybe a bit more. I've poured a ton into the Infiniti (AMS stage 3, limited slip diff, extra cooling, custom infotainment screen, etc.) that will likely result in zero extra trade in and removing most of that stuff would be a huge time drain. The Infiniti is definitely nicer and faster than the Mazda, but its 4 years older with 50k on the clock and the turbos aren't known to be the most reliable on them (the engine must be removed to change the turbos too). The Mazda can also run on regular gas and certainly would have more practicality too in addition to being more reliable. Probably for the lady of the household's needs it is the better choice. Not that a CUV that can run a 14 second quarter mile is slow, but its slow to me lol.

I also forgot to mention the Mazda dealer was willing to give me invoice pricing on an ordered car, which should save somewhere between 1500-2000 off MSRP.

From combing the tracking thread it seems to be 3-4 months average once the built status code hits for 5BW’s. I wonder whose had the longest wait time for delivery?

Happy to report my car has arrived at the dealer! Little timeline for those that can benefit:
Ordered 2/5 -> Built 3/11 -> Autoport Delta 4/13 -> Shipped to Dealer 6/3
Vin# 810490
Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC