Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Any warranty issues with your 5BW?

Ty88

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5 V Blackwing
I now have 3,500 miles on my 2023 5BW and have had zero issues with it. Very pleased with that. I’m curious if others on this board have had any problems and did the warranty cover it? I’m guessing that about 99.9% of folks on this board are still under warranty.

Please, if you would, share information on any issues you have had with your 5BW and at what mileage they occurred. It would be helpful for all of us to have this info so we know what to look out for. Thanks.

I see you haven’t seen the engine replacement thread that I and others have posted in

I see you haven’t seen the engine replacement thread that I and others have posted in
No but I did see the C&D article about their test car engine failure. Seems like a very isolated incident

29k+ miles, issue free.

My AC crapped out and had to be replaced.

Is it coincidental that the motor on one of my house air conditioners also had to also be replaced within a couple of months?

Last edited:
I’m at 1600 mile and weather started getting cold. Suddenly my hvac started making a ticking noise. Turned off car and turned it back on and it went away. Then came back later. So we shall see.

No but I did see the C&D article about their test car engine failure. Seems like a very isolated incident
Unfortunately that incident didn’t isolate itself from me lol

Mine has about 2900 miles on it. I just changed the oil prior to putting it away for the winter. While I had it up in the air to do the oil change, I noticed that there is a transmission oil leak. It’ll be making a trip to the dealer for a warranty repair in the spring to address the leak.

I had to have the lights reprogrammed as silly as that sounds. It was a recall other than that ZERO issues 1400mi

CEL with a P0420 and GM said to replace the catalytic converter so It and an OS2 sensor were replaced at 7448 mi
Tech and I looked at the cat and it looked fine to us but then he said "I dont double something was amiss given how blue it was".
Driving it hard is why I bought it ;-)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners