Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone ever see these exhaust tips on a '22 CT4 BW before?

RChrisE

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V Blackwing
So a little back history to make a short story longer:

I'm the 3rd owner. It's an early '22 CT4-V Blackwing. 46-043. There's no doubt that it's a BW. I've even had a Cadillac dealer pull the rpo codes from the VIN and all the Easter Eggs are there also. But these exhaust tips are not correct. Has anyone else ever seen these before? According to my research they are not correct. They look factory installed and are complete with what looks like the stock exhaust cans and valves. My only theory is maybe a supply chain problem early on made the factory put these things on. Any other theories? The car has a clean record of never being in an accident.

Chris E.

Attachments

• IMG_0427.JPEG
    IMG_0427.JPEG
    944 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0429.JPEG
    IMG_0429.JPEG
    800.3 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0430.JPEG
    IMG_0430.JPEG
    702.8 KB · Views: 243
No way they came from the factory. They look like a knock-off of 93-97 Z28 Camaro tips. But you should have 2 pipes on each side coming out of the muffler. What gives with that? It might be the angle of the pic, but that rubber doesn't look wide enough for a BW. Curious.

Very doubtful regarding those being factory due to parts shortages. I had 46-020 and I’ve seen all kinds of other early builds as well.

My theory is that one of the 2 previous owners had very poor taste and a dislike of the factory tips.

Blackwing muffler should have 4 pipes coming off of it. Two of them with valves. That looks like a regular CT4 muffler.

One way to tell if it's a blackwing is to post a picture of the engine bay. One should easily identify the crowded V6 engine bay vs the inline 4.

It is a BW. It's got that crowded V6 6M and the VIN verifies it. I can even see one of the turbos. :)

But now that you mention it, I'll have to research the differences to see if I don't have a true BW exhaust on it.
Thanks! That would explain a lot.

Last edited:
Definitely looks like someone hacked off the exhaust tips and put on those uhhh...'things.'

A picture closer from the ground looking upwards at the pipe between the tip and the exhaust canister would show a lot...

Some folks have been removing the OEM muffler for more noise so I’m wondering if that is what happened to your car. Maybe try adjusting the different exhaust volumes to make sure all of that is still active…?

You say it wasn't in an accident but one of the two previous owners could have easily done some damage and repaired it. A clean Carfax (or similar) is only a suggestion that it's accident/incident free.

That is 100% not BW exhaust and those tips aren't even from the base CT4. You say it has the valves, but there is only one outlet per side and no valves as shown on the image below. That CF2 rear valance looks a little suspect too, but I'm not familiar with the OEM fit and finish to know for sure.

s-l1600.jpg

That's all good info. I did notice the tips before purchased and asked for an explanation. None was given. I did have the seller pull the OBDII codes to confirm there were none. My line of thought on that was that if the valves were missing, it'd throw a code. No codes are being thrown. I have put it in V mode and tested out the track mode once and only noticed a slightly different exhaust tone.

I'm circling back now with the seller to see what's up.

Thanks all for all the good info.

Chris E.

Did the nail in the rear tire come free with purchase too? 😅

View attachment 23030

Just playing. May just be something stuck to the tire, but it certainly looks like a nail.
Good catch. I'm away from the car now but will check next time I'm back at the house. I'm also surprised at the amount of negative camber on those rear wheels.

Chris E.

I think getting this car on a lift would yield some clues about how it ended up like this. The rear alignment hardware looks brand new, the wheels look narrow, and the exhaust suitcase isn't right...my guess is it could have done some curb or median surfing at some point.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back