Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V SUV+ manual ct4 bw vs auto CT5 bw

CT5-V Model

savethemanual

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 V blackwing
I have been mulling this over in my head over the last month and the chirping in my head is getting stronger.

I have a 23 ct 4 bw manual and love it. We also have a 21 RDX which very rarely gets used apart from ski trips(rare) and ikea runs. Seems wasteful to have a car for that novelty reasons and thinking of consolidating to an auto CT 5 blackwing as the only car.

I think price wise I can swing a ct 5 blackwing used for the same price as my ct4 v blackwing and the Rdx.

Thoughts?

but Save the Manual. . . . WTF

Sad Kisses GIF by Tate McRae

As much as every 4BW owner secretly wishes they had a 5BW instead, I really can't get behind this move. Your 4BW 6MT + SUV is really the perfect 2-car solution, no matter how often you drive the the SUV.

Why must the 5BW be automatic?
Wife insists main/big car be automatic so she can drive it if necessary.

As much as every 4BW owner secretly wishes they had a 5BW instead, I really can't get behind this move. Your 4BW 6MT + SUV is really the perfect 2-car solution, no matter how often you drive the the SUV.
Agreed. 4BW and Forester XT works great for me. Save the manual.

Why must the 5BW be automatic?
Why not an automatic?

My wife is 76 years old and still knows how to drive a standard shift. She hasn't driven our new 5BW yet.....it's in winter storage. She has driven our GT350 on numerous occasions. If you still enjoy your 4BW, I'd keep it and your SUV. To me it just doesn't make sense to trade and or sell both to invest all of it into just one vehicle. Just my 2 cents.
Two cents.gif

Wife insists main/big car be automatic so she can drive it if necessary.
Welcome to my world.

Still hoping to maybe switch to an m6 in 2025 (or later if somehow still in production)... but I'd say chance is 50:50 at best.

I know it's corny, but lucky to have someone tolerate me/put up with my crap for the past 20+ years. Plus she's hot and fun as hell to hang with.

P.S. @Slick Blackwings may be influencing me too (love the s)

Is your SUV AWD? I personally won't take my 5BW to Tahoe or anywhere skiing (not just b/c it's RWD but b/c it's too dang nice to get dirty like that!).

I have been mulling this over in my head over the last month and the chirping in my head is getting stronger.

I have a 23 ct 4 bw manual and love it. We also have a 21 RDX which very rarely gets used apart from ski trips(rare) and ikea runs. Seems wasteful to have a car for that novelty reasons and thinking of consolidating to an auto CT 5 blackwing as the only car.

I think price wise I can swing a ct 5 blackwing used for the same price as my ct4 v blackwing and the Rdx.

Thoughts?

My assumptions here are that she has her own primary vehicle and she is insisting your 5BW be an auto for the rare case she would need to drive it? You have mostly removed the financial part of the equation, so is it a case of can't drive a manual or won't drive a manual?

The unofficial captain of the M6 club driving an auto, blasphemy!! NO WAY would I compromise on the transmission choice in this scenario. Being a good, respectful spouse doesn't mean deleting all your individuality for the sake of their opinion. My wife and I have a hybrid compromise system where we include non-negotiables. In the end, we both give up a little bit, but not the most important things to us. Without that, the unintended consequence is nurturing resentment, unhappiness, and disrespect for the other.

If I was having this discussion, the 6M is happening, so we need to figure out a workaround. Every house needs a truck, so get a beater mid-size for Costco/Ikea/Home Depot/airport parking/concerts/etc. Take this as an opportunity to teach her how to drive a manual (on the 4BW that you're about to sell, not the new 5BW :LOL:), or there is always Uber/Lyft, your sister, neighbor Nancy across the street, a co-worker, etc.

can't drive a manual
The main scenario is we go on a long drive etc and you take the most luxurious car. If she can’t drive I’m basically stuck driving the car for the entire trip.

Also what typically will happen is we ll take her car in this scenario. And then the blackwing won’t see much use.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back