Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

Definitely a good value for the next person, but I think spending $14k or so over 2 years is good for the first owner too. You basically worked out a 0 down, ~$600/month lease over 24 months on the BW which is a great deal

I agree most people need to reset their expectations post COVID. The days of "appreciating" vehicles are behind us. Let's not forget these are "luxury" vehicles and will depreciate differently than a popular everyday vehicle.

If you wanted an accurate depreciation schedule for the CT4/CT5 BW you could have looked at the previous gen ATS/CTS to get an idea. They followed a "normal" depreciation schedule the first 3 years or so and then held steady for the most part for years to come.

Definitely a good value for the next person, but I think spending $14k or so over 2 years is good for the first owner too. You basically worked out a 0 down, ~$600/month lease over 24 months on the BW which is a great deal
Good point.

I agree most people need to reset their expectations post COVID. The days of "appreciating" vehicles are behind us. Let's not forget these are "luxury" vehicles and will depreciate differently than a popular everyday vehicle.

If you wanted an accurate depreciation schedule for the CT4/CT5 BW you could have looked at the previous gen ATS/CTS to get an idea. They followed a "normal" depreciation schedule the first 3 years or so and then held steady for the most part for years to come.
True, I knew what I was signing up for, especially paying MSRP. I was able to get top dollar for my ZL1 on trade at the time, which helps the overall equation.

I don’t think this is unique to the ct4 blackwing. Used g80 m3 seems to be doing about the same. 10k loss on a 62k car after 2-3 years doesn’t seem bad to me?
In the current climate where you can get $4k-$5k in discounts off MSRP the depreciation is about right. I purchased in summer 2022 and had to pay MSRP if I wanted one. If I use $46k for the trade-in that equates to about 26% depreciation in 20 months on a base 4BW with 5400 miles. It is what it is. I don't plan to sell but I am just amazed at what a great value these cars would be at $45k. My car still has the new car smell and tires are barely worn. :)

Also consider most 4BWs on the lots are listed in the mid $70k range, and these cars are not bringing much more on trade. Maybe $50-52k for the same car with more options, which is like 30%+ depreciation in 2 years.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back