Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

Attempt to recap for 5BW, all for 19" until it's known if 18"s will fit

Factory size
All Seasons
Cooper Zeon
Michelin PS4S (limited availability)

10mm downsized (both rear and front)
Winter
Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II
All Seasons
Toyo Proxes Sport A/S
I don't see the Michelin in the stock rear size. The front is listed as "new" and came out when that added a whole bunch of sizes earlier this year (including the stock V2 sizes). I don't see anything about more planning size announcements although hopefully they will make the rears for the 5BW.

I think it has been said we can't do a square setup with the front size because it is too tall for the rear. Can anyone confirm?

I don't see the Michelin in the stock rear size. The front is listed as "new" and came out when that added a whole bunch of sizes earlier this year (including the stock V2 sizes). I don't see anything about more planning size announcements although hopefully they will make the rears for the 5BW.

I think it has been said we can't do a square setup with the front size because it is too tall for the rear. Can anyone confirm?

Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 stated here
With followup comments indicating it may be necessary to talk to warehouses (costco?) directly.
The other tires listed are all in stock and available

I did get the sottozeros installed on my 5. 265/35 front, 295/30 rear. I talked with a person with tirerack who ultimately indicated its the best of the bad options, and the mixed Porsche/Mercedes specs, while not ideal, should be fine as it's not AWD. There was an additional follow-up confirmation from tirerack before shipping as well. Tirerack did an awesome job overall.
20211124_001301.jpg

i had nokian Hakkapeliita on my CTS-V 2013 for many years. they were quite good in the dry and really great in snow. i cant imagine a better tire. for the CT5, they make them in a 275/35-19 - which is the standard front size. i plan to use these on all 4 corners, so I can rotate year to year. there are a few people who still have those in stock. they are just as expensive as the fancy michelin and pirellis, and much more expensive the Blizzaks. But take my word, that I cant imagine a better snow tire (most of the time, there is NO snow on most roads, so need a good performing cold weather dry road tire, that can also be great when there is snow)
as an example, we had a huge famous blizzard a few years back in New York that completely paralyzed the region. I drove home on unplowed roads, driving around all those small SUVs with all season tires that were stuck on the side of the road.

Having said that, i always looked forward to that day in march when i put the summer tires back on, because i always felt guilty driving hard on snow tires. even though those Nokians performed great, i could only imagine the dry asphalt slowly ripping them up. on the other hand, i used them for 8 winters, probably for 20,000 miles, and they were maybe half worn by the end. i actually have those wheels and tires for sale in the classified section (two of them are brand new, as I got a nail in one of the tires midway through last winter). they are 18", and I wonder if they would fit CVT4? i bet they would, but cant make any promises

Any CT4 blackwing near new york city, you are welcome to come to my house and try out my 18" DR37 wheels and nokian snow tires - to check for fitment. i am selling them at a great price, and 2 of the tires are brand new. i think they are 255/45-18. they fit CTS-V from 2009-2014 perfectly.

i had nokian Hakkapeliita on my CTS-V 2013 for many years. they were quite good in the dry and really great in snow. i cant imagine a better tire. for the CT5, they make them in a 275/35-19 - which is the standard front size. i plan to use these on all 4 corners, so I can rotate year to year.

Won't a 275 be too stretched on the 11" rears?

Delete if not allowed here. I have a set of those SottoZero's in a 265/35R19 and 295/30R19 that should fit on a 5 BW. located in the metro Detroit area if anyone's interested.

i plan to use 275 width tires on all 4 corners on 4 wheels that are all 9.5" in width. i agree that 275 tires would probably not be OK on 11" wide wheels

I'm biting the bullet - ordering 1 Apex wheel 18X9 ET30 to check fitment. I assume there should be no issues in the rear (it will poke 11mm more than stock) , and hopefully it will clear the 4BW calipers.

i received my nokian tires - i expected them to be made in Finland, like my previous set, but these are made in russia. i had no idea any tires were made in russia, and i have some concerns, but my previous nokian set were absolutely fantastic, so hopefully these will be great in dry and wet, once i find wheels to mount them on. they certainly were expensive

Well people, I hit 1k miles and got my first flat on the rear tire. I picked up a 5/8 drill bit. 😭 it took 3 plugs to at least get it home so I had to order a new one $ 400. For tpc. but they wont have it until Dec 1. I won't drive with 3 plugs and only drive to get it replaced.

Good news!! I found relatively inexpensive wheels that fit CT5 BW!!! they are 19 x 9.5. the hub diameter is big, so could use a hub spacer ring to make perfect. i plan to use the same wheel on all 4 corners, with 275/35 snow tires. more info to come regarding model number, offset, etc. but very exciting!!! i also think they look nicer than factory wheels, but a lot simpler. yes, they are made in china, but i'm not even sure where to find made in USA wheels at this point...

I’ll post some pics tonight or tomorrow with full details. Unfortunately sometimes I have to work to provide the means for what’s really important (snow wheels and tires). Sorry for the delay!

to sum up, stock CT5 BW wheels are 19x10 (20mm offset) in front, and 19x11 (50m offset) in rear. i think the center hub measures about 66mm. i could be off on any of these -
here is the DR-80 wheel that is 19x9.5 the center hub is much larger than stock. centering ring optional but suggested. the bolt pattern is 5x120. technically GM uses 5x120.65mm. Audi and others use 5x120

also the GM part number for the tire pressure sensor is 13538760 according to several sources.
DSC00530.JPG

SURPRISE!! When you buy 4 new GM tire pressure sensors, they do not come with the nut that holds them in place!! That nut is part 13581557
Plus also stock lug nuts are too large to fit these wheels, so have to be smaller diameter ones.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back