Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
The 991.x are my favorite Gen.

When my garage space improves or the kids learn to drive themselves, a 991.2 Turbo will be happily parked next to the BW.. Agate Grey would be swell.

Here's my 991.1 Turbo S.
View attachment 7018

Identical exterior to mine. I had my wheels painted gloss black, parking lights and markers smoked, and windows tinted.

It was a fantastic car that I miss. Got it off the lot in Jan 16 as a leftover 15 for $35k under msrp ... remember when that was a thing?

These days black cars aren't as huge a pita as they used to be. A coat of ceramic coating when the paint is new and the paint stays looking new and swirl free forever. I run my dailies through the car wash at will and never a swirl mark.

Can you add ZXCG1C for me please. Was just told I had an allocation!

My order changed to 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was yelling so loud my wife thought I won the lottery:))
Don't feel bad. I'll be doing the exact same thing when I can delete your order out of the tracker! :boogie

What updates are you looking for?
Trying to get some more specifics as to why car has been sitting for two months built with no updates. My dealer had it coming supposedly in December and it’s just been sitting for two months and I’m a state away from it. The transportation tracker has shown “picked” forever now. Your tracker shows 3800 status, my dealer shows 4100 status. Trying to get to the bottom of this because this dealer is really pissing me off w their lack of shit giving.

So what’s the time been lately between 2000 and 2500?

I feel like I can participate finally since my orders now actually going somewhere lol
Depending on your build specs and GM's production rate, CT5-V Blackwings can take anywhere from 6 months to a year based off people who have recently gotten their cars. That timeline is from when you ordered the car. There doesn't seem to be any kind of standard between build statuses. The last guy to post delivery pictures said he waited 367 days from order to delivery.

How do you find your build status
You can also hit the chat bot on Cadillac.com. Type Hi, wait for the response, write in "order status", wait for response, enter your order number. It usually matches Rob's tracker, but not always.

Nope, Black Raven for me. Classic black. I love Rift Metallic, and many of the other colors as well (I'm partial to the blues), but Black Raven was literally the only color I even considered. Of all the things I debated endlessly about (carbon ceramics or not, data recorder or not, etc.), color was never in doubt.

Why Black Raven? I think black is a classic color for a Cadillac. I'm going for more of a sleeper look, nothing flashy, no carbon fiber packages, etc.

But there is another reason....

<crazy>

I know this sounds ridiculous. I have a thing for crows & ravens. When I found out there was a car called "Blackwing" I was intrigued. When I found out it was available in "Black Raven," well, it was a sign. :)

Why crows & ravens? Long story.

I'm an engineer. I sit in meetings with people who, while smart in their fields, say some crazy things when commenting outside their area of expertise. They are otherwise extremely smart and successful people, so they think their brilliance translates to other fields. It's hard to tell them they're wrong.

Once upon a time I proposed a solid (my opinion, but I can back it up) design and I was told, "No, Tom, we can't do that. What about 'black swan' events, such as hurricanes, earthquakes, etc.?" I responded accordingly.

Note: A "black swan" event is an extremely rare and very severe event, such as a "black swan" event in the financial markets.

I blurted out, completely off the top of my head, "Black swan events? BLACK SWANS? First of all, it would take a very selective and extremely rare event, even by 'black swan' standards, to fail my design and leave your status quo design intact. A true 'black swan' would take the whole data center down regardless of which design we picked. More importantly, black swan events, by definition, almost never happen. While we should plan for as many edge cases as possible, you're ignoring the BLACK CROW events that actually take us down regularly, the stuff we really should be designing for! A 'black crow' event is a problem that occurs while part of our system is down for maintenance or plain old human error--the biggest cause of failures. The common, annoying problems that are always there, always lurking, just like a black crow, annoying you with their constant cawing. My design addresses the problems we actually have, the 'black crows,' the things completely within our control."

I happened to say "black crow" purely to pick another black bird--a common, always there, annoying, taken for granted bird--to provide a contrast with the rare, elegant black swan. Again, completely at random, off the top of my head.

Well, my office mate and I loved the comparison and started to use it regularly. If we had a problem at one of our sites we'd ask the Ops guys, "What happened, was it a 'swan' or a 'crow'?" Translation: "Be honest, was this something that was *truly* outside of our control or could we have addressed this with a better design or better procedures?"

As a gentle (!) reminder of how I felt, I started buying crow & raven artwork to hang in my office, placed so that it would be visible over my shoulder when I was on a VC. Attached is a picture of me a local art fair, after picking up some of the art I had already arranged to buy. This is the artist:

In the picture, just for fun, I happened to be wearing my Tower of London t-shirt. If you're not familiar, legend has it that ravens are the symbolic guardians of the Tower of London.

We had crow stickers made, for our phones and laptops. With an electrical theme, of course. Picture attached.

I started using a "caw" sound for my phone notification tone. Yes, completely out of control.

As a bonus, also completely by chance, I later found out that crows and ravens are crazy smart birds. Which only made me love them more. Look it up, you might be amazed.

Here's an example. :)

</crazy>

Laugh at me if you want. Believe me, I understand, it's fully justified.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not buying the car because of the name. Getting a great sedan with a monster V8 and a manual is why I'm buying it. I want to get this while I still can, before the whole world goes automatic and/or electric.

But getting a "Blackwing" in "Black Raven" makes me smile just a little more, so that's what I did. :)
That was an awesome story...I wish I put that much thought into the decisions I make. My first car ('98 GTI) was black, and it looked awesome, but as a mildly OCD person I decided a few years in that no matter how good black looks when clean: nevermore.

Dark wings, dark words.

I though that DARK WORDS would be a cool vanity plate, but here in NJ you are allowed 7 characters with no space, so it would be DRKWRDS and it looks like you are trying to say DORKWARDS.

I decided that my vanity plate will be my wifes first name, NATSUMI.

And hopeful that when she sees her name it will subconsciously spark an affinity in her toward the Blackwing! Perhaps making that 100K pill a little easier to swallow. ;)

Currently at 3800. Car was built on January 25th. Jack Cooper has the car status as "on hold." Today, the dealer told me that the car is still marked under "Delayed" status. He said that this means some of the computer chips needed to run the car are missing.

Currently at 3800. Car was built on January 25th. Jack Cooper has the car status as "on hold." Today, the dealer told me that the car is still marked under "Delayed" status. He said that this means some of the computer chips needed to run the car are missing.
He should have also told you that monkeys can fly out of his ass at any moment. Both based on the same truth from my experience. Gotta love a car salesman. I was 3800 and "delayed" for a couple weeks then went to 4000 while taking delivery. More goat shit...

I decided that my vanity plate will be my wifes first name, NATSUMI.

And hopeful that when she sees her name it will subconsciously spark an affinity in her toward the Blackwing! Perhaps making that 100K pill a little easier to swallow. ;)
I put the deposit down without consulting with the wife first, so I'm still figuring out how to make her understand - the car is inevitable so might as well take the pill. I don't think the vanity plate will work here 😬

I put the deposit down without consulting with the wife first, so I'm still figuring out how to make her understand - the car is inevitable so might as well take the pill. I don't think the vanity plate will work here 😬
Sounds like this could get expensive! 🤣

He should have also told you that monkeys can fly out of his ass at any moment. Both based on the same truth from my experience. Gotta love a car salesman. I was 3800 and "delayed" for a couple weeks then went to 4000 while taking delivery. More goat shit...
So you never even got an estimated delivery date? The car just showed up? I hope mine will do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop