Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

A nice set of snow tires does wonders in winter. I think the worst time to drive is actually early spring when all the ice and snow melts away and fills in those dang huge pot holes and u can’t see them in water.

CF 1&2 and CCB for 91.5 is a hell of a deal in my opinion.

Unless the driver was a heavy smoker.

Unless the driver was a heavy smoker.
I have a similar build due for delivery in a couple of days. 2024 MSRP is over $30k over that price (probably 35k). I expect the car that sold is in fine shape, but for 30k you could probably replace the whole interior, the tires, and paid for a Spring Mountain trip and still have money left over. And it is one of 250 special edition, which I think will add some (perhaps small) value in the future. In California, the lower purchase price means you'll pay noticeably lower registration fees forever (ie decades if you keep it that long)

I think at that price anyone in the market should have jumped on it. Too bad I didn't see it before it sold - I would have been a bidder

I have a similar build due for delivery in a couple of days. 2024 MSRP is over $30k over that price (probably 35k). I expect the car that sold is in fine shape, but for 30k you could probably replace the whole interior, the tires, and paid for a Spring Mountain trip and still have money left over. And it is one of 250 special edition, which I think will add some (perhaps small) value in the future. In California, the lower purchase price means you'll pay noticeably lower registration fees forever (ie decades if you keep it that long)

I think at that price anyone in the market should have jumped on it. Too bad I didn't see it before it sold - I would have been a bidder
If the car is as well taken care of as my 22 5BW then it’s a steal. I always go back to the phrase, “if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.” Or the buyer just got incredibly lucky.

If the car is as well taken care of as my 22 5BW then it’s a steal. I always go back to the phrase, “if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.” Or the buyer just got incredibly lucky.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck..... See what I did here? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
duck GIF

It appears that the owner got all he wanted out of this car after 15,000+ miles, probably as a daily driver, and had enough of shifting in traffic.

I think you have to factor in the mileage as well...also the days of selling a car used at close to MSRP are gone unfortunately.

I think the real transition to EV versus the political virtue signaling will be the biggest influence on 5BW values in the short term. In the long term it will 100% be desirable, its just when that value appreciation starts. Disclaimer: I don't give two shits about resale value, that is for my estate managers to sort out when I'm on the wrong side of the grass.

FWIW,

2022 4BW, M6, Black Raven, 5,445 miles. Only options are red brake calipers, performance steering wheel and red seat belts. MSRP $61,500.

I am getting $45k-$47k trade-in values. That is a lot of car for the money.

It is hard to believe this low mileage example is in the same price range as a loaded GR Corolla or Civic Type R.

FWIW,

2022 4BW, M6, Black Raven, 5,445 miles. Only options are red brake calipers, performance steering wheel and red seat belts. MSRP $61,500.

It is hard to believe this low mileage example is in the same price range as a loaded GR Corolla or Civic Type R
Mind you...if your trade in value is 45-47 tack on 5k atleast for what someone would buy that vehicle from the dealer at. They usually target a 10%-20% flip profit on trade ins. $52k for a 5k mileage 4BW is still an INSANE value.

Pending what you want in terms of color, equipment and mileage, there are some outstanding deals on preowned 4BW's. To the point it's getting very tempting, even though I'd rather buy another 5BW.

Mind you...if your trade in value is 45-47 tack on 5k atleast for what someone would buy that vehicle from the dealer at. They usually target a 10%-20% flip profit on trade ins. $52k for a 5k mileage 4BW is still an INSANE value.
I don’t think this is unique to the ct4 blackwing. Used g80 m3 seems to be doing about the same. 10k loss on a 62k car after 2-3 years doesn’t seem bad to me?

I don’t think this is unique to the ct4 blackwing. Used g80 m3 seems to be doing about the same. 10k loss on a 62k car after 2-3 years doesn’t seem bad to me?
Not a big enough sample size but currently, it doesn't seem like options are taken into account at all, I have seen base (like the one above) models on sale for 62 used and a fully loaded out IMSA edition that was low 80's on sale used for....63. lol. But this may change

Not a big enough sample size but currently, it doesn't seem like options are taken into account at all, I have seen base (like the one above) models on sale for 62 used and a fully loaded out IMSA edition that was low 80's on sale used for....63. lol. But this may change
Yeah those with significant options are definitely getting hosed in the retail market. I think those will be appreciated by enthusiasts after production ends or a few years from now. In trade in scenarios I have seen options getting only hundreds of dollars more(i.e negligible)

FWIW,

It is hard to believe this low mileage example is in the same price range as a loaded GR Corolla or Civic Type R.

Definitely a good value for the next person, but I think spending $14k or so over 2 years is good for the first owner too. You basically worked out a 0 down, ~$600/month lease over 24 months on the BW which is a great deal

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back