Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

And this is (still) why I hate these dealers. Go to their website and look at their inventory. It's all listed at MRSP. If I want to buy that Silver 5, how do I get $6500 off? I bet if I called out of the blue, it would be list. I keep kicking around buying a 4, but I just don't want to play these games.

And this is (still) why I hate these dealers. Go to their website and look at their inventory. It's all listed at MRSP. If I want to buy that Silver 5, how do I get $6500 off? I bet if I called out of the blue, it would be list. I keep kicking around buying a 4, but I just don't want to play these games.
You have to remember dealers have their cars listed across multiple websites / applications. It's not easy to keep everything in sync. This is quite normal across the industry.
I would bet money(well, small amounts) that all of them are automatics.
How dare you say anything bad about automatics ;LOL

You have to remember dealers have their cars listed across multiple websites / applications. It's not easy to keep everything in sync. This is quite normal across the industry.
I would assume their dealer webpage / listing to be their master which feeds into other applications and some dealers limit these communications to their past or present customers. But anyways, thanks for sharing the updates.

View attachment 21936
View attachment 21937
View attachment 21938
View attachment 21939
***Must take delivery before or on 9/30/2023***​

Received an updated email today from Heritage Cadillac in Lombard IL. They've increased their discounts on each of the Blackwings I posted before.
Thanks for sharing. There are over 550+ 4vBW & 5vBW’s available for sale according to CarGurus. I reduced the amount as by about 8% as I’m sure those could be sold cars… maybe there’s more 🤷🏻‍♂️; but with ridiculously high interest rates, fewer buyers are interested unless paying cash. Cash potential buyers know better things out there to invest in… the smart ones know. Plus you could probably add those cars on special order not yet listed.
I know 3 people interested, but interest rates are stopping them. No surprise dealers will finally start to discount to prevent paying taxes, etc. My 22 5vBW was the first one I have ever paid MSRP, cause I wanted to as I have a different DD. Otherwise, let’s be real, these cars are / were overpriced at MSRP and MSRP +.
I would bet money(well, small amounts) that all of them are automatics.
Yep, probably so. Funny though, about 27% of the 550+ I mentioned above are manuals… so I wonder why are those not being sold…after all they are the “sacred” manual trans. 😉

High interest rates and MSRP are preventing me from buying my wife a new car to replace her 2013 Explorer, which has only 25k miles, so she will wait as I’m saving my cash for better investments. 🍻🍻

Thanks for sharing. There are over 550+ 4vBW & 5vBW’s available for sale according to CarGurus. I reduced the amount as by about 8% as I’m sure those could be sold cars… maybe there’s more 🤷🏻‍♂️; but with ridiculously high interest rates, fewer buyers are interested unless paying cash. Cash potential buyers know better things out there to invest in… the smart ones know. Plus you could probably add those cars on special order not yet listed.
I know 3 people interested, but interest rates are stopping them. No surprise dealers will finally start to discount to prevent paying taxes, etc. My 22 5vBW was the first one I have ever paid MSRP, cause I wanted to as I have a different DD. Otherwise, let’s be real, these cars are / were overpriced at MSRP and MSRP +.

Yep, probably so. Funny though, about 27% of the 550+ I mentioned above are manuals… so I wonder why are those not being sold…after all they are the “sacred” manual trans. 😉

High interest rates and MSRP are preventing me from buying my wife a new car to replace her 2013 Explorer, which has only 25k miles, so she will wait as I’m saving my cash for better investments. 🍻🍻
The high interest rates should be stopping people from buying things they can't afford like a luxury car. Building wealth is not exclusive of having nice things, but one needs to know the limits.

High interest rates will be around for a long time. There is, regardless of its potential collectibility, a limited/niche market for the car….there are only so many people that will buy one. Virtually everyone I know could not understand why I bought my Blackwing. When I tried to explain, they just wanted to end the conversation.

Bottom line, Most people equate a Cadillac as an old person’s car, regardless of it hp or stick shift. That’s just the way it is…..at least, for now.

Last edited:
Well, people are forgetting that way back when, before some of you were born…interest rates in the early and mid 80’s….and even into the early 90’s…. Was way above the rates that were in effect during the pandemic and leading up to it. Do people really think that rates of 1 to 3 percent would be here forever? That’s silly. I remember loan rates of 10 to 13 percent on cars, mortgages even higher.

Well, people are forgetting that way back when, before some of you were born…interest rates in the early and mid 80’s….and even into the early 90’s…. Was way above the rates that were in effect during the pandemic and leading up to it. Do people really think that rates of 1 to 3 percent would be here forever? That’s silly. I remember loan rates of 10 to 13 percent on cars, mortgages even higher.
I was here for that. But the economic situation then was much different with high unemployment rate. The problem we face today is that the unemployment rate is low. If rates keep going up we will need unemployment to go up to cool things off. And I doubt many people will be happy about that.

Yes we are in an odd state of employment and rates, a spot we’ve not been in before with record low unemployment and high rates. Plus I can’t figure how how the 2 percent inflation rate became Jay Powell’s great white whale. Maybe his Carlyle Group masters told him that was the target.

High interest rates will be around for a long time. There is, regardless of its potential collectibility, a limited/niche market for the car….there are only so many people that will buy one. Virtually everyone I know could not understand why I bought my Blackwing. When I tried to explain, they just wanted to end the conversation.

Bottom line, Most people equate a Cadillac as an old person’s car, regardless of it hp or stick shift. That’s just st the way it is…..at least, for now.
Yep, only car guys know and get it. We are the small target audience.

Virtually everyone I know could not understand why I bought my Blackwing. When I tried to explain, they just wanted to end the conversation.
I have yet to meet someone in real life who knows what I have. I sold a C63S for my 5BW and when I told my sister she thought I was crazy. My best friend is still befuddled as to why I sold an AMG for a Cadillac. My wife’s family teases me about how the car is “cute.” My wife told her coworkers and they asked why I want to drive an “old man car.” They were shocked when she said I plan to take it to a track.

Yep, high interest rates on luxury cars are a sales killer unless you find buyers that have cash to burn. Also, as you mentioned, these cars were a bit overpriced to begin with. 4BWs are priced about $10k too high IMO. I love the car but I don’t see why it needs to cost $20k more than my Camaro 2SS 1LE.

I have yet to meet someone in real life who knows what I have. I sold a C63S for my 5BW and when I told my sister she thought I was crazy. My best friend is still befuddled as to why I sold an AMG for a Cadillac. My wife’s family teases me about how the car is “cute.” My wife told her coworkers and they asked why I want to drive an “old man car.” They were shocked when she said I plan to take it to a track.
Branding issues. Remember this campaign? Just replace Oldsmobile with Cadillac.

IMG_0089.jpeg

Last edited:
Honestly when it comes to the general public the BW being rear wheel drive is probably a big turn off for the market that would normally be interested in buying Cadillacs, especially in cold weather states. All the competition are AWD to my knowledge.

The only reason I bought my 5BW is because it fit a very specific criteria. A new car, with a stick, that I could also drive the family in when needed. I got rid of my Lotus Evora because I never had time to drive it since my son was born. When I heard about the 5BW having the option of a stick that is what interested me. However, I live in a cold weather state and its my 3rd car and is stored in the winter. I wouldn't have bothered if it had to be my main car.

That being said, I have had the complete opposite experience as a lot of people here. The Lotuses always got a lot of attention because they were so rare and exotic-looking to a lot of people. When I got my 5BW I expected to get no attention at all. While its not the same as the Lotus, the amount of attention my 5BW gets is sometimes surprising to me. I have had a lot of people at gas stations come up to me, people at stop lights complimenting the car, people coming up to me in parking lots, etc. Shoot, it even seems like at Cars & Coffee more people show interest in the 5BW than ever did my Lotuses. I had a salesman just the other day knock on my door and instead of trying to sell me something he just wanted to check out my 5BW (it was sitting in the driveway). I obliged. He was absolutely giddy, he even asked if I could rev it and, asked to even look in the engine bay.

Honestly when it comes to the general public the BW being rear wheel drive is probably a big turn off for the market that would normally be interested in buying Cadillacs, especially in cold weather states. All the competition are AWD to my knowledge.

The only reason I bought my 5BW is because it fit a very specific criteria. A new car, with a stick, that I could also drive the family in when needed. I got rid of my Lotus Evora because I never had time to drive it since my son was born. When I heard about the 5BW having the option of a stick that is what interested me. However, I live in a cold weather state and its my 3rd car and is stored in the winter. I wouldn't have bothered if it had to be my main car.

That being said, I have had the complete opposite experience as a lot of people here. The Lotuses always got a lot of attention because they were so rare and exotic-looking to a lot of people. When I got my 5BW I expected to get no attention at all. While its not the same as the Lotus, the amount of attention my 5BW gets is sometimes surprising to me. I have had a lot of people at gas stations come up to me, people at stop lights complimenting the car, people coming up to me in parking lots, etc. Shoot, it even seems like at Cars & Coffee more people show interest in the 5BW than ever did my Lotuses. I had a salesman just the other day knock on my door and instead of trying to sell me something he just wanted to check out my 5BW (it was sitting in the driveway). I obliged. He was absolutely giddy, he even asked if I could rev it and, asked to even look in the engine bay.
At a stop light on the way home today had someone motion for me to roll down my window and was asking about it. Had a guy with a BMW 340i drive up at a gas station last weekend saying he was thinking about buying one. It’s a regular occurrence that I’m not used to. Seems like people do love the look and novelty of the car. That being said I’m starting to see a lot more of them on the road.

Last edited:
At a stop light on the way home today had someone motion for me to roll down my window and was asking about it. Had a guy with a BMW 340i drive up at a gas station last weekend saying he was thinking about buying one. It’s a regular occurrence that I’m not used to. Seems like people do love the look and novelty of the car. That being said I’m starting to see a lot more of them in the road.
I still have only seen 2 5BW on the road my self and one of them was hundreds of miles away in another state. I have seen a handful of 4BW though.

At a stop light on the way home today had someone motion for me to roll down my window and was asking about it.
What was the window down clue? The universally accepted swirly hand motion? That language will die with us, so be careful with the younger crowd that has never seen a crank window in their privileged life. "Uhmmm, yeeeahh officer, this guy rolled up next to me and started a jerking off motion and didn't loose eye contact with me, so can you uhm please arrest him or something...ewww!"

Having grown up in the north I wouldn't have any issues whatsoever driving a RWD car in the winter. Especially now with ABS, traction control, etc. But I would probably not buy a car like the Blackwing if I still lived there more because of the poor quality of the roads!

Having grown up in the north I wouldn't have any issues whatsoever driving a RWD car in the winter. Especially now with ABS, traction control, etc. But I would probably not buy a car like the Blackwing if I still lived there more because of the poor quality of the roads!
Sure, my first car was a 1991 Sonoma. Rear wheel drive with almost no weight in the rear. So I know how to drive a rear wheel drive in the snow as well. However, would I ever want to again? Hell no. This probably explains why I have seen so few BWs in general where I live.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying Cadillac should have made the BWs AWD, but it being rear wheel drive is a huge "no thanks" to many people, especially in colder climates.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back