Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What made you choose a Blackwing and what else did you consider?

I always thought it was a good deal if you fit in the CF bucket seats and were okay with a 4 seater.

Someone in the thread above us just paid 131k for a 5BW with all the CF stuff. That's only about 10k below a M5CS.

The M5CS already comes with the exterior CF, the CF seats, the CC brakes, and also comes with CF in places the 5BW doesn't (but wish it did), like the roof, hood, and I think trunk.

It's the only sedan I've seen best the 5BW in comparison tests (motortrend, Evo).

I had no interest in the M5 comp, but if the 5BW didn't exist, the M5 CS would be the top pick.
For that kind of $ I would want some kind of fast/nimble Porsche....718 Spyder or high end Caymen...but that's just me and my preference. Plenty of reasons to desire and respect 5 BW and M5 CSL or even M3 comp for that matter...Also a big fan of the Audi RS7...

For that kind of $ I would want some kind of fast/nimble Porsche....718 Spyder or high end Caymen...but that's just me and my preference. Plenty of reasons to desire and respect 5 BW and M5 CSL or even M3 comp for that matter...Also a big fan of the Audi RS7...

If I didn't need large back seats, (rear facing child seats), I wouldn't be in a sedan.

If I didn't need large back seats, (rear facing child seats), I wouldn't be in a sedan.
Yeah I get you....I'm in a similar boat....wife insisted on a "practical" car - ie a sedan...at least she didn't insist on an SUV. Maybe one day I'll get a little fast 2 seater ragtop of some sort...

I traded an Audi S7 (V8 BiTurbo) for the BW. Was considering the RS7 as the natural progression but had the hankering for a manual. As much as I don't regret the move, it would be unfair to say the Cad in any way feels as nice as slipping into the Audi. The S7 was sexy, whereas the 5BW is a beast.

The M5CS is not worth the money. It's ridiculously overpriced.
Not sure if you’re getting your wires crossed with another M5 variant, but it’s actually quite a special car. Just about every reviewer/magazine has marked it down as the greatest sedan ever made.

Not sure if you’re getting your wires crossed with another M5 variant, but it’s actually quite a special car. Just about every reviewer/magazine has marked it down as the greatest sedan ever made.
There is absolutely no way and I mean no way that the M5CS can lay down the luxury ride the 5BW does. One is harsh and the other is totally compliant. The 5BW does both stances better than any BMW at 50-60-70k less it's that simple.

You guys are funny stating you can wail on a 4BW on the street and not get arrested. Where I live most roads are 45 mph and hwy 60. Those numbers come very quickly in a 4BW. Heck top of 3rd gear on a 4 BW, your at speeds where u can get arrested. Both 4 and 5 BWs and most M cars will easily get you in a lot of trouble on street. Probably need to get into cars that do 0-60 in 5 secs to play it safe on street and be able to wind out gears.
maybe you should change your handle...Deneed4spdlimits?

I traded an Audi S7 (V8 BiTurbo) for the BW. Was considering the RS7 as the natural progression but had the hankering for a manual. As much as I don't regret the move, it would be unfair to say the Cad in any way feels as nice as slipping into the Audi. The S7 was sexy, whereas the 5BW is a beast.
yea i'm in v8 tt s6 currently about to swap it out for a 4bw soon as well and second guessing myself for that reason

A little late to the party here. I needed a daily driver that was more practical than my other vehicles which only seat two. It was available with a manual transmission. It has great performance. It's as simple as that. For me it just checked all the boxes!! After reading the reviews I didn't really consider anything else.

I came from a C8 RS6 to my '24 5BW 6mt. The RS6 was very nice inside and had some neat features that you can get with the a10 as well such as the lane keep and radar cruise. The RS6 was fast but not as fun. Punch it in the RS6 and you don't have to worry about traction. The 5BW, ha, good one! The 5BW is such a beast when you want it to be. Break 'em loose in 2nd, sure no problem. I love it!! Then when you want to chill out, throw it in tour mode and it's a great daily. The difference in interior luxury doesn't bother me much and personally I appreciate the switches and buttons of the 5BW over the touch screens of the Audi.

Now when BMW comes out with the M5 touring I might be second guessing myself and have to get that for the winter while my 5BW lives in the garage ;)

After seeing the new M2 on the street, I would consider replacing my Blackwing for it. I can understand why some people hate the new design. I love the new design. It won't steer as well, but the handling and acceleration are comparable. It won't be as reliable as the Blackwing and I believe maintenance on the M2 is covered for 3 years. But of course going to 2 doors is a disadvantage.

After seeing the new M2 on the street, I would consider replacing my Blackwing for it. I can understand why some people hate the new design. I love the new design. It won't steer as well, but the handling and acceleration are comparable. It won't be as reliable as the Blackwing and I believe maintenance on the M2 is covered for 3 years. But of course going to 2 doors is a disadvantage.
I've been a fan of the M2 since it first came out (actually the 1 M is one of my favorite BMWs). For the last few years I''ve been telling folks (car fanatics) that my next car was likely to be an M2 (if I couldn't persuade the wife to let me get a Boxster of Caymen). The previous M2 comp really looked like the car for me. I also so wanted an RS3....but no MT....Most of my car friends were very approving of the M2 (for me).

As soon as I saw the latest M2 the thought of me driving one (it) was over. I've softened on the looks a bit....but still am not a fan. Performance wise it seems great and superior to the prior one (even in comp form....though there was also a CS? or such that still to me seems better....though more $ to be sure). But after watching numerous reviews and comparos - and even as well as the new M2 performed - so many reviewers commented that they got no thrill or desire to get in and drive it more. This is concerning....and now no MT....well made the decision on a 4 BW easy...

Caveat - never driven an M2 in any guise...shame really. Also a factor in going for the 4 BW was knowing how my wife would approve of the softened tour mode....and she certainly does...

I've been a fan of the M2 since it first came out (actually the 1 M is one of my favorite BMWs). For the last few years I''ve been telling folks (car fanatics) that my next car was likely to be an M2 (if I couldn't persuade the wife to let me get a Boxster of Caymen). The previous M2 comp really looked like the car for me. I also so wanted an RS3....but no MT....Most of my car friends were very approving of the M2 (for me).

As soon as I saw the latest M2 the thought of me driving one (it) was over. I've softened on the looks a bit....but still am not a fan. Performance wise it seems great and superior to the prior one (even in comp form....though there was also a CS? or such that still to me seems better....though more $ to be sure). But after watching numerous reviews and comparos - and even as well as the new M2 performed - so many reviewers commented that they got no thrill or desire to get in and drive it more. This is concerning....and now no MT....well made the decision on a 4 BW easy...

Caveat - never driven an M2 in any guise...shame really. Also a factor in going for the 4 BW was knowing how my wife would approve of the softened tour mode....and she certainly does...
I also had a deposit on M2 and pulled if after some research. My neighbor actually has one. 1. I’m only 5’6 and my head touched the headliner in back seat. No go for my kids who will be in HS soon and won’t fit. 2. Fast but numb. Seems like most folks here came from other slush box numb cars so can’t go into another one. Wish I just got the m2 cs when it came out and I had the paperwork in my hands but wife said no. So sad….

I also had a deposit on M2 and pulled if after some research. My neighbor actually has one. 1. I’m only 5’6 and my head touched the headliner in back seat. No go for my kids who will be in HS soon and won’t fit. 2. Fast but numb. Seems like most folks here came from other slush box numb cars so can’t go into another one. Wish I just got the m2 cs when it came out and I had the paperwork in my hands but wife said no. So sad….
I hear you. Yeah the M2cs certainly checked all the boxes for me and I think your spot on WRT reviews of the new M2. Perhaps if they do a comp or CS (with a MT) things will be different....in the meantime the 4 BW pretty much checks all the boxes and then some...considering the way cars are going these days. I still wish for something smaller and lighter...but in the meantime we still have the GTI and the ZHP and both are great fun.

RWD type R with a S58 stuffed in it under 3400 lbs please. Ha!

There is absolutely no way and I mean no way that the M5CS can lay down the luxury ride the 5BW does. One is harsh and the other is totally compliant. The 5BW does both stances better than any BMW at 50-60-70k less it's that simple.
Yeah not really sure where to take this. I hear you. And I agree on the luxury ride. I can tell you’re on some anti-BMW campaign, and that’s great. There are plenty of things I dislike about the brand, primarily its culture/marketing, but the M car in any form has been the benchmark for sports sedans for decades.

Like I’ve said before, my manual 5BW is the greatest car I’ve owned. However, to think there’s not a better sedan out there is silly.

Jumped from a '14 Mustang GT (Track pack) to the CT4-V Blackwing for practicality without losing the fun. I needed space for my toddler and comfort for the wife, along with RWD, manual transmission, and more oomph than the Mustang. I also considered an RS3, but the automatic transmission and AWD, not to mention an uninspiring rear design, just didn't do it for me. Despite my priorities I almost landed a Shelby GT350 a month before getting the 4BW. Missing that deal turned out to be a blessing—4BW is a hit with the family, snagged it under MSRP with a great GM rate! Now that the family car is sorted, I can get back on the hunt for the Shelby stress free 😂

Yeah not really sure where to take this. I hear you. And I agree on the luxury ride. I can tell you’re on some anti-BMW campaign, and that’s great. There are plenty of things I dislike about the brand, primarily its culture/marketing, but the M car in any form has been the benchmark for sports sedans for decades.

Like I’ve said before, my manual 5BW is the greatest car I’ve owned. However, to think there’s not a better sedan out there is silly.
For the money? I don't think there's a better one out there and that's the point. When they first came out you get it with all the trimmings for 118k I think?

Despite my priorities I almost landed a Shelby GT350
It's ironic that you mentioned Shelby GT350. I'm new to the forum and that's the car I just came from. Mine was a 2019 with only 9,100 easy miles, bought it new, but after enjoying it for 4-1/2 years it was time to move onto something else. I will say that it was by far the most engaging and fun car that I've driven in my life time. Getting more for it than what it stickered for, didn't hurt either. I have owned and thoroughly enjoyed several BMW's of the past, the latest being a new 2016 M4 DCT, and considered another, but that grille........WTH were they thinking. Also I wanted another V-8 6 speed manual. I'm a 72 year old coot, that still loves hot rods, so the logical choice was a CT5-V Blackwing. As long as my left leg still works, rowing gears is the only way to go. I suspect that this car, like my Shelby, will remain very desirable and retain an extremely high retail value. I'm counting the days down until spring.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back