Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Wait times are all over place. My 23' was built in august and is still sitting in Lansing at 3800 status. If it goes MP I'm going to reevaluate the purchase. This journey has already taken over a year and I need a bigger car to haul the wife and kid around in. I has hoping that car would have a 6MT and could also haul a$$ but we've outgrown my current ride and I need to replace it soon. I get the whole supply chain is mucked up right now but I never imagined it would be this difficult to get GM to take $100k from me.

That and the fact that nothing would make my wife happier right now than my throwing in the towel on this and buying an Airstream trailer and a large SUV/Truck as my daily that doubles as a tow vehicle on the weekend.
I totally get it!!!

Heading out for V -Academy in Vegas on Sunday. Do they require helmets to be worn or any other safety equipment ?
My car has the v academy included. The dealer told me I would receive an email with the details and other information. It's been three weeks and nothing. Did you get an email or get the details some other way?

Wait times are all over place. My 23' was built in august and is still sitting in Lansing at 3800 status. If it goes MP I'm going to reevaluate the purchase. This journey has already taken over a year and I need a bigger car to haul the wife and kid around in. I has hoping that car would have a 6MT and could also haul a$$ but we've outgrown my current ride and I need to replace it soon. I get the whole supply chain is mucked up right now but I never imagined it would be this difficult to get GM to take $100k from me.

That and the fact that nothing would make my wife happier right now than my throwing in the towel on this and buying an Airstream trailer and a large SUV/Truck as my daily that doubles as a tow vehicle on the weekend.
You told her? I did not say anything. She came home the day I picked it up and it was sitting in the garage. Her comment was why would I buy another that looks exactly like the 17 SS I sold last Aug. Obviously not a car person...

My car has the v academy included. The dealer told me I would receive an email with the details and other information. It's been three weeks and nothing. Did you get an email or get the details some other way?
Nada

Get the Airstream and pound some tail in it and life just got better!

Yes. YOU need to contact V-Academy for a dates available. They fill up quickly. Have your VIN # ready for them to confirm with GM that you are the owner/lessee of the car. You are good for one year after purchase. Call and at least get a date started. My plane from NY leaves in 3 hours. I'm not looking forward to the 6 hour flight. The longest I've ever flown is maybe 3-3.5 hours. I'll let the forum know how it went.

I have only 300 miles on my 5 Blackwing. It is the one for me, and I have never enjoyed driving so much. But if I could only keep it or my Sierra + trailer, the car would be gone. The car is for me, the trailer for my Family, and the memories we have made camping are priceless. And truth be told I am much more a truck guy for a daily driver. It is a jungle out there, I could never daily drive a car.

Attachments

• 20220826_140646.jpg
    20220826_140646.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 67
She arrived! Mich to MN
8442384B-AE74-4932-B8E6-AB575A20A37C.jpeg

Barely got her up the driveway with the snow and with her summer tires. But I have to say the fit and finish sure ain’t German. LOL. Look at front door alignment. I wonder if dealer can adjust it.
AFF6234E-126A-4FB8-84CC-103BF05D0B00.jpeg
Lastly, I took off the wrap on hood and under it is a big bird poop stain. Awesome. Need to do some detail work on this thing! For a car this expensive, it is pretty crazy the alignment of stuff. Even the hood compared to lights is not very flush. But guess I’m paying for performance.

Hindsight I should have let dealer detail before it was shipped enclosed.

She arrived! Mich to MN
View attachment 14919

Barely got her up the driveway with the snow and with her summer tires. But I have to say the fit and finish sure ain’t German. LOL. Look at front door alignment. I wonder if dealer can adjust it.
View attachment 14920
Lastly, I took off the wrap on hood and under it is a big bird poop stain. Awesome. Need to do some detail work on this thing! For a car this expensive, it is pretty crazy the alignment of stuff. Even the hood compared to lights is not very flush. But guess I’m paying for performance.

Sure panel gaps could be better but a nearly 670hp super sedan for this price will always mean something, eventually you get over it as soon as you start it and it doesn't matter anymore.

Not having the dealer detail a black car is a good call, even if there is some bird droppings for the duration of the transportation.

Have fun staring at it in the garage for the next few months.

She arrived! Mich to MN
View attachment 14919

View attachment 14920

First, congratulations!! My 5 also arrived via an enclosed trailer in the middle of a snow storm. I shoveled my drive between the trailer and garage so it could go straight in.

The door alignment is unacceptable. Your dealer should be able to adjust. I dealt with the same thing on my 4 - photo attached. When my 5 arrived to Sewell, I asked them to check all doors, trunk, and hood for proper alignment. I have been told 5s are commonly better than 4s, and in my case, the 5 I received is perfect in this regard. I knew I was not keeping my 4, so I never had it touched, but if I kept it I absolutely would have.

I am in favor of having the dealer pull all protective wrappings. If there is any problem underneath, they won't cover it unless they see it before they sell you the car. At least that is how it was with Sewell, and I have no issues with the policy.

Get that door adjusted and again, congratulations!
20220522_134705 - Copy.jpg

Compare sides and gaps. Make sure it is the front door and not the rear. My 5V right rear door needed adjustment for gap and alignment.

Congrats in getting it home. :)

Yes. YOU need to contact V-Academy for a dates available. They fill up quickly. Have your VIN # ready for them to confirm with GM that you are the owner/lessee of the car. You are good for one year after purchase. Call and at least get a date started. My plane from NY leaves in 3 hours. I'm not looking forward to the 6 hour flight. The longest I've ever flown is maybe 3-3.5 hours. I'll let the forum know how it went.
Thanks for the info. Can't wait to hear about your experience. Specifically, is it worth it. Have a great trip. Hope you don't have flight delays

She arrived! Mich to MN
View attachment 14919

View attachment 14920

Congrats on the car. I know it was a roundabout journey but it worked out. I'm sure you can get around the detail issues. I had some too but all is fine after a bit of polishing and elbow grease. Looks like it will be stored for a while. That will be tough not driving it for so long. Glad we don't get s ow here very often.

I have only 300 miles on my 5 Blackwing. It is the one for me, and I have never enjoyed driving so much. But if I could only keep it or my Sierra + trailer, the car would be gone. The car is for me, the trailer for my Family, and the memories we have made camping are priceless. And truth be told I am much more a truck guy for a daily driver. It is a jungle out there, I could never daily drive a car.
Had an Airstream 30 classic custom built with hard wood floors on 2000. I was single then. And.. it was a tail magnet. I had many memorable trips in that can. Daytona 2001 July race was amazing!

But seriously folks, especially my 4BW brethren around 046138 VIN, hang tough.

I do think my legwork made a difference getting on the truck. Be kind, be decent and use whatever resources you can with respect to autoport, accelerated services, jack cooper and your final shipping assignment.

If you are genuinely still missing a part I have no advice outside of sourcing it for GM (I think someone did that here re: HVAC cabin fan).

However, if you are GM shippable but yard hold there is some sort of nagging you can do.

I am still here with you my friends.

I have 60 miles on the car now and it has been wonderful each drive. Funny to see how cold 4Ss respond with just a blip of the pedal. I need to figure out garage code programing and get my seats right. Also, still getting used to snug fit of two cars in narrow garage and driveway. Have the car seat in the back now with respective seat protectors of course. Work and life for sure getting in the way of joy rides and day trips.

Looking forward to keeping up with everyone here.

I am praying to the old gods and the new for those waiting.

Stay cozy,

Zoomtopher Z Zoomsky, PhD
Wait! Stop the presses!! There is a miniature Zoomster running around? Heaven help is all. Hope you've enjoyed many more miles since this post. Don't forget about us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop