Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
I mean it is kind of goofy, I am sure they have their reasons for doing it this way, but you shouldn't be punished by what dealer you select. When your dealer puts in an order for a car it should put you into the end of the queue with manufacturer, not the dealer, and as cars get made you move up. When you get within top 10 (or whatever number) if anything you ordered is on constraint you should be contacted by dealer or manufacturer and they let you know, if you decide not to change your order you will then be put at the end of different "constrained queue".
You are exactly correct. With the competitors (Tesla, Lucid Air, Rivian and others) using a different paradigm, the advent of low-volume, high demand offerings plus the introduction of so many new models (mostly electric) intended to attract buyers from other brands; the allocation model is far past its expiration date.
The dealers are stuck in the middle and are often as much in the dark as the consumer. Consumers who, apparently, are supposed to understand the allocation system so they can then research dealers that might offer them the best chance to get an allocation, often putting their local dealer at a disadvantage. It makes no sense in todays market while first in/first out does.
But Manufactures don't have a lot of leverage over dealers and the allocation system provides some so I don't see it going anywhere.

I mean it is kind of goofy, I am sure they have their reasons for doing it this way, but you shouldn't be punished by what dealer you select. When your dealer puts in an order for a car it should put you into the end of the queue with manufacturer, not the dealer, and as cars get made you move up. When you get within top 10 (or whatever number) if anything you ordered is on constraint you should be contacted by dealer or manufacturer and they let you know, if you decide not to change your order you will then be put at the end of different "constrained queue".
This makes entirely too much sense.

After just 354 DAYS of waiting, I finally got a freaking allocation. I am only the second at my small dealer. The bad news is (other than the constraints we know about, carbon fiber) that Infrared Tintcoat is on constraint, so I had to change to Wave Blue to get the order submitted. I would like to thank @burn813 for the inspiration on that since I like the bronze wheels, but didn't know how they would look with blue.

Yes, it sucks, it's a pain in the ass, GM knows about it - especially since I've bitched to them for the last two years that I'm getting up at 4am every friggin morning, logging into the back-end of a dealer website and manually making sold order Corvettes "unmarketable" so they fall off the website.

trained.gif

After just 354 DAYS of waiting, I finally got a freaking allocation. I am only the second at my small dealer. The bad news is (other than the constraints we know about, carbon fiber) that Infrared Tintcoat is on constraint, so I had to change to Wave Blue to get the order submitted. I would like to thank @burn813 for the inspiration on that since I like the bronze wheels, but didn't know how they would look with blue.
It would seem more important than ever that anyone in the waiting queue should have alternate choices on the ready for when the dealer calls. I can understand the DEF color constraint, but Infrared Tintcoat? Wow.

And by WOW 😮 I mean, are you F'ING kidding me. Infrared is on CONSTRAINT!?!?!?! I'm going to lose my mind. Just tell me 5BW's are on constraint. Go ahead. Make my day. It's just keeps getting better

You are exactly correct. With the competitors (Tesla, Lucid Air, Rivian and others) using a different paradigm, the advent of low-volume, high demand offerings plus the introduction of so many new models (mostly electric) intended to attract buyers from other brands; the allocation model is far past its expiration date.
The dealers are stuck in the middle and are often as much in the dark as the consumer. Consumers who, apparently, are supposed to understand the allocation system so they can then research dealers that might offer them the best chance to get an allocation, often putting their local dealer at a disadvantage. It makes no sense in todays market while first in/first out does.
But Manufactures don't have a lot of leverage over dealers and the allocation system provides some so I don't see it going anywhere.
I imagine this is a big part of the reason Ford is spinning off its EV business. That side of the house will have much more control over dealers and pricing. It will be more closely aligned to the direct to consumer models being employees by new start ups.

Last edited:
All orders have been checked and updated accordingly.

Collectively speaking, this is the most movement I've seen in the orders I've been tracking, since last year. It's like Cadillac is trying to make it to the 2022 model year finish line. LOL

And by WOW 😮 I mean, are you F'ING kidding me. Infrared is on CONSTRAINT!?!?!?! I'm going to lose my mind. Just tell me 5BW's are on constraint. Go ahead. Make my day. It's just keeps getting better
I said this in the other order tracking thread that was deleted, just give us a rolling unibody chassis with a hole cut in the dash for infotainment. I’ll purchase a ZZ632 separately and build it myself at this point! 😂

you really can't go wrong with Wave and Tech Bronze

I think I may have the record right now if my order pans out. Initial deposit 02FEB2022, 3000 on 02MAR2022, TPW 14MAR2022.
Very similar to my experience:
12/31/21 order & deposit placed, 1/27/22 order status 3000, 1/31/22 order status 3400 with TPW 2/7/22, built on 2/8/22 and 3800 ever since….

No CF (obviously) and I think just plain dumb luck on an allocation with a large dealership.

I thought I was going to have a record build haha. Ordered 1/15/22 and had a TWP of 2/7, but im still sitting at 3400 a month later. Have no idea what the hold up is - only thing I can think of is the paint color at this point (shadow metallic). All the other 2/7 CT4 BWs have been completed as far as I can see, some with the same options/seat colors as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop