Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Opinions on the Current State of CT4-V Blackwing (including Track Editions) Pricing

RDATLTE

FKA: Sticker Boy & CT4-V Blackwing
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing Road Atlanta IMSA Track Edition
What are your opinions on the current fair market value for CT4-V Blackwing (including Track Editions)? Recently, I can recall one poster stating that they paid invoice for a Sebring Track Edition and another poster stating that he paid $6k under with the $4k Bonus Cash offer that's being offered for cars that have been sitting on the lots, including the Watkins Glen Track Editions, plus another $2k from the dealer.

My opinion is that I wouldn't buy one for less that $4k under whether it qualifies for the Bonus Cash or not.

Again, what are your opinions?

Thanks!

Anyone buying a 4 has all the negotiating power. Supply has exceeded demand. Get the best deal you can and shop them against each other.

Given the discounts and the 4BW not having had much increase to account for inflation, the 4BW is now a screaming deal compared to when it was first released.

However feel that the bottom will continue to fall out from under the 4BW unless GM makes some changes. The easiest change would be to turn up the boost. There is enough overhead with the 5BW that GM can do this without stepping on the 5BWs toes.

When the ATS-V was first released, there was a car that Car and Driver tested that trapped 122mph in the quarter mile. No ATS V or 4BW has ever gotten close to that again. It must have been some preproduction model running some more boost than stock.

I wonder what the weakest link in the LF4 is that GM doesn't try to get more juice out of it.

BMWs M3 comp and M5 comp differ in trap speed by about 5mph in the quarter mile: 130mph vs 125mph. Currently the 4BW and 5BW differ in trap speed by about 10-12mph: 125-128mph vs 114-116mph. If an updated 4BW trapped around 120-122mph, then I think alot of the "shoulda had the LT2 V8 arguments" would fade.

If I were looking for a car in its class, I'd honestly probably pay MSRP. Nothing else in that class of car appeals to me at all. The M3 is ugly as hell and the manual transmission sucks, the C63 is now a 4 cylinder, and the RS5 completely bores me. And after 3 years with a C63S, I've realized I pretty much need a manual. So it realistically leaves the M3 or the Blackwing, and I hate almost everything about the new M3. Ugly, awful manual transmission, doesn't drive as well as the Blackwing, and the brand is now for clout chasers instead of driving enthusiasts.

Is MSRP overpaying a bit for a CT4 Blackwing? Maybe. But for me there would really be no other option if I wanted a new car.

I paid $4k under MSRP about 2 months ago and I shopped around a good bit. My VIN had $2k rebate, so with it now moving to $4k I think $6k under MSRP is a good target (in line w some recent purchases) with the rebate.

I assume you're thinking purchase v leasing, but you may want to see what the latest residual/MF is on the 2023s. At the time for me purchasing made the most sense but if the MF is incentivized and now you're getting a lot off MSRP leasing could be a consideration. Then you'd have a locked in depreciation and would no longer have to follow the 'sake of resale' thread :)

I’m surprised to see 2 people still willing to pay MSRP at this point in the game. There are over 400 available within 2,000 miles of me. I agree with @Head Hunter in that in typical GM fashion, they’ve exceeded the demand for these cars as we enter the 3rd model year and as illustrated by the $4k Bonus Cash offer.

The dealership I ordered my 2024 5BW from has a ton of 4BWs on the lot and they have made it very clear that deals can be had. I have not inquired but I am assuming well below MSRP.

No reason to pay MSRP on any 4 BW, especially the way overpriced appearance/sticker packaged supposed special track editions that have the same performance as a base 4 BW.

I would pay MSRP for a Track Editions if I wanted to start over again but I like my current 4BW and will probably keep her for at least another 18/20 months.......

I don't really understand why some people have a problem paying MSRP if you like the car... I will say it again, it's only money and you can't take it with you.. I'm not like a lot of you guys and have owned all the German cars but I may go down that road in a few years..... Oh well, yes, I would pay MSRP....

If MSRP was the best deal I could find, then yes I would pay MSRP. But it looks like you can get 4BWs under MSRP so I would shop for the car I wanted at the best deal I could find. Who doesn't love getting a deal?

It’s simple, for those who’d rather pay MSRP rather than $6000 off MSRP, this the epitome of people that have more money than brains!

It’s simple, for those who’d rather pay MSRP rather than $6000 off MSRP, this the epitome of people that have more money than brains!
lucious lyon wtf GIF

If I could get it 6K off that's great, but if I couldn't I would pay MSRP.....

Ok Fine Whatever GIF by MOODMAN

I paid MSRP for mine in 2022. Zero regrets. Skipped the price bump and interest rates doubling.

Do the math on the interest expense and those "savings" disappear very quickly.
I get this, but on the flip side, that’s why it makes even less sense to pay MSRP now. The market and inventory availability has changed a ton since last year.

It's always interesting to me how car pricing changes based on the economy, supply chain, etc. There have been times where I was able to buy some really nice cars at Invoice + Doc Fee, and there have been times where I couldn't buy the most basic vehicle for anything but MSRP. I ended up paying $5k over MSRP last year for the wife's Grand Wagoneer and $10k over for my C8, but when we traded them in this year, she got MSRP for hers and I got over MSRP for mine. I think you just have to know what you can afford, figure out what you "have to have" and what you can do without, then go shop around for the best deal you can find. If you can save $5-10k buying out of state and only spend $800 to ship it to your door, then open up your search radius and go national.

I have a strong aversion to paying too much for goods. I will never pay over MSRP for a car, I refuse to feed that monster. I don't obsess over money, but I'm far from indifferent to it's value. Money allows for more control and choice in life so I'm not going to hand over a duffle bag of freedom on top of MSRP when better pricing is out there. To pay a premium for a 4BW in August 2023 shows a reckless ignorance to current market dynamics.

I'm pretty sure MSRP is the best you can do here in Canuckland on a 4BW minus any GM incentives for the 4s. The cars are still hard to come by here, wait lists are shorter then the 5BW but at best I've only ever seen two on the lot for sale the last two years that were stock orders and they didn't last long.

lucious lyon wtf GIF

If I could get it 6K off that's great, but if I couldn't I would pay MSRP.....

Ok Fine Whatever GIF by MOODMAN
Yeah, I'm not saying I'd rather pay MSRP than take a discount. But if I had to pay MSRP for some reason I wouldn't feel the car is overpriced for my use case.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back