Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

At what point should we be purchasing these tires? I'm having no problem driving in this weather but I'm afraid by the time weather gets cold it will be harder to find these tires.

At what point should we be purchasing these tires?
The usual advice is to switch when it's consistently below/above 45F at the time you're driving.

If you're in a situation where you *have* to drive the car in CT I would suggest switching around early Nov and mid-late April. Of course you can play it by ear based on how the season is going, and you can push those by several weeks on either end if you have something else to drive for the random cold snaps.

Was thinking of going to a square setup for the Winter in Germany since my driving will def be less spirited (So much Snow). Do yall think a 255/35R18 will fit fine on the rear? I did it with my BMW M235 but to be honest I am not super versed in tires. I went on discount tires and got this info but was hoping yall could help me parse it out. I am pretty sure the rear wheels are .5" wider than the fronts.
Tires.JPG

Sure, you can do it and a 255/35/18 can fit on a 9.5" wheel. Nokian makes the R3 in 255/35 and 265/35. So you can get a top tier real winter tire in a square setup or slightly down sized rear.

Last edited:
Sure, you can do it and a 255/35/18 can fit on a 9.5" wheel. Nokian makes the R3 in 255/35 and 265/35. So you can get a top tier real winter tire in a square setup or slightly down sized rear.
True I could always do slightly downsized also. Good call

Was thinking of going to a square setup for the Winter in Germany since my driving will def be less spirited (So much Snow). Do yall think a 255/35R18 will fit fine on the rear? I did it with my BMW M235 but to be honest I am not super versed in tires. I went on discount tires and got this info but was hoping yall could help me parse it out. I am pretty sure the rear wheels are .5" wider than the fronts.View attachment 5360
Speedometer will be a little off but it should be ok. At 65 you'll actually be going 63.6 MPH.

Any idea where I can get those in stock lol? I see they are SUV tires but I bet they are amazing on a passenger car.

Any idea where I can get those in stock lol? I see they are SUV tires but I bet they are amazing on a passenger car.

In the US, I would call Discount Tire and check as they are the largest tire seller for that brand IIRC.

For the 4BW guys, looks like Michelin is going to making the new X-ice Snow in 255/35/18. It's suppose to be available in the next couple of weeks.

For the 4BW guys, looks like Michelin is going to making the new X-ice Snow in 255/35/18. It's suppose to be available in the next couple of weeks.
shoot, already bought Pilot Alpin PA4's, 255 front and 265 rear respectively, which will be better performance I wonder.

I suspect the X-ice would be better in the deeper stuff but the PA4 will be a better performance tire for most of the winter when it's just cold but not really that sloppy.

I run them all winter on my Focus RS and they're a little squishy compared to PS4S but I stop noticing after the first couple of drives. A guy in my parking deck runs PA4 on his GT3. I think you'll be pleased.

Found them. Tire rack has a few left. They will not get more this season. Got myself (4BW) 255/35/18 & 265/35/18
Exactly where I got them, I actually initially ordered 2 265's from two different online stores since each only had 1 listed in stock, but only 1 shipped (the other was out of stock), so I was stuck with 3 tires. Luckily I called tire rack and they told me the 265's would be coming in soon, and put a pre order in for me, and it shipped yesterday. They were actually very helpful.

i am still waiting to get my CT5 blackwing (apparently it is sitting in michigan somewhere for the past few weeks0. But i am determined to get winter tires/wheels before too late. I am pretty sure an 18" wheel wont clear in the front. if i go to a 19" wheel, the tires i want in 275/35-19 are no longer available this season. So the next size down is 255/40-19. (I ran these in 18" on my 2013 CTS-V and they were great).
questions - anyone who currently has a CT5 blackwing:
1. how much clearance beyond the brake caliper inside stock wheels (I have a set of 18" wheels from my 2013 that would be great to use if they fit)
2. a 255/40 19 is a 1/2" taller than the stock 275/35-19 tire in front. how is there enough clearance at the front fender to use a slightly taller tire there?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back