Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Front Seat Covers, Car Cover, PPF wrap for new CT5-V BW

K95Interesting demo about ppf and paint correction:

And another one:

I was an autobody shop paint and supply distributor for 36 years. The technique of wet sanding adjacent panels to blend color (for color match purposes) and then clearcoating the entire panel has been used for years on end. It stands for reason that PPF would cover up the wet sanding as demonstrated in the video. PPF is similar to an automotive clearcoat.......it's just removable and extremely flexible.

LOL, I did new car wash & prep back in the 70s. All we had was gasoline to clean up the sloppy assembly (it was a Ford dealer) and cotton towels for wiping it down. Actually, I never did delivery prep, that was reserved for the senior staff, so I'm not sure what he did to "polish" the car. Probably turtle wax, since that's pretty much all there was back then. That and "NuFinish".

Interesting how these threads vary between marque forums. In the BMW world, it's sacrilege to do PPF without first prepping the paint for thousands of dollars. In the Corvette C6 (older cars) forum, the majority believe that PPF is not necessary and is overpriced. Of course, full disclosure, most of those cars are garage queens.
When I was doing some research on other forums for this thread to try and answer the paint correction before ppf question, I ended up on a Ferrari forum with people claiming they were “originalists” and said any paint correction, waxing, etc, that didn’t come from the factory would ruin the value of the car. I just shook my head and laughed

I might start with ceramic coating since I'm only driving once or twice per week. In my area, Ceramic with a 5 year rating and "prep" is around $1400. By the way, I like the recommended satin car cover. I'll order the car cover ASAP. Does anyone have any recommendations for a front seat cover? I'm going to need something for the driver side - maybe a beach towel would be enough during the hot hot sweaty Florida summers.

I might start with ceramic coating since I'm only driving once or twice per week. In my area, Ceramic with a 5 year rating and "prep" is around $1400. By the way, I like the recommended satin car cover. I'll order the car cover ASAP. Does anyone have any recommendations for a front seat cover? I'm going to need something for the driver side - maybe a beach towel would be enough during the hot hot sweaty Florida summers.
Just an FYI: I've been told that ceramic coating has to be removed before applying PPF. Could be an expensive proposition if you should decide on PPF at a later date.
Dunno.gif

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners