Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Unknown burning smell

jake199

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5V Blackwing
Burning Smell? I bought at 2022 5V BW WITH THE 6MT two weeks ago. It has about 20k miles and is Cadiliac certified. Here is what is interesting… the day it arrived on the trailer it had two nails in the tires (the dealer bought a new tire) but also within 5 min of driving it I smelt this aweful burning smell. I thought it was worse in the right rear. Anyway, it’s been at the dealer for over a week and they have been working with Cadiliac to find the problem. They thought it was something with the ebrake and performed a reprogramming to no avail. Now they are saying the smell happens from the vents even when the car is not moving? Seems to rule out the transmission. Glad it’s on warranty but it’s getting old. I’d like to drive it before it’s completely paid off. Any thoughts out there or has anyway experienced something similar with a burning smell that is hard to trace down?

You’re right, it does linger. The dealer is saying they smell it before they even drive it but, as you say, perhaps that is just the lingering smell from the prior drive.

You’re right, it does linger. The dealer is saying they smell it before they even drive it but, as you say, perhaps that is just the lingering smell from the prior drive.
burnt clutch smell can last a couple hours, maybe a whole day.... ask me how I know

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back