Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Window Tinters Messed Up

slowdiver

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
23 CT4 V Blackwing IMSA Sebring
Hello, I am new to the Blackwing family as I got my BW a week ago. It is a 23 CT4 Sebring Track Edition, it is SWEET. Today I took it to get the windows tinted and explicitly told them not to, but they scraped off the Sebring track decal off the back windows. They said that they would pay to get it fixed but I am having trouble finding a part number for the decals. Amazon has a knock off one that goes on the outside but I don't want that.... Dealership can only find a part number for the Watkins Glen edition.

Am I hosed, or can anyone help me out?

Attachments

• Blackwing.jpg
    Blackwing.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 75
If it was an OEM piece, you should have no problem ordering a new one. ETA might not be appetizing however. My question though, aren't the stickers applied to the outside of the window? Tint goes on the inside.

Welcome to the forums and sweet ride bro.

I totally feel you on this one -- if it really is eating you alive inside and you can't unsee it when you are looking at it -- May I recommend printing the window sticker out on a Cricket machine in the meantime while the real one is on the way from Caddy? You'll know that the sticker isn't OEM, but nobody else will. Tons of people on Etsy market custom prints of all varieties. Maybe one of the other Sebring Track edition owners would be so gracious as to provide some sticker sizing and placement measurements (maybe a local dealer has one hanging out too). Best of luck and enjoy your car

If it was an OEM piece, you should have no problem ordering a new one. ETA might not be appetizing however. My question though, aren't the stickers applied to the outside of the window? Tint goes on the inside.
I actually thought it was a chemical etching on the glass itself, but no it was a decal on the inside of the window.

If that's the case I'd just find the image online and hit up my kids to use their label maker. Let me know if you want help.

It’s a decal. Sorry for your issue. The 55% tint my installer put on my Road America actually enhanced the way the decal looks. They pointed out how happy they were with how it turned out. Get a new OEM decal and have the shop reinstall tint over it

It’s a decal. Sorry for your issue. The 55% tint my installer put on my Road America actually enhanced the way the decal looks. They pointed out how happy they were with how it turned out. Get a new OEM decal and have the shop reinstall tint over it
I’d love to, they said they would. Can’t find a part number. The dealership guy was zero help.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back