Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

Any reason these wouldnt work on a CT4-V Blackwing? I need to get something so that I can drive it in Germany during the winter months and I havent been able to find a dedicated winter tire yet so all season it will be. Found out my warranty will follow since on military orders.
Tires.JPG

Any reason these wouldnt work on a CT4-V Blackwing? I need to get something so that I can drive it in Germany during the winter months and I havent been able to find a dedicated winter tire yet so all season it will be. Found out my warranty will follow since on military orders.View attachment 5039
If you're not planning on carrying around a lot of passengers/cargo, they should be fine. The main issue is the lower load rating for the rear tires, hence the non XL designation.

If you're not planning on carrying around a lot of passengers/cargo, they should be fine. The main issue is the lower load rating for the rear tires, hence the non XL designation.
Perfect, yeah I keep it pretty empty. At worst for a little bit IT will be my wife, me and the baby. Until we pick up a second car that is.

Any reason these wouldnt work on a CT4-V Blackwing? I need to get something so that I can drive it in Germany during the winter months and I havent been able to find a dedicated winter tire yet so all season it will be. Found out my warranty will follow since on military orders.View attachment 5039
Most parts of Germany and Switzerland by federal law require winter tires. Most people follow the “von O bis O.” October to Easter. Not sure that all season tires will meet the requirement i.e tread depth and have the following symbol.

o-bis-0-Winterreifen-Snow-Icon.png

Where I lived in Switzerland on the boarder of France and Germany we got very little snow and I still had to swap out my tires yearly.

Most parts of Germany and Switzerland by federal law require winter tires. Most people follow the “von O bis O.” October to Easter. Not sure that all season tires will meet the requirement i.e tread depth and have the following symbol.

View attachment 5041

Where I lived in Switzerland on the boarder of France and Germany we got very little snow and I still had to swap out my tires yearly.
Yeah as long as the all seasons have a winter symbol it's good. I'll just have to check. Last time I was there I had all seasons on my SUV. My M2 had dedicated winter/summer

Yeah as long as the all seasons have a winter symbol it's good. I'll just have to check. Last time I was there I had all seasons on my SUV. My M2 had dedicated winter/summer
Jealous you will get to drive it on the Autobahn!😁

I have two sets of wheels from my 2018 F80 M3 and my 2016 E63s, does anyone here know about adaptors and/or trust them? I had to have to sell wheels and then buy new ones.

I have two sets of wheels from my 2018 F80 M3 and my 2016 E63s, does anyone here know about adaptors and/or trust them? I had to have to sell wheels and then buy new ones.
wait! what is our bolt pattern? for the ct4v blackwing. i think my M3 wheels are 5x120...

Very loosely related question (I think): Any recommended aftermarket spare tire kits? Donut spare with jack, etc. Something like this:

On past cars, if I'm going for a drive in the mountains I'd rather toss this in the trunk than rely on the inflator kit. I don't have the Blackwing yet, but this thread made me think of the question.

Very loosely related question (I think): Any recommended aftermarket spare tire kits? Donut spare with jack, etc. Something like this:

On past cars, if I'm going for a drive in the mountains I'd rather toss this in the trunk than rely on the inflator kit. I don't have the Blackwing yet, but this thread made me think of the question.
I purchased one of these for my sons Camaro...Nice kit..

Anyone had any luck with aftermarket wheels and snows yet? Can't find anything on Tire Rack or elsewhere, and Cadillac isn't even showing the OE wheels as available for purchase on their site. Getting a little nervous as we creep into October...

Following, as I am curious about winter/all-season tires as well. Our temps often dip below freezing for a month or two here in Vegas where I am at.

Trying to revive this thread. Has anyone found an all-season that will fit the stock wheels on the 5BW?

Winter is coming and I can't find a tire. I've given up hope of finding a set of winter wheels so I just need some all-season tires that will get me through the winter when I want to drive on colder but dry days (won't drive it in the snow so I don't need snow tires). I don't think the PS4 will be good when it is sub-zero temps.

The only all season tires for the 5 BW that I've found. The sizes are correct but have no idea how the ride would be.
The price is a lot cheaper than I thought.

Cooper Zeon RS3-G1
Compare
(132)

|Reviews (126)

Tire Rack Tested

COOPER
ZEON RS3-G1
Ultra High Performance All-Season
  • Front: 275/35R19 100W XL
  • Style: Blackwall
  • Load Range: XLMax. Load= 1,764 lbs
    Max psi= 50 psi
  • Availability: 7 In Stock, Special Order Available

• Can be delivered Mon, 10/11 to
  • Free Shipping
  • Rear: 305/30R19 102W XL
  • Style: Blackwall
  • Load Range: XLMax. Load= 1,874 lbs
    Max psi= 50 psi
  • Availability: 10 In Stock, Additional Due 10/08/21

• Can be delivered Wed, 10/13 to
  • Free Shipping

Set of 4: $1,001.96

Free Road Hazard Protection
($97.04 value. Two-year coverage.)

I'm still really curious to know if the BBS's I have from my SS will fit. I'll throw it out there again for anyone in the Chicagoland interested to test fit, I have a set with a jack at the ready.

For the 4BW people, you can get Nokian R3 in 255/35-265/35 combo if you want a run a good H rated winter instead of a performance winter. I'm trying to decide myself. If this was AWD I'd have no issues with a performance winter. But I'm not so sure about that with RWD in mid Michigan.

Just took a peek at the configurator at Costco and they show Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 and BFGoodrich g Force Comp-2 A/S for all seasons and Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 for winter tires for the stock CT5-V BW sizes. I've used the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 on our M3 through cold/rainy winters in the Northwest and they've been great - BUT I don't use them in snow since it's very hilly here. If I were shopping for an all season I'd go with the Pilot Sport AS4.

I also ran the non-TPC PS4S tires on the V3 for most of the past 4 years and they did GREAT in rain and colder weather down into the mid-30s before grip started to decline (they held on longer than specs say.) They did so well I never bought all season tires for the V3. Based on limited exposure so far, I think these new TPC PS4S tires lose traction sooner (higher temp) than the standard PS4S tires so I might have to buy something else or park the Blackwing awhile this winter.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back