Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I have an appointment to get fitted

hrdboiled

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I was in the market for rear rock guards and ordered the ones on amazon. Unfortunately, they didn't fit so I returned them. I then reached out to zl1addons to see if they make rear rock guards for the ct4 bw. They want me to bring my car down to get some measurements for rock guards, tow hook, and lift pads. My appointment is not till early january. Anyone have any suggestions or concerns you want me to bring up with them while I'm down there?

Which ones did you order off amazon? There are a few of us that use them without issues.

Which ones did you order off amazon? There are a few of us that use them without issues.
The ones that were faux carbon fiber. I went to install and the holes didn't line up so there was about a 1-2 mm gap between the gaurd and the bumper.

I ended up making my own because I didn’t think any would ever be made. I look forward to the finished product.

Attachments

• 24D691CA-8519-43B3-AFF9-E934CDAE2040.jpeg
    24D691CA-8519-43B3-AFF9-E934CDAE2040.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 134
  • 8BC68E48-EAB3-44D8-A65D-6AB24D6BFB5A.jpeg
    8BC68E48-EAB3-44D8-A65D-6AB24D6BFB5A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 136
  • 8ECC765A-E240-4687-A6F8-D585BDE8C9E2.jpeg
    8ECC765A-E240-4687-A6F8-D585BDE8C9E2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 136
Thanks for doing that - I'm waiting patiently for them to offer the lift pads for the 4BW :)
Same here. I am glad someone can get a car to them so they can get some lift pads designed for the 4BW.

I was in the market for rear rock guards and ordered the ones on amazon. Unfortunately, they didn't fit so I returned them. I then reached out to zl1addons to see if they make rear rock guards for the ct4 bw. They want me to bring my car down to get some measurements for rock guards, tow hook, and lift pads. My appointment is not till early january. Anyone have any suggestions or concerns you want me to bring up with them while I'm down there?
Have them make some for the 5BWs too!!!

XJDAMZ Jack Pad Slotted - Universal Magnetic, Frame Rail Protector Protector Puck/Pad-Blue 1Pcs https://a.co/d/gkkRObF
I have had my 5BW in the air a few times on my lift and these pucks work fine. I now only use colored anodized pucks as I have forgotten urethane black pucks either stuck on pinch weld or to undercoating. These are reasonable at about $11 each. These are narrow slot, they make a wider opening for damaged pinch welds that have been jacked without and wrinkled, curled over.

XJDAMZ Jack Pad Slotted - Universal Magnetic, Frame Rail Protector Protector Puck/Pad-Blue 1Pcs https://a.co/d/gkkRObF
I have had my 5BW in the air a few times on my lift and these pucks work fine. I now only use colored anodized pucks as I have forgotten urethane black pucks either stuck on pinch weld or to undercoating. These are reasonable at about $11 each. These are narrow slot, they make a wider opening for damaged pinch welds that have been jacked without and wrinkled, curled over.
Are those tall enough to not push on the side skirts?

They are not tall but my lift legs are low and it has screw adjustable pads so rocker clearance is not an issue
Are those tall enough to not push on the side skirts?

Those pads are not tall but my lift legs are very low and has screw adjustable pads so rocker clearance is not an issue

Do you have the CF packages? I have a set and they work for the back pinch weld but not for the front pinch weld as the CF skirt is too close to the pinch weld.

I do not have cf package. was going to ask someone that has cf about that. So there is no room for lift pad up front b/c there's no clearance btwn pinch weld and side skirt?

Do you have the CF packages? I have a set and they work for the back pinch weld but not for the front pinch weld as the CF skirt is too close to the pinch weld.
I also do not have either CF package 🫤 but these pucks taper from base to slot should allow plenty of clearance
POTAUTO Universal Nylon PA6 Grooved Magnetic Jack Pad Jacking Puck Pinch Weld (Slot Width 0.39 Inch) Frame Rail Adapter for Vehicles (Qty 1, Red) https://a.co/d/gXibiB2

That is correct. Although it looks like it barely clears once you pump the jack up you would be on the CF splitter.

Notice the aluminum plate and SS bolt near this pinch weld? I put the jack just behind that bolt to get the front up.
thumbnail_IMG_4698.jpg

Any pics from the side? There’s a radius on the back wheel opening that likes to trap rocks etc which is why I think the mud flaps have more of a lip/pocket situation…
I'll take more when I get back. Those were sent by the zl1 guys.

Thank you for stepping up and volunteering your car and your time for this.
No problem. I appreciate that! They already have the lift pads made. They are aware of the cf side skirt issue w/ lift pads. Working on the tow hook and possibly front splitter? Will get more info later.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back