Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What made you choose a Blackwing and what else did you consider?

Thanks for this, I went to that link which redirected me to cadillac.com where I initiated a chat and was able to check. They advised that the dealer has submitted the order but it has not been officially accepted by GM. I will check back with the dealer to ensure they have an allocation. I know they sold a 4 BW recently as I was going to look at it but someone put a deposit before it even hit their lot.
In this current market, I would just expand your search and buy one off the lot for under MSRP.

Not sure if this meets your desired specs but my local dealer has a 2024 in Black Raven with the 6 speed, red brake calipers, mid-tier seats, and sunroof.

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 8.25.24 AM.png

They have they very expensive Track Editions as well. Here is the matte black with two-tone tan interior. This one has the A10 though. I see they have another coming in with 6 speed but I think it lacks the tan interior. I am sure if you search around at higher volume dealers you will probably find one you like without all waiting.

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 8.38.30 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 8.31.27 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 8.31.55 AM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 8.35.57 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 8.35.57 AM.png
    577.9 KB · Views: 43
Here in Central Ohio, these guys have three track versions with manual (2 Watkins, 1 Road Atlanta), all with discounts of $3k. The other 18 4BW are autos.

I actually stopped by there last Sunday to verify them and I've never seen more BWs in one place since Spring Mountain.

Last edited:
Here in Central Ohio, these guys have three track versions with manual (2 Watkins, 1 Road Atlanta), all with discounts of $3k. The other 18 4BW are autos.

The ordering manager missed the mark at "performance" Cadillac by ordering all automatics :wtcslap

@Super Saloon .....I had an order at 1100 for 8 months. Never built due to NO allocation, then the model year changed and the order was cancelled. 1100 doesn't mean a thing until the dealer GETS an allocation. You need to have a sit down with your dealer, other than the sales guy, to find out about their allocations (how many did they have last year, and so far this year) and where you are on the "list". I'd also be looking at in stock units. I wish you luck.

Interesting, the automatics are slightly faster. They both handle the same.
Touchy subject on car forums. ;) My 2c, it is not so much about being about being slightly faster 0-60mph. All these cars are too fast for the street anyway. It is more about increasing the level of driving engagement, the satisfaction of rowing your own gears, working the clutch, rev matching the downshifts, controlling the exhaust note, etc. This only adds to the enjoyment in a sporty car with great handling.

As for the dealer stock orders, I get why they order so many automatics. The take rate is higher for an auto but many would argue the M6 is just a lot more fun to drive. Certain cars just beg you to get the manual. It would be really tough to buy a Miata or GR86 with an automatic. With GM, it is pretty hard to pass up anything offered with a Tremec 6-speed with rev match. C6/C7 Corvettes, Camaros SS, etc.

I received confirmation the dealer does NOT have an allocation, but I am first on the list. I don’t want to thread jack, is there another thread on orders and allocations? I’m curious if there is any more info out there on how/when dealers get allocations. They have sold a 4 BW recently. My preference is to do something with a local dealer so that I can inspect the car before I buy it and also avoid shipping costs.

I received confirmation the dealer does NOT have an allocation, but I am first on the list. I don’t want to thread jack, is there another thread on orders and allocations? I’m curious if there is any more info out there on how/when dealers get allocations. They have sold a 4 BW recently. My preference is to do something with a local dealer so that I can inspect the car before I buy it and also avoid shipping costs.
Try Lockhart in Indianapolis. They told me I was number 10 in line, but got an allocation for me in 2 or 3 months

Earlier this year, I upgraded my Focus RS to a 2022 CLA 45 AMG. I loved the RS, but wanted something a bit more comfortable and grown up, that also needed to be able to haul two kids around. I knew I wanted to get back into a sedan and out of the hatchback. When I was ready to upgrade the RS, I was cross shopping the AMG, the Audi RS3 and a Giulia Quadrifoglio (which I saw at the auto show several years back and fell in love with). I ultimately decided against the Alfa, due to RWD only and reliability concerns. I live in Illinois and need a 4 season car. I only wanted the newest gen RS3 which was pretty difficult to find, so I landed on the AMG.

The AMG is very impressive on paper, 0-60 in 4.0 seconds (sometimes under 4), 12.2 1/4 mile, and you can get over 30 MPG on the highway. I thought this would be the perfect car, and was my first automatic in 17 years. I have a 6 spd. Miata so thought if I needed to scratch that itch, the Miata was there. The problem is, I always seem to have the itch. The AMG is simply not as fun to drive as either the Miata or the Focus RS (amongst a few other things I won't get into), and I think I underestimated how important this was. I am always watching car review videos, and everyone raves about the CT4-V Blackwing. I'm not sure why the 4 BW wasn't initially on my radar, maybe it was a combination of the RWD and I honestly did not love the styling, mostly the back half. After seeing every review talk about it being one of the best cars, I had to see one for myself. After seeing it in person and experiencing the driving dynamics, I knew I wanted one. I did some research on winter performance and it seems like a good set of winter tires and I will be able to manage the winters, I always have the option of not driving if I don't need to as my work is flexible with in-office days.

I placed an order for a 6 spd. Black Raven 4 BW yesterday with tan interior, and I can't wait to get it. An expensive lesson to learn with the AMG (depreciation hit), but I'm hoping this car is as enjoyable to drive as my Miata (or nearly as enjoyable), with the benefit of comfort, luxury and practicality. While I don't consider myself overly patriotic, I do feel better about buying American (many fun Fords as my prior cars - Taurus SHO 5 spd; Fiesta ST spd, Focus RS 6spd). This will be my first GM product, and I'm excited to get more familiar with the platform and get that excitement back for my daily driver.

Can't wait to let the Bald Eagles sing!
Well it happened, not the order but I am officially in a Blackwing. I wanted to test drive a new one in person because the two I drove previously were pre owned and there was a lot to absorb so I just wanted to make 100% sure I was making the right choice. A side benefit was going to be placing a second order with another dealer. I had 0 intention of buying the Midnight Steel Metallic with the base seats, but I drove it and loved it. The color also impressed me and they had a Black Raven on the lot which was my initial choice. After seeing both colors in person I wanted the MSM. It’s funny how much I have flopped on options and colors for this car. At the end of the day I knew I wanted the car and a 6 speed. I fell in love with the car after driving it and the deal was right. I’m about 150 miles in and couldn’t be happier. It’s an absolute joy to drive and I appreciate how simple everything is to use and how the interior is laid out. The car sounds amazing for a 6 cylinder. I’m pumped Cadillac offers something like this for us enthusiasts.

Thank you to all the members for encouraging me to continue my shopping!

Attachments

• E8D7D570-4A6E-4A9B-A385-951278BCF055.jpeg
    E8D7D570-4A6E-4A9B-A385-951278BCF055.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 64
  • 270B7B61-F247-41E2-8B2B-AB4031225A73.jpeg
    270B7B61-F247-41E2-8B2B-AB4031225A73.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 67
  • 6D13D0AA-3626-4ABA-B1E5-4B5A9F3EE9C8.jpeg
    6D13D0AA-3626-4ABA-B1E5-4B5A9F3EE9C8.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 68
Congrats and welcome to the Club!!

Well it happened, not the order but I am officially in a Blackwing. I wanted to test drive a new one in person because the two I drove previously were pre owned and there was a lot to absorb so I just wanted to make 100% sure I was making the right choice. A side benefit was going to be placing a second order with another dealer. I had 0 intention of buying the Midnight Steel Metallic with the base seats, but I drove it and loved it. The color also impressed me and they had a Black Raven on the lot which was my initial choice. After seeing both colors in person I wanted the MSM. It’s funny how much I have flopped on options and colors for this car. At the end of the day I knew I wanted the car and a 6 speed. I fell in love with the car after driving it and the deal was right. I’m about 150 miles in and couldn’t be happier. It’s an absolute joy to drive and I appreciate how simple everything is to use and how the interior is laid out. The car sounds amazing for a 6 cylinder. I’m pumped Cadillac offers something like this for us enthusiasts.

Congrats! IMO, 99% of the enjoyment of this car is rowing your own gears in this awesome handling chassis. FWIW, I didn't plan on getting the base seats either but glad I did. Once the honeymoon wears off you will appreciate the comfort of the base seats.

Enjoy it.

Congrats! I see you got yours at Heritage. I'm in Illinois, too. My last two cars have been high horsepower rear wheel drive (ISF, now 5BW) cars. I don't have the garage space for a second car for me, so my car has to be a 4 season car. A good set of winter tires is all I've needed. Granted the last couple of years have been pretty mild with regards to really deep snow, incoming winter storms notwithstanding...

Funny story: I ordered that car from heritage as a '23, but when they converted it to a '24 they left off the seat upgrade. They were very nice about it and offered to discount it, but I ended up buying a used one instead out of state. Hope you like red seat belts and no sunroof :) (I mean that sincerely)

Last edited:
Funny story: I ordered that car from heritage as a '23, but when they converted it to a '24 they left off the seat upgrade. They were very nice about it and offered to discount it, but I ended up buying a used one instead out of state. Hope you like red seat belts and no sunroof :) (I mean that sincerely)
Ha! Small world. It isn’t the way I would have specced it but everything I thought I wouldn’t like (base seats, color, no sunroof) is growing on me. I’m glad it worked out for the both of us!

I'm waiting for dealer allocation for my order but I'm also watching national inventory. If all else falls through, I'll probably order a base M3 with 6M.

I'm waiting for dealer allocation for my order but I'm also watching national inventory. If all else falls through, I'll probably order a base M3 with 6M.
Noooooooo!
This is instead of a ct5 blackwing I presume?

i've observed that the older I get the more methodical and less spontaneous I am with my purchases.
I remember in 2008 I drove my friend to pick up his X5M he had just bought from white plans bmw. During that trip they had a new M3 sedan on the showroom floor. That same friend also owned the previous gen M3 with the I6 and I was not a fan how it sounded one bit. I asked the sales guy to turn the car on so we could hear the v8 and within a few minutes he was filling out second sales order paperwork.

Fast forward to 2023 and I've probably spent 6-9 months research the following different cars before settling on a 4BW
carmsrpreasons whyreasons why notmanualdrivehp/torquerank
CT4-V BW65000great drivers car, great manualyesrwd472/4451
RS365600exotic enginemarkupawd400/3702
C43 AMG67000awd385/3853
S457000awd350/3705
m340i63500awd380/3704
M380000drivetrainfucking uglyyesrwd/awd503/4806
S352000mehawd306/2957
Golf GTI40100not luxury nor sportyfwd, low specyesfwd240/2708
Golf R46000expensive for a Golf, markupyesawd315/2959
Integra Type S53000great manualfwd, mehyesfwd320/31010
IS35048500very dated interiormehawd310/28011
GR Corolla41500great drivers carexpensive, low budget interior, wait time/markupyesawd300/27012
I've gone and looked at/test driven most of them. watched dozen+ youtube reviews of all of them. browsed/lurked the forums for most of them etc I cant imagine the hours I've spent/wasted lol

ultimately decided on the 4BW as I really wanted a manual daily driver again. I dont drive my weekend toy that has an even better manual in it than the caddy to fill that void in my life. Otherwise the RS3 (likely the previous gen not current due to tuning pontential) was hands down what I was going with.

I'm now just 4 days awau from 4bw being delivered to the dealer (supposedly) after having left Michigan on transport nearly two months ago and I cant wait for the journey to conclude

carmsrpreasons whyreasons why notmanualdrivehp/torquerank
CT4-V BW65000great drivers car, great manualyesrwd472/4451
RS365600exotic enginemarkupawd400/3702
C43 AMG67000awd385/3853
S457000awd350/3705
m340i63500awd380/3704
M380000drivetrainfucking uglyyesrwd/awd503/4806
S352000mehawd306/2957
Golf GTI40100not luxury nor sportyfwd, low specyesfwd240/2708
Golf R46000expensive for a Golf, markupyesawd315/2959
Integra Type S53000great manualfwd, mehyesfwd320/31010
IS35048500very dated interiormehawd310/28011
GR Corolla41500great drivers carexpensive, low budget interior, wait time/markupyesawd300/27012

#tell me you are in accounting/finance without telling me you are in accounting/finance.

Noooooooo!
This is instead of a ct5 blackwing I presume?
4BW. Base M3 with a M6 is $76K and the 4BW I have ordered is $70.6K I'm probably going to just wait it out but did get a referral to a high-volume dealer that may be able to get allocations a little quicker.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back