Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Warranty Block on 4BW M6

I wish GM/Cadillac had something like Porsche, where the dealer can run a report on the car to see how much time the engine has spent in certain RPM ranges. It's quite a useful tool for potential buyers.

God no, then we would have endless threads in here about DME reports and counting over revs along with saying a car with 10k miles on it was old and not worth buying. Go to Rennlist for that.

Pretty sure the original was an old man who did the money shift, grandpa should probably rethink manuals at his age.
I would put my bets on the grandkid before grandpa. Now if there was an upholstery block, that was likely grandpa.

God no, then we would have endless threads in here about DME reports and counting over revs along with saying a car with 10k miles on it was old and not worth buying. Go to Rennlist for that.
A thread where we count revs? Of course we already did that!

A thread where we count revs? Of course we already did that!

That was a good thread, but didn't we ultimately find that the math was somewhat flawed? Idle Hours were subtracted off of total hours, but revs while idling weren't subtracted off of total revs. Such that a lot of time idling would make it look like you revved your car more! Might not make a big difference for some people, but if you're stuck at stoplights in a big city it might. Still fun to calculate, though.

how did you find that picture? is there a way to tell if there is an existing block?

how did you find that picture? is there a way to tell if there is an existing block?
You can call Cadillac customer service and ask about the warranty to see if it is intact and if there is a warranty block on the car. You can also do this online. I highly recommend that on any used Cadillac, especially the Blackwing models. I have not had an issue with other manufacturers in regards to this issue. Perhaps it is because GM did a warranty block with the CTS-Vs and ATS-Vs that were involved with being tracked in their high performance school.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back