Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
I live 20 minutes from Sears Point, now called Sonoma Raceway. I don't follow NASCAR, but I believe it's only one of two road courses they use? Tons of track day opportunities over there (that is where my profile pic is from).
The road course proportion of the schedule has expanded in the last couple years. The 2023 schedules across the three national series include:

Charlotte Roval
Chicago temporary street course
COTA
Indianapolis' GP road course
Mid-Ohio
Portland
Road America
Sonoma
Watkins Glen (non-boot)

I got to drive at the Rusty Wallace NASCAR Experience at Dover's Monster Mile a few years ago. The cars are restricted to 150mph and they would not let us drive against the wall. Gave me a real appreciation on how you can't see too much from the drivers seat considering how close those guys drive next to each other.
I did the same at Kentucky a couple times. The biggest thing I took away from it is how different the sense of speed is from watching from pit road cars making runs versus being in-car driving.

Well I'm back from my work week out of town.

As can be expected I did not receive any phone call so I'm still waiting.

Maybe Santa will bring me the gift of a Blackwing in 3 weeks...

Well I'm back from my work week out of town.

As can be expected I did not receive any phone call so I'm still waiting.

Maybe Santa will bring me the gift of a Blackwing in 3 weeks...
My 4BW came in mid December so keep hope alive!

Heading out for V -Academy in Vegas on Sunday. Do they require helmets to be worn or any other safety equipment ?
Yes, they will provide you with a helmet and and a hybrid head and neck restraint. I’m a weirdo who brings my own. Also need close toed shoes.

Yes, they will provide you with a helmet and and a hybrid head and neck restraint. I’m a weirdo who brings my own. Also need close toed shoes.
Last time I was there I operated the pedals with my hands and used my feet to steer the vehicle.

Heading out for V -Academy in Vegas on Sunday. Do they require helmets to be worn or any other safety equipment ?
Be advised...if you have never worn the Hans helmet/neck restraint system, be prepared to adjust to it. I could never get comfortable with having my neck so restrained, and it actually made me quite dizzy going around the track. I'm sure it's not that much of a deal with most people, but it was for me.

Be advised...if you have never worn the Hans helmet/neck restraint system, be prepared to adjust to it. I could never get comfortable with having my neck so restrained, and it actually made me quite dizzy going around the track. I'm sure it's not that much of a deal with most people, but it was for me.
Sounds like I'll need a dramamine🤣

So my dealer got a 5BW delivered last night...

and it wasn't mine!

Apparently they still had a 2022 that was built in March that just showed up. So it took 8.5 months for the car to be delivered after it was built.

I really hope mine doesn't take another 6.5 more months to show up.

So my dealer got a 5BW delivered last night...

and it wasn't mine!

Apparently they still had a 2022 that was built in March that just showed up. So it took 8.5 months for the car to be delivered after it was built.

I really hope mine doesn't take another 6.5 more months to show up.
It won't. My 2023 was built in September and delivered end of October. I passed and took the same car in an unexpected 2022 unit that came available with the carbon backed seats, but was impressed with how the 2023 order moved.

Sounds like I'll need a dramamine🤣
It's actually a good idea to bring some along. A good alternative is meclizine (available OTC under brand name Bonine) as it can cause less drowsiness than Dramamine, though may not be effective. The Sea-Band wristbands can also be helpful.

I have a lot of trouble with motion sickness to due vestibular problems so unfortunately have lots of experience with treatments.

It won't. My 2023 was built in September and delivered end of October. I passed and took the same car in an unexpected 2022 unit that came available with the carbon backed seats, but was impressed with how the 2023 order moved.
Mine was built September 14th. I don't have it yet!

My wife says that I am ..."paralyzed from the neck up". I just got an email from my insurance company confirming that my wife increased my life insurance by a million dollars. If something happens to me, tell law enforcement to start with her !
My wife couldn't justify that. She thinks I'm worthless. 😏

Wait times are all over place. My 23' was built in august and is still sitting in Lansing at 3800 status. If it goes MP I'm going to reevaluate the purchase. This journey has already taken over a year and I need a bigger car to haul the wife and kid around in. I has hoping that car would have a 6MT and could also haul a$$ but we've outgrown my current ride and I need to replace it soon. I get the whole supply chain is mucked up right now but I never imagined it would be this difficult to get GM to take $100k from me.

That and the fact that nothing would make my wife happier right now than my throwing in the towel on this and buying an Airstream trailer and a large SUV/Truck as my daily that doubles as a tow vehicle on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop