Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

Just took a peek at the configurator at Costco and they show Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 and BFGoodrich g Force Comp-2 A/S for all seasons and Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 for winter tires for the stock CT5-V BW sizes. I've used the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 on our M3 through cold/rainy winters in the Northwest and they've been great - BUT I don't use them in snow since it's very hilly here. If I were shopping for an all season I'd go with the Pilot Sport AS4.

I also ran the non-TPC PS4S tires on the V3 for most of the past 4 years and they did GREAT in rain and colder weather down into the mid-30s before grip started to decline (they held on longer than specs say.) They did so well I never bought all season tires for the V3. Based on limited exposure so far, I think these new TPC PS4S tires lose traction sooner (higher temp) than the standard PS4S tires so I might have to buy something else or park the Blackwing awhile this winter.

I don't see the matching rear size in the AS4. It's odd that the rears are actually slightly shorter than the fronts (26.3" vs 26.6") but I wonder if you could run a square 275/35-19 setup?

I don't see the matching rear size in the AS4. It's odd that the rears are actually slightly shorter than the fronts (26.3" vs 26.6") but I wonder if you could run a square 275/35-19 setup?
May have to keep trying as they restock or drop by the warehouse to order in person.

So whats the problem with the sotto zeros, they come in 265/35-19 and 275/35-19 front? Also 295/35-19 for rears. I would go 265 front 295 rear on CT5. CT4 first page of thread has tires that work. This they are not same compound front to rear is philosophical discussions if you ask me, how much different are they and so what, its snow.

What am I missing? Load ratings? Your not gona do 205mph in winter at GVW nor hit the track. Stay safe in winter, preferably double digits only and all is well.

So whats the problem with the sotto zeros, they come in 265/35-19 and 275/35-19 front? Also 295/35-19 for rears. I would go 265 front 295 rear on CT5. CT4 first page of thread has tires that work. This they are not same compound front to rear is philosophical discussions if you ask me, how much different are they and so what, its snow.

What am I missing? Load ratings? Your not gona do 205mph in winter at GVW nor hit the track. Stay safe in winter, preferably double digits only and all is well.
Honestly I missed that suggestion back in the beginning but looking at the specs on tire rack those rears are a good inch taller than the stock sizes. Are the taller rears and shorter than stock fronts going to cause any issues with the electronics?

so 295/35-19 won't screw up the computer compared to a 305/30-19?

May have to keep trying as they restock or drop by the warehouse to order in person.
Even looking at the Michelin site I don't see the CT5-V Blackwing sizes in that tire.

Last edited:
so 295/35-19 won't screw up the computer compared to a 305/30-19
Front to rear od is important hence go 265/35 front and 295/35 rear. Similar reduction front as rear. Winter tire thread tends to be larger so if you go same size as stock 4s you will wear/touch on some spots of wheel liner possibly so again I would recommend one size down in width unless all the OD information is available to you.

Front to rear od is important hence go 265/35 front and 295/35 rear. Similar reduction front as rear. Winter tire thread tends to be larger so if you go same size as stock 4s you will wear/touch on some spots of wheel liner possibly so again I would recommend one size down in width unless all the OD information is available to you.
Got it, thank you. It gets into the 30s here and we get snow at my altitude so I'd rather not leave the car out where it can sit in colder weather on those nice summer tires. Even a pair of good all-seasons I'd be happy with.

Even looking at the Michelin site I don't see the CT5-V Blackwing sizes in that tire.
Looking at the Costco site right now,I only see front all season/winter options. The rears will probably show up again at some point or your can go to the warehouse during the week (during work hours) and the folks at the tire center will call the distributor/ manufacturer directly for availability to make an order.

Honestly I missed that suggestion back in the beginning but looking at the specs on tire rack those rears are a good inch taller than the stock sizes. Are the taller rears and shorter than stock fronts going to cause any issues with the electronics?
Can you elaborate sorry dont have tire rack handy but a 295/35 is an inch taller than a 305/35?

Can you elaborate sorry dont have tire rack handy but a 295/35 is an inch taller than a 305/35?
tire comp.png

tire comp2.png

I don't understand the vehicle systems enough to know how this would affect things, but here are the stats.

My apologies I typed 305/35. Yes that makes sense so look at the 295/30-19 sotto zero tires they are $370 on tire rack. 26.1" OD vs 26.3"stock.

I've been running Conti DWS 06 on my SS for the last few years. It's no snow tire but I've been super happy with wet and cold weather traction. Unless something solid comes of this thread, I plan to put them on the Blackwing too.

There's a 265 width as well, but it would be nice to run 275/35 square.

Last edited:
I've been running Conti DWS 06 on my SS for the last few years. It's no snow tire but I've been super happy with wet and cold weather traction. Unless something solid comes of this thread, I plan to put them on the Blackwing too.

There's a 265 width as well, but it would be nice to run 275/35 square.
I’ve been happy with those on my SS too. But I can’t find a setup that will work on the BW. I don’t need a true snow tire so these would be a good tire for me.

I have a set of 18 inch DR 37 inexpensive wheels that fit the second generation V. I’m curious to bolt them onto my 5 black wing if I ever get it. I bet it will fit the rear just fine although the front will probably be very tight. It sure would be nice to use an 18 inch winter tire on the car if possible

I saw on cadillac accessories they have 19 inch wheels for the 4. No wheels for the 5 yet.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners