Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone ever see these exhaust tips on a '22 CT4 BW before?

Yes. I'm slowly moving into acceptance of your statement above. I did not do my due diligence. The car WILL be restored to it's original configuration. It seems now that it will be on my own dime. (you'd think CarMax could afford it....it'll only be about $2.5k)

I'm just highly disappointed by CarMax in not taking at least a partial responsibility. And believe me, any forum I am on, or any car guy I talk to whose ear I can tug on WILL hear this story about how CarMax sold me a car that did NOT have correct parts on it.

Thanks again for all the help and advice everyone.

Chris E.
Did you buy their "max care" warranty? If so, if your exhaust SOMEHOW gets damaged, they will replace it for free (or your deductible, if you configured it that way). I've purchased 5 cars so far from CarMax and the warranty is amazing.

on my 911, I bought MaxCare for 1500, the 911 had the infamous coolant leak from a cross over coolant pipe and it needed a new ignition swirch....total bill at the Porsche dealer was 5K to fix.....Carmax covered it.

Did you buy their "max care" warranty? If so, if your exhaust SOMEHOW gets damaged, they will replace it for free (or your deductible, if you configured it that way). I've purchased 5 cars so far from CarMax and the warranty is amazing.
I did purchase the warranty. So far my thoughts are about taking the car back to CarMax and asking to get out of their warranty. I have had heard of people being able to cancel their warranty and get (at least a prorated) refund. My argument being: If CarMax is willing to sell me a car with non-stock original parts on it...they'll probably install those crappy parts on the car again. And I won't stand for that.

DCV: to your point, in any case the car will NOT be going back to CarMax for repair.....everything from Cadillac from now on! And that will most definitely be more expensive for CarMax in the end.

I don't know how an exhaust would "SOMEHOW" get damaged :)

Chris E

If the Cadillac dealer will give you in writing that the non OEM exhaust parts are defective, unsafe and causing problems…small claims court might make them pay to have Cadillac put the correct exhaust on it.

I did purchase the warranty. So far my thoughts are about taking the car back to CarMax and asking to get out of their warranty. I have had heard of people being able to cancel their warranty and get (at least a prorated) refund. My argument being: If CarMax is willing to sell me a car with non-stock original parts on it...they'll probably install those crappy parts on the car again. And I won't stand for that.

DCV: to your point, in any case the car will NOT be going back to CarMax for repair.....everything from Cadillac from now on! And that will most definitely be more expensive for CarMax in the end.

I don't know how an exhaust would "SOMEHOW" get damaged :)

Chris E

Two points here:

1) yes - you can get a prorated refund (I have personally done this when I sold a car prior to the warranty expiring).
2) You do NOT have to go to a carmax to get work done. You can also go to the dealership. You will pay a little extra on your deductible ($50, if I recall) but you have options to both go to carmax AND your local dealership.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back