Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

raptor5244

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - 46-381
I had a feeling the Blackwings would be dropping in price, but I didn't expect this kind of drop. A Watkins Glen Track Edition for $13k off. $16k off on a leftover 2022. They are all automatics so I am not interested but I could only imagine what they would offer me for my 4BW on trade. Great deals if these are legit.

Link to site if you are in the market.

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 8.51.29 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 8.41.14 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 9.24.56 PM.png

Last edited:
I'm not surprised, the 4s will always be less sought after vs the 5s and the track editions exasperate this because its just a very expensive sticker package.

Throw in automatics vs manuals and well, you have some nice discounts.

I'm not surprised, the 4s will always be less sought after vs the 5s and the track editions exasperate this because its just a very expensive sticker package.

Throw in automatics vs manuals and well, you have some nice discounts.
Agreed. I was getting concerned when I saw the 4BW inventory piling up at all the dealers. High interest rates plus 2024s on the horizon. I don't see many manuals available though, maybe 2 out of 50 4BWs around town.

Stupid dealer ordered automatic 4BWs thinking they'd sell to their regular customers. I told my salesman that if the 3 sitting automatics were manuals, they would have sold long, long ago. Hell, I would have bought one. But they for some reason, insist in ordering autos thinking that their regular customer base would buy one. Since there are a lot less manual BWs in the wild, their value will only rise. Not as in KBB or Edmunds or trade-in value, but in the resell and 2nd had market like BaT and Cars & Bids. If one day, you want to get rid of your BW, it'd be better to sell it privately or put in up for auction. Otherwise, it'd just be lumped up with the depreciating automatic BWs by the car dealer network. And even then, I wouldn't even consider selling a BW until a year or two AFTER production has ended. People don't appreciate something until it's gone. The 4BW will appreciate in value. Not as quick as a 5BW, but it'll get there at some point.

I don’t think the DD BWs will appreciate. One would need to keep it in a tent for 10 years for something like that to happen. I bought mine to drive it anytime and everywhere I desire. Not at all concerned about how much it will be worth at some future date.

Stupid dealer ordered automatic 4BWs thinking they'd sell to their regular customers. I told my salesman that if the 3 sitting automatics were manuals, they would have sold long, long ago. Hell, I would have bought one. But they for some reason, insist in ordering autos thinking that their regular customer base would buy one. Since there are a lot less manual BWs in the wild, their value will only rise. Not as in KBB or Edmunds or trade-in value, but in the resell and 2nd had market like BaT and Cars & Bids. If one day, you want to get rid of your BW, it'd be better to sell it privately or put in up for auction. Otherwise, it'd just be lumped up with the depreciating automatic BWs by the car dealer network. And even then, I wouldn't even consider selling a BW until a year or two AFTER production has ended. People don't appreciate something until it's gone. The 4BW will appreciate in value. Not as quick as a 5BW, but it'll get there at some point.
Yeah, whenever I see a manual hit the lot it is gone in couple weeks. The A10s pile up. I realize the A10 is nice but I am not sure there are a lot of buyers itching for the 4BW A10 trim. I would think they would be happy in a CT4 or CT4V for less money.

The car market is changing again as previously mentioned due to high interest rates, plus job losses with uncertainty creeping back up on spending $$ on high ticket items including supply is also catching back up. I’ve had my share of manuals and as I have gotten older along with other personal reasons, I’m ecstatic that I could get an A10 5BW, which works in my situation. I get it’s not for everyone.

On this forum I also realize that A10’s seem to be considered the minority 😁, and I’m fine with owning the faster car with the fastest color, Rift 🫣. If the auto tranny would have been the crappy A8, I would have looked elsewhere due to my situation of wanting an auto.

My 5BW is not my DD as my 2022 GMC 1500 AT4 is and I love its 6.2L A10 setup. My 5BW is my fun car (not an investment) that is a great pick-me-upper when I’m having a bad day and need a smile. I have just over 1,000 miles after 7 months.
Com’on, who doesn’t love the sound of an LT4 starting in the morning… day or night!

With all of the focus on electric cars trying to emerge, I’m grateful to have Cadillac step up these recent years and offer the beast I purchased! I love that I still could purchase two 6.2L’s in 2022 that I enjoy driving both of them. #ICE ICE BABY😂✌️🍻

The car market is changing again as previously mentioned due to high interest rates, plus job losses with uncertainty creeping back up on spending $$ on high ticket items including supply is also catching back up. I’ve had my share of manuals and as I have gotten older along with other personal reasons, I’m ecstatic that I could get an A10 5BW, which works in my situation. I get it’s not for everyone.

On this forum I also realize that A10’s seem to be considered the minority 😁, and I’m fine with owning the faster car with the fastest color, Rift 🫣. If the auto tranny would have been the crappy A8, I would have looked elsewhere due to my situation of wanting an auto.

My 5BW is not my DD as my 2022 GMC 1500 AT4 is and I love its 6.2L A10 setup. My 5BW is my fun car (not an investment) that is a great pick-me-upper when I’m having a bad day and need a smile. I have just over 1,000 miles after 7 months.
Com’on, who doesn’t love the sound of an LT4 starting in the morning… day or night!

With all of the focus on electric cars trying to emerge, I’m grateful to have Cadillac step up these recent years and offer the beast I purchased! I love that I still could purchase two 6.2L’s in 2022 that I enjoy driving both of them. #ICE ICE BABY😂✌️🍻
I have lots of love for the A10. I owned a ZL1 with an A10 before trading it for the 4BW. The A10 delivers and extracts the most from the LT4 since it shifts so quick, always keeping you in boost.

We were recently notified that we should continue to see an influx of the CT4 BW for some time. I don't know why they're pushing out so many, but they should not be hard to come by. That plus interest rates and rising costs of everything should lead to some good deals out there. Just not on the 5BW or any manuals IMO.

We're in similar spots. My 2022 5 Rift is a manual, and my Sierra is a 2020, but like you the Blackwing is a smile machine and the Sierra is a DD. I think 5s are holding value just fine, at least in my area. Definitely not why I bought it, but still very nice to know.

The automatics are without a doubt the quickest cars.

The automatics are without question the more advanced optioned cars with auo brake assist, adaptive cruise control ect...

Those two elements might suggest it is the most desirable from a functional perspective but these are niche enthusiasts vehicles and as such the manuals are by far more fun, and thus desirable.

The dealers are over specing most of them.

Manual cars typically don't do well on trade in value. So from a resale perspective it's going to be tough with these much higher interest rates.

A manual low to medium mileage car will still hold decent value in 5+ years. That’s my timeline for when I ll consider replacing it.

I respect the A10 cars, both for the practicality and reported function. But in my case it just came down to the enjoyment of a manual transmission. I've driven manuals in my past, and have had manual transmission for my daily drivers since 2002. But frankly, the manual is what really brought me to the Cadillac. If it was auto, I really think I would have gone Audi RS3 or S3. I had an Audi RS3 on order but it was just as bad getting those as the BW. When I found mine in inventory, I cancelled the RS3 order. Otherwise I was going to wait it out and buy the first one to fill my order.

Last edited:
The automatics are without a doubt the quickest cars.

The automatics are without question the more advanced optioned cars with auo brake assist, adaptive cruise control ect...

Those two elements might suggest it is the most desirable from a functional perspective but these are niche enthusiasts vehicles and as such the manuals are by far more fun, and thus desirable.

The dealers are over specing most of them.

Manual cars typically don't do well on trade in value. So from a resale perspective it's going to be tough with these much higher interest rates.
Agreed. I tend to keep my cars about 2-3 years so I always at least try to be careful what spec I buy to help minimize the depreciation hit as much as possible. The only time that seems to happens though is with Toyota Tacomas and Corvettes. :)

My 4BW is pretty much a base car with M6, only options are red calipers and red seat belts. MSRP was $61,500. I don't plan to sell this one anytime soon since there is nothing really out there with a decent manual transmission but I am hoping there is a used price floor for these cars at some point and they are not worth $35k-$40k in 2 years.

I respect the A10 cars, both for the practicality and reported function. But in my case it just came down to the enjoyment of a manual transmission. I've driven manuals in my past, and have had manual transmission for my daily drivers since 2002. But frankly, the manual is what really brought my to the Cadillac. If it was auto, I really think I would have gone Audi RS3 or S3. I had an Audi RS3 on order but it was just as bad getting those as the BW. When I found mine in inventory, I cancelled the RS3 order. Otherwise I was going to wait it out and buy the first one to fill my order.
Same here, this is my first Cadillac, only because of the 4BW and M6 combo. Otherwise, I would have looked at an Audi/BMW or kept my ZL1 with the A10. I could have ordered another Camaro SS 1LE with M6 but I already owned one of them and wanted to try something different. The 4BW strikes a great balance of luxury, practicality and fun to drive.

If I get tired of the manual at some point, I will just order a C8 Stingray. However, all the folks I know that love manuals and bought a C8 say they are kind of boring to drive once the honeymoon wears off. They asll say they miss the engagement of being able to row their own gears.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back