Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New owner questions

sroth004

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
Greetings all, purchased a pre-owned ‘23 4BW manual a couple of weeks ago and have a few newbie questions:

- Rev Matching: owners manual indicates rev matching is deactivated by default with each start, which for me is preferred, but unless I misunderstood the manual also indicates it is always active in third gear (?) and above. I’d prefer off being always off. Did I misunderstand the manual or is the car just that smooth as it certainly feels like it is active with those shifts. Been driving manuals for a very long time and am “good” at rev matching myself but wondering if the car is also assisting.

- What’s supposed to be in the trunk: the compartment below the trunk floor has a few open sections and I am wondering what if anything is missing. I have the tow eyelet, the flat tire kit, the yellow foam front spring locks required for towing and what I believe is the front brake air coolers/deflectors for track use. Car is supposed to have the original dealer installed black wheel locks to match the dealer installed black wheel lugs but I do not have the locks or the original wheel lugs. Car also has dealer installed black mirror caps and I do not have the color matched mirror caps that I would prefer. Is anything else supposed to be in the preconfigured spaces below the trunk floor such as tools or other accessories?

- Looking at the spare tire kit from Modern Spare; has anyone purchased it? Thoughts? Does it leave enough trunk space for the trunk to remain useful?

- Heat does not seem to blow from the floor on auto, only when manually placed in floor output mode; anyone else have that issue?

Thanks in advance for your insights on the above and questions I am sure to have over the next few weeks.

Steve

Rev matching is off and stays off in all gears till you turn it on. When the center of the speed indicator is yellow and the ring around it is yellow, it’s on. On startup it’s off, always.

Greetings all, purchased a pre-owned ‘23 4BW manual a couple of weeks ago and have a few newbie questions:

- Rev Matching: owners manual indicates rev matching is deactivated by default with each start, which for me is preferred, but unless I misunderstood the manual also indicates it is always active in third gear (?) and above. I’d prefer off being always off. Did I misunderstand the manual or is the car just that smooth as it certainly feels like it is active with those shifts. Been driving manuals for a very long time and am “good” at rev matching myself but wondering if the car is also assisting.

- What’s supposed to be in the trunk: the compartment below the trunk floor has a few open sections and I am wondering what if anything is missing. I have the tow eyelet, the flat tire kit, the yellow foam front spring locks required for towing and what I believe is the front brake air coolers/deflectors for track use. Car is supposed to have the original dealer installed black wheel locks to match the dealer installed black wheel lugs but I do not have the locks or the original wheel lugs. Car also has dealer installed black mirror caps and I do not have the color matched mirror caps that I would prefer. Is anything else supposed to be in the preconfigured spaces below the trunk floor such as tools or other accessories?

- Looking at the spare tire kit from Modern Spare; has anyone purchased it? Thoughts? Does it leave enough trunk space for the trunk to remain useful?

- Heat does not seem to blow from the floor on auto, only when manually placed in floor output mode; anyone else have that issue?

Thanks in advance for your insights on the above and questions I am sure to have over the next few weeks.

Steve
Spare tire from modern spare is high quality and, while it does take up a fair amount of space, for me it’s an excellent trade off.

Active rev match (ARM) is always partially on (upshifts only). From the manual:

If ARM is deactivated, the system will still perform rev matching for upshifts.

My car had black mirror caps, all weather floor mats, and black lug nuts (no locks). The original painted mirror caps and the standard V floor mats were in the trunk. I did not have the original lug nuts though, either. They should give you the painted mirror caps, and if you paid for locks they should get those for you too.

@sroth004 congrats and welcome! Purchased mine new; I confirm we both have the same stuff in the trunk. I am also wondering, however, if something is missing. There is a lot of empty space...

20231224_144623.jpg

Not sure what this is...

20231224_145512.jpg

Last edited:
I had this issue as well but when I went into the climate settings on the touch screen I think I selected the floor option and then it just saved it as auto now and blows on the floor. I don’t remember exactly how I did it as it was my first time and it’s the only time I’ve ever messed with it.

Hello all, thanks very much for the responses on all of the questions, much appreciated.

Steve

When holding the front plate bracket, the correct comment is ALWAYS "I don't know what this is"...haha, flawless.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back