Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Track alignment for daily driving

Cadillac CT4-V model

savethemanual

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 V blackwing
So, I met a guy recently at a car meet who has a camaro SS 1LE and has the track alignment done on his car. And he's kept it like that- i.e. not just for the track but for permanent use.

I drove the car briefly and it seemed like turn in was better and more immediate than my ct4-v blackwing. Anyone done something like this for their daily and are there any pros/cons of doing this?

More negative camber will wear the inside of the front tires faster.

CT5 not 4, but I have mine permanently set up 1.7 in front and 1.5 in rear. It's equally non optimal for both street and track 🙃

But it's my daily so I don't want to run street alignment the few days a year that I'm on track, nor do I want to have the harsh(er) ride or tire destroying track alignment on my commute

More negative camber will wear the inside of the front tires faster.
Is that true in practice? I understand theoretically yes but at least over at camaro6 lots of folks are seeing more even wear with track alignment than street alignment.

Is that true in practice? I understand theoretically yes but at least over at camaro6 lots of folks are seeing more even wear with track alignment than street alignment.
It was true when I ran -2 ° all the time on my 4th gen Camaro. It was noticeable, but not a tire killer. I sure miss the way that car was planted on the road with 275s all the way around.. :) Tramlining was a real thing, though. ;)

I've got the track alignment on my car. It definitely feels more responsive on the street versus when I had the stock alignment on it. I much prefer the way it drives with the track alignment.

My daily commute is only a couple miles, back roads, so I'm perfectly fine keeping it on the track alignment all the time. The track will wear out the tires before street driving can even become a factor.

I am at -2.5 permanently on the 4BW, it's really not too bad with OEM ps4s as far of tramilining, I've lived with worst on BMWs at -3.0. With track tire (200tw) it's more noticeable, it would anoy me a bit if it was a daily.

As far as wear from my experience it goes like this
-1.0 to -1.6 No significant impact on wear that will make a difference

-2.0 to -2.5 Impact of wear that could lead to the inner part of your tires being the first part to wear out depending on your driving.

-2.5 to -3.0 significant wear of the inner part of the tire, will lead to your tires lasting a shorter amount of miles if only street driven, most track day enthusiasts who daily there cars are ready to make this compromise as more often then not they will kill the outer shoulder or complete tire before the inner wear does.

-3.0+ not fun on the street, will drastically reduce tire life when street driven, best performance on track.

I am thinking of doing just the recommended alignment from the manual-

Road Course (V-Series Blackwing).
Front: -2.4 deg camber, 0.1 deg total toe.
Rear: -1.8 deg camber, 0.1 deg total toe

How bad is the ride with these changes?
@PL69

I’ve driven nearly 1500 miles in the past week with that alignment on my 5BW. That’s a mix of old town streets with bricks and train tracks as well as a lot of high speed on I-81 and I-95. The car drives great!

i daily mine with track alignment...

the turn in is way crisper. it does want to wander a little on uneven roads i feel like but not bad.
also on throttle i feel like it rotates (not in sketchy way) the rear more and drives off corner better

I drive my 5 all the time in track alignment. The added wear to the insides on the street help balances the added wear to the outsides on track. I drove my car & my dads back to back on track & the alignment def makes a noticeable difference in handling. I’ve not felt any difference in ride.

I run -2.0 and -1.5 with .1 toe per axle. I've ran 15,000 miles on this setup and it doesn't affect tire life on the fronts.

I run -2.0 and -1.5 with .1 toe per axle. I've ran 15,000 miles on this setup and it doesn't affect tire life on the fronts.
This is what i am planning to do exactly. Are you still liking it? Any adjustments youve made or would recommend making?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back