Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What made you choose a Blackwing and what else did you consider?

dinkman - you and I should be friends: I also have a 2020 GT350R (Kona Blue, no stripes) and a 2024 F Pace SVR! Too funny. You have great taste in cars!

Beautiful 400!

I would say that my 4 vs 5 decision would have been different if the 4 had a usable back seat: I would have gladly saved 25-30k and gotten a 4BW. And now that I have driven the 4, I know that it would satisfy my needs as a performance car. But I need a good back seat for passengers and the bonus of the monstrous LT4 is nice.
yea thats important for me. you hear mixed feedback on it so i'll see for myself when my car arrives. luckily im not very tall so hoping it leaves plenty of room in the back for the kids

dinkman - you and I should be friends: I also have a 2020 GT350R (Kona Blue, no stripes) and a 2024 F Pace SVR! Too funny. You have great taste in cars!
you still have both?? i'm just listing previously owned cars haha
here's the closest thing I've ever owned to a GM product:
ls3-2.jpg

Is that an LS into an E39?? Very cool!

Yes, I still have my 350R and the Evora along with the 5BW and SVR. Will try to add another Mitsuibishi Evo or Boss 302 in the next year or so.

And I am 6'2" so the back seat was a deal killer on the 4BW unfortunately. But . . . if I replaced the Evora with a 4BW, the back seat isn't an issue. I don't think I will but maybe.

My friends thought I was nuts selling my '19 Camaro ZLE for a loaded CT4 BW. Looked at the M3, CTR, ITS, Golf R, Elantra N, and GR Corolla. All were good but I liked the design language of my Escalade and the CT4 is very similar. As was mentioned, the CT4 feels lighter than it is and the luxury features are a nice touch not found in most cars at this price point. The car feels solid.

Do I miss the ridiculous torque and LT4 exhaust note? Yes, it was a special car.

Any regrets? Nope. The CT4 BW does it all and it's a lot easier to live with, especially with a 4 year old kid in the back seat. Awesome Magnaride. I don't have Chargers and Challengers revving on me every day. It flies under the radar to most people.

Massaging seats and great outward visibility (although never had an issue with the Camaro as long as the mirrors were adjusted correctly) are nice.

Overall, a good 'every day' car as long as you don't need a lot of trunk storage or adults in the back seats.

Last edited:
Is that an LS into an E39?? Very cool!

Yes, I still have my 350R and the Evora along with the 5BW and SVR. Will try to add another Mitsuibishi Evo or Boss 302 in the next year or so.

And I am 6'2" so the back seat was a deal killer on the 4BW unfortunately. But . . . if I replaced the Evora with a 4BW, the back seat isn't an issue. I don't think I will but maybe.
close. its an ls3/t56 in an e34

Reactions: CBH
During the 2 years of ownership of my G80 M3 Competition, I was always casually reading up on similar vehicles. At the end of the day, I wanted something that stirred me like my old manual E90 M3 did years ago. I have been an M car guy most of my adult life. But IMO, as the M division transitioned to turbo engines, and the tech started to increase, they lost their edge (pretty standard for any modern car).

Then comes the manual 5BW. Without a doubt, the BEST car I have ever owned. While much heavier, it is extremely reminiscent of my old E90.. just with 250 more hp.

I am still always looking at German competitors. Right now, my dream sedan is the M5CS, just a bit out of my price range. Beyond happy with the 5BW. A real “forever” car.
Why? Look at the 5BW now with a tune, pulley and ported lid? 700rwhp

For me my number one criteria in a car is manual transmission. Having a bit of practicality has become a priority as well. And of course, want something sporty. That meant my options as I saw it were BMW M3 or CT4 V BW. Every review I’ve watched gives the nod on driving feel to the Cadillac. And the BMW is ugly as hell.

How about y’all?
Same boat here.!!! And picked 4bw road Atlanta . 1,400 miles and love it so far!! Has a 16 ats v a few years back but this one it’s more fun as of now

Enjoy your GR Corolla...I can certainly see the appeal. You'd like my GTI - OK its got leather seats...but its not refined at all really....Its a noisy little canyon carving monster. In certain conditions I can spin tires in 5 of 6 gears. I've done many handling/chassis stiffening upgrades and its just a screamer...very akin to the GR I think. I just love driving and wailing on it.

Forgot to mention the BRZ / GR 86, another car I really like. Simple and fun. Would have had it on my list except one of my daughters has one coming soon, so I'll get to drive hers. :)

View attachment 23515
View attachment 23516

these were just some of mine I still have pics of. that car was just so good but they just become maintenance nightmares over time. i wouldnt want to own one any more
You both talking about your old M3's, making me miss mine. I had a 2012 E92 with a ESSVT2625 and it just made the car perfect. I owned it for 8yrs and the only things that actually broke was the thermostat, O2 sensors and throttle actuators. Honestly can't complain considering I put 90k miles on it and 60k of those were with the added supercharger. Should have never sold it and yeah I've regretted it since the day I watched it drive away with a new owner.

You both talking about your old M3's, making me miss mine. I had a 2012 E92 with a ESSVT2625 and it just made the car perfect. I owned it for 8yrs and the only things that actually broke was the thermostat, O2 sensors and throttle actuators. Honestly can't complain considering I put 90k miles on it and 60k of those were with the added supercharger. Should have never sold it and yeah I've regretted it since the day I watched it drive away with a new owner.
Would have loved to experience a supercharged E9x. Assuming it lost that glorious induction noise though?

My ownership was pretty low drama as well. IACV and throttle actuators replaced. Car was on original rod bearings, so maybe time would tell (I only had it till 40k miles).

Why? Look at the 5BW now with a tune, pulley and ported lid? 700rwhp
Why? As in the M5CS? The 5BW has plenty of power IMO. I couldn’t imagine having more, considering it’s a daily. I feel like it would be a handful.

The M5CS just seems to be the perfect sedan with AWD, still a V8. However, it’s an auto, which sucks. The M5 can be managed easily with much more power.

Why? As in the M5CS? The 5BW has plenty of power IMO. I couldn’t imagine having more, considering it’s a daily. I feel like it would be a handful.

The M5CS just seems to be the perfect sedan with AWD, still a V8. However, it’s an auto, which sucks. The M5 can be managed easily with much more power.
The point is? You can probably almost buy a CT4 BW with the difference in savings to not purchase the M5 CS extra especiale series or whatever it is: All vehicles are just a complete waste of money and BMW's are like king of wasted money.

The point is? You can probably almost buy a CT4 BW with the difference in savings to not purchase the M5 CS extra especiale series or whatever it is: All vehicles are just a complete waste of money and BMW's are like king of wasted money.
“The point is?” Lol, weird response, but I’ll bite.

That’s my reply to why I love the M5CS. So that’s the point.

I’m an M car fanatic, and the M5CS is the kind of them all. That’s another point.

Forgot to mention the BRZ / GR 86, another car I really like. Simple and fun. Would have had it on my list except one of my daughters has one coming soon, so I'll get to drive hers. :)
My youngest has a somewhat tricked out older model GR 86 and its an absolute hoot to drive. Not fast by my standards but plenty quick enough for some fun. Handles great - particularly with the larger wheels/tires and the engine has a bit more pop than stock...and the very tight short shifter rounds it out. I get to drive it reasonably often as he leaves it here when he flys off somewhere for work or vacation....

“The point is?” Lol, weird response, but I’ll bite.

That’s my reply to why I love the M5CS. So that’s the point.

I’m an M car fanatic, and the M5CS is the kind of them all. That’s another point.
The M5CS is not worth the money. It's ridiculously overpriced.

The M5CS is not worth the money. It's ridiculously overpriced.

I always thought it was a good deal if you fit in the CF bucket seats and were okay with a 4 seater.

Someone in the thread above us just paid 131k for a 5BW with all the CF stuff. That's only about 10k below a M5CS.

The M5CS already comes with the exterior CF, the CF seats, the CC brakes, and also comes with CF in places the 5BW doesn't (but wish it did), like the roof and hood.

It's the only sedan I've seen best the 5BW in comparison tests (motortrend, Evo).

Finally BMW understands exclusivity, with a single production year of a car that drove meaningfully better than the standard car. What GM is doing with a sticker and badge edition every single year (collectors editions, 120th anniversary, 20th anniversary of V) with zero performance improvements is exactly the wrong thing to do.

I had no interest in the M5 comp, but if the 5BW didn't exist, the M5 CS would be the top pick.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners