Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

TOW Hook Specs

jodakid69

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V BW
I am looking for information of CT4-V BW tow hook specs? Will C8 Tow Hooks work? I do not want to use the ugly factory one when running track sessions.

1665611131410.png

Well yes and no. I do not want a big metal rod sticking out of the front and rear bumpers. I think that the best option is the fabric hook or one where the loop folds. I also want to have a front and rear installed.

Just so I'm sure I'm reading this right, you care about the appearance of your tow hook when you are on the track?

That's like grooming your chest hair before running a marathon. :unsure:
Nair.
...gotta be aerodynamic...

If you want a nice one, just contact a company with the length, shaft size, tpi, and thread pitch and one can be made. V2, 2016 v3, and 2017-19 v3 all appear to be different so I'd guess the c8 may not fit.

Last edited:
Just so I'm sure I'm reading this right, you care about the appearance of your tow hook when you are on the track?

That's like grooming your chest hair before running a marathon. :unsure:
Don't forget the Band-aids over the nipples

The 5BW tow hook has left hand threads for some reason, so there's that. Also, I couldn't even get the rear tow hook receptacle cover out of my bumper with a rubber trim removal tool. I just had to make sure I didn't get stuck nose in in a sand pit on track.

The 5BW tow hook has left hand threads for some reason, so there's that. Also, I couldn't even get the rear tow hook receptacle cover out of my bumper with a rubber trim removal tool. I just had to make sure I didn't get stuck nose in in a sand pit on track.
Thank you for pointing this out. I couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t get the stock tow hook to thread in.

Thank you for pointing this out. I couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t get the stock tow hook to thread in.
I tried like hell to get the rear tow hook cover off, but decided to stop before I really jacked up my paint. Did you have any issues? I have had other cars where they come out pretty easily.

I tried like hell to get the rear tow hook cover off, but decided to stop before I really jacked up my paint. Did you have any issues? I have had other cars where they come out pretty easily.
I didn’t try the rear again yesterday but I had it off before without a problem.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back