Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Think all of this is bad, I'm about to lose a customer because I can't control time. Mil-STD 883 says it takes 8 weeks to do a certain process and no way can you do it faster. If you try, you lose your certifications to do the work. This customer wants their semiconductors processed in less than 8 weeks but we still have to stick to the MIL-STD 883 so I'm stuck between a rock and hard place so I've told them if they find anyone that can do it faster and still maintain their certs, then go for it.

In my experience working for fortune 100 companies, it's much more difficult to steer the ship in a different course then a smaller/newer business. It takes time to implement improvements, in some cases so long the solution is no longer relevant. Changes to one area have ripple effects to so many other departments, you cannot possibly calculate impact to every angle. The implications and cost of making the wrong decision can cause alot of collateral damage. Layoffs and shutdowns are causes of poor decision making.

We cannot compare a startup company like Tesla to a legacy company like GM. There are no rules, no legacy processes to consider, no expectations of how things are done. On the surface, these companies should and do operate in the same fashion. The reality is they deal with completely different constraints from a business operating perspective and have there own unique obligations.

We don't have line of sight as to why things are the way they are and even if we did it wouldn't make any difference. We all need to sit tight and focus on what we can control.
Agreed! But tesla to combat the chip shortage rewrote there software to be compatible with the chips they could get. Maybe gm ford etc could learn from that.

Agreed! But tesla to combat the chip shortage rewrote there software to be compatible with the chips they could get. Maybe gm ford etc could learn from that.
Tesla also started using wood from the local ACE hardware in their cars - I get that the Silicon Valley 'agile and scrappy' approach gets results, but knowing how most software is built I'm quite happy to go with slow and steady GM when it comes to a vehicle I rely on for safety and transportation :LOL:

But you're comparing apples to oranges. You're comparing a very small lineup of all electric vehicles, vs. a huge lineup of internal combustion engines, that would need an enormous amount of time to reprogram, AND, then get re-certified by the EPA for emissions. Not only would that be an enormous undertaking in time...but money as well...

PXL_20220602_213404318.jpg

Now that I've had the chance to get home, pour myself a cold one, and decompress from one hell of a shitty day, a couple thoughts...

Just because a Blackwing shows up at a dealership this morning, does not mean, it's instantly going to show up as status code 5000 - delivered to dealer. It's going to show in GM's Order Workbench System as the status it was at yesterday. That system only updates once every 24 hours. So that's why a Blackwing being tracked here and showing 4D00, Delayed won't show 5000 until I go and update the tracker with all the updates.

The tracking page shows the date I last updated it.

Now, I try to update all the orders as frequently as I can. And I thought I was going to have the time to do that today, but like every day I walk into work with a plan and strategy, the majority of the time, it gets hit with a Scud missile. Today, perfect example. The main guy that checks our Corvettes in, walked out yesterday morning. This morning I pull into work at 7:30 and there's 7 Corvettes on the ground waiting to be checked in. The guy that walked yesterday, MIA today. Zero communication. Guess who had to uncover each car, tag them, label books and keys, put each one on a lift and go over them with a fine tooth comb, baby sit the service Dept to make sure they're doing the PDIs promptly, help them pull the LPOs for each car because most of them are too stupid not to put the wrong LPOs in/on the cars, and...

Now..only part of the LPOs are showing up for some cars across the country ..example, contoured liner pkg showed up but the red engine cover didn't, AND, there's no record of it in the ADI system but it shows on the invoice for the car.

Now I have to jump through hoops to communicate with people to track down these missing LPOs only to get a generic response of" we have confirmed they're missing, and will push them to the BAC.

This is a new situation that started a couple of weeks ago and it's not LPOs that are on constraint.

It is a colossal f***ing shit show, and throughout the day, I can't walk anywhere without someone stopping me asking for help or reporting another SNAFU that needs fixing.

Then I have to get involved with a customer who expects us to install all of his aftermarket shit on his car that he had sent to us, FOR FREE!!!!! After, he paid MSRP for a high demand car, AND no Admin doc fee...when 90%of the dealerships out there are charging upwards of $100,000 on top of MSRP. He's paying ONLY MSRP FOR THE CAR

Can you all see now, why I lose my shit sometimes when it comes to dealing with the public and why I fully intend on walking away from the automotive industry and customer service all together?

People just suck. And it's not getting better. It's getting worse. That is just a very tiny glimpse into my usual work day.

Last edited:
View attachment 9266

Now that I've had the chance to get home, pour myself a cold one, and decompress from one hell of a shitty day, a couple thoughts...

Just because a Blackwing shows up at a dealership this morning, does not mean, it's instantly going to show up as status code 5000 - delivered to dealer. It's going to show in GM's Order Workbench System as the status it was at yesterday. That system only updates once every 24 hours. So that's why a Blackwing being tracked here and showing 4D00, Delayed won't show 5000 until I go and update the tracker with all the updates.

Now, I try to update all the orders as frequently as I can. And I thought I was going to have the time to do that today, but like every day I walk into work with a plan and strategy, the majority of the time, it gets hit with a Scud missile. Today, perfect example. The main guy that checks our Corvettes in, walked out yesterday morning. This morning I pull into work at 7:30 and there's 7 Corvettes on the ground waiting to be checked in. The guy that walked yesterday, MIA today. Zero communication. Guess who had to uncover each car, tag them, label books and keys, put each one on a lift and go over them with a fine tooth comb, baby sit the service Dept to make sure they're doing the PDIs promptly, help them pull the LPOs for each car because most of them are too stupid not to put the wrong LPOs in/on the cars, and...

Now..only part of the LPOs are showing up for some cars across the country ..example, contoured liner pkg showed up but the red engine cover didn't, AND, there's no record of it in the ADI system but it shows on the invoice for the car.

Now I have to jump through hoops to communicate with people to track down these missing LPOs only to get a generic response of" we have confirmed they're missing, and will push them to the BAC.

This is a new situation that started a couple of weeks ago and it's not LPOs that are on constraint.

It is a colossal f***ing shit show, and throughout the day, I can't walk anywhere without someone stopping me asking for help or reporting another SNAFU that needs fixing.

Then I have to get involved with a customer who expects us to install all of his aftermarket shit on his car that he had sent to us, FOR FREE!!!!! After, he paid MSRP for a high demand car, AND no Admin doc fee...when 90%of the dealerships out there are charging upwards of $100,000 on top of MSRP. He's paying ONLY MSRP FOR THE CAR

Can you all see now, why I lose my shit sometimes when it comes to dealing with the public and why I fully intend on walking away from the automotive industry and customer service all together?

People just suck. And it's not getting better. It's getting worse. That is just a very tiny glimpse into my usual work day.
Most importantly, what kind of beer you drinking?

View attachment 9266

Yes, people suck, and they are getting worse.

Thanks for ALL you do here. It's MUCH appreciated by all.

Lastly, great back yard, and I love the gargoyles!

View attachment 9266

I can't speak for everyone, but I really appreciate this forum and the effort you put in for this community!

Holy hell man...that's just one of those days you wish you could walk away from. You go ahead and switch off, pound down another Ranger and forget about your troubles.

FWIW, I hear where your coming from, I couldn't hang in for more than 10 years in the auto industry before I jumped ship.

After being on so many other forums over the years, this is my favorite by far. We're glad your here to keep things afloat. Your responses have a way of putting things in perspective.

You hang in there, and I hope your tomorrow is a much better day.

Yes, people suck, and they are getting worse.

Thanks for ALL you do here. It's MUCH appreciated by all.

Lastly, great back yard, and I love the gargoyles!
I'm still trying to convince the gargoyles to scare the chipmunks away and keep them from digging in my pots. LOL
PXL_20211001_232551036.jpg

PXL_20210927_230607513.jpg

PXL_20210903_184903686.MP.jpg

PXL_20210903_184858576.jpg

PXL_20210903_184820613.jpg

Everyone appreciates what, and all that you do here. If you were to put everything on pause, be it temporary or permanently, I doubt anyone would hold it against you. Everyone can either hit up Cadillac chat or call their salesman. This isn't worth your sanity or the added stress in your life.
Right! Thank you @Rob for what you do here and enjoy that cold adult beverage :beer

Now if only they do the same for sports cars. We're in a weird spot of auto sales where the general public is likely ready to pay MSRP for any car. So if they could actually at least offer online for all models sold I think it would only benefit sales for the manufacturer. Obviously they can't cut out the dealer but at least offer it on the side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop