Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Looks like our cars were assembly line neighbors (mine is 860328)! Crazy how times change, where we'd even know that. I hope we move past 3800 status after being there for a little while now. Although you have an EDD and I don't. :(
I agree. Forums like this are invaluable to the enthusiast community. And the best ones keep you coming back long after you sold the car that brought you there.

any chance yours is #riftGang ? and also not sure if the EDD is a good thing or bad as it risks turning expectations into disappointment. I think there are still a few on the list with status 4300 and EDD in the past. =/

My wife said I have to put a trailer hitch on the blackwing...

Attachments

• 20220207_201442.jpg
    20220207_201442.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 107
Rob, please add my order number to the tracker: BCGTTS
Why do you want me to add this to the tracker? It's for a CT4-V at status 6000 - Delivered to Customer.

All orders have been checked and updated accordingly.

Hi all just joined. I'm in Edmonton Alberta Canada. I have had a deposit since since August. Got some good news in the first week on January that my dealer had been allocated one. Received a call two weeks ago saying they could put the order in with a "but". The "but" was there would be no CF options. I told them I was willing to wait to get the build I wanted. Fingers crossed it doesn't add too much time to the build. This site has been very informative in understanding all the constraints involved with this beast.
Cheers.

I agree. Forums like this are invaluable to the enthusiast community. And the best ones keep you coming back long after you sold the car that brought you there.

any chance yours is #riftGang ? and also not sure if the EDD is a good thing or bad as it risks turning expectations into disappointment. I think there are still a few on the list with status 4300 and EDD in the past. =/

Nope, Black Raven for me. Classic black. I love Rift Metallic, and many of the other colors as well (I'm partial to the blues), but Black Raven was literally the only color I even considered. Of all the things I debated endlessly about (carbon ceramics or not, data recorder or not, etc.), color was never in doubt.

Why Black Raven? I think black is a classic color for a Cadillac. I'm going for more of a sleeper look, nothing flashy, no carbon fiber packages, etc.

But there is another reason....

<crazy>

I know this sounds ridiculous. I have a thing for crows & ravens. When I found out there was a car called "Blackwing" I was intrigued. When I found out it was available in "Black Raven," well, it was a sign. :)

Why crows & ravens? Long story.

I'm an engineer. I sit in meetings with people who, while smart in their fields, say some crazy things when commenting outside their area of expertise. They are otherwise extremely smart and successful people, so they think their brilliance translates to other fields. It's hard to tell them they're wrong.

Once upon a time I proposed a solid (my opinion, but I can back it up) design and I was told, "No, Tom, we can't do that. What about 'black swan' events, such as hurricanes, earthquakes, etc.?" I responded accordingly.

Note: A "black swan" event is an extremely rare and very severe event, such as a "black swan" event in the financial markets.

I blurted out, completely off the top of my head, "Black swan events? BLACK SWANS? First of all, it would take a very selective and extremely rare event, even by 'black swan' standards, to fail my design and leave your status quo design intact. A true 'black swan' would take the whole data center down regardless of which design we picked. More importantly, black swan events, by definition, almost never happen. While we should plan for as many edge cases as possible, you're ignoring the BLACK CROW events that actually take us down regularly, the stuff we really should be designing for! A 'black crow' event is a problem that occurs while part of our system is down for maintenance or plain old human error--the biggest cause of failures. The common, annoying problems that are always there, always lurking, just like a black crow, annoying you with their constant cawing. My design addresses the problems we actually have, the 'black crows,' the things completely within our control."

I happened to say "black crow" purely to pick another black bird--a common, always there, annoying, taken for granted bird--to provide a contrast with the rare, elegant black swan. Again, completely at random, off the top of my head.

Well, my office mate and I loved the comparison and started to use it regularly. If we had a problem at one of our sites we'd ask the Ops guys, "What happened, was it a 'swan' or a 'crow'?" Translation: "Be honest, was this something that was *truly* outside of our control or could we have addressed this with a better design or better procedures?"

As a gentle (!) reminder of how I felt, I started buying crow & raven artwork to hang in my office, placed so that it would be visible over my shoulder when I was on a VC. Attached is a picture of me a local art fair, after picking up some of the art I had already arranged to buy. This is the artist:

In the picture, just for fun, I happened to be wearing my Tower of London t-shirt. If you're not familiar, legend has it that ravens are the symbolic guardians of the Tower of London.

We had crow stickers made, for our phones and laptops. With an electrical theme, of course. Picture attached.

I started using a "caw" sound for my phone notification tone. Yes, completely out of control.

As a bonus, also completely by chance, I later found out that crows and ravens are crazy smart birds. Which only made me love them more. Look it up, you might be amazed.

Here's an example. :)

</crazy>

Laugh at me if you want. Believe me, I understand, it's fully justified.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not buying the car because of the name. Getting a great sedan with a monster V8 and a manual is why I'm buying it. I want to get this while I still can, before the whole world goes automatic and/or electric.

But getting a "Blackwing" in "Black Raven" makes me smile just a little more, so that's what I did. :)

Attachments

• 20180901_135451.jpg
    20180901_135451.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 89
  • 20200223_131539.jpg
    20200223_131539.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 79
How are you guys getting any updates via caddy customer service. The person on the chat repeatedly told me she has no info and to contact my dealer 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Nope, Black Raven for me. Classic black.
But getting a "Blackwing" in "Black Raven" makes me smile just a little more, so that's what I did. :)
Great story! Thank you for taking the time to type that out. It also sounds like we are in similar fields.

The story of how I landed on Rift isn't nearly as inspired, just that I owned 3 black 911's in a row and after selling the last one for this BW, decided NEVER A BLACK CAR AGAIN!

Though black cars are beautiful and doubly so on this one! Congrats and I am looking forward to following your adventure.

How are you guys getting any updates via caddy customer service. The person on the chat repeatedly told me she has no info and to contact my dealer 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
What updates are you looking for?

As much as I like the look of black (I had 4 black cars in the driveway at once a few years ago), when I got my white ATS a few years back, I realized how much I was baking in the southern, summer sun. My new V coming is Rift.

bloominguez, I'd say you fit right in with this group (and quite a story). I don't know if there can be such a thing as a crow rodeo, though. 🙃

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop