Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

WHEEL/TIRE AND GAP INSURANCE PLUS ALL WEATHER MATS WITH NEW PURCHASE

MAN2004

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
PLANNING TO BUY 2024 OR 2025 CT5-V
Hello everyone,
I'm about to pull the trigger on a CT5 V BW in Michigan. The vehicle with be transported from MI to FL on the dealer's transport company - Les Stanford. Once the BW is delivered, I plan to drive it only once or twice a week locally (not a daily driver). The roads in my area are decent - virtually no pot holes. Curbs and nails/screws are the most likely obstacles. Do you recommend the wheel tire insurance ($1400 for 7 years) and gap insurance ($1500)? Lastly, I am getting a price for all weather mats (front, back, and trunk) from the dealer with the emblems rather than ordering generic appearing Weather Tech mats. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone,
I'm about to pull the trigger on a CT5 V BW in Michigan. The vehicle with be transported from MI to FL on the dealer's transport company - Les Stanford. Once the BW is delivered, I plan to drive it only once or twice a week locally (not a daily driver). The roads in my area are decent - virtually no pot holes. Curbs and nails/screws are the most likely obstacles. Do you recommend the wheel tire insurance ($1400 for 7 years) and gap insurance ($1500)? Lastly, I am getting a price for all weather mats (front, back, and trunk) from the dealer with the emblems rather than ordering generic appearing Weather Tech mats. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I personally wouldn't pay for wheel tire insurance, nor would I pay for gap insurance. Lightly driven and taken care of, the car will likely always be worth more than what you finance, making gap insurance useless. I can't speak for the all weather floor mats, but the all weather cargo mat is very nice. In either case, do not buy them as a part of the vehicle purchase. The cost is the same whether they are on the window sticker as a dealer installed option or you purchase them yourself thru the parts department. You will automatically get approximately $225 in myCadillac reward points/money just for purchasing the vehicle. These rewards points/money can be used to buy accessories thru the parts department. I purchased my genuine Cadillac cargo mat using myCadillac rewards points/money and still have $78 left on my account, so it was basically free. Just wait until you take delivery and buy them at your local Cadillac dealer parts department with your rewards.

Last edited:
The Caddy all weather mats are nice, though they don't have the V emblem on them.

I personally wouldn't pay for wheel tire insurance, nor would I pay for gap insurance. Lightly driven and taken care of, the car will likely always be worth more than what you finance, making gap insurance useless. I can't speak for the all weather floor mats, but the all weather cargo mat is very nice. In either case, do not buy them as a part of the vehicle purchase. The cost is the same whether they are on the window sticker as a dealer installed option or you purchase them yourself thru the parts department. You will automatically get approximately $225 in myCadillac reward points/money just for purchasing the vehicle. These rewards points/money can be used to buy accessories thru the parts department. I purchased my genuine Cadillac cargo mat using myCadillac rewards points/money and still have $78 left on my account, so it was basically free. Just wait until you take delivery and buy them at your local Cadillac dealer parts department with your rewards.
That is absolutely awesome advice! Thank you so much!

That is absolutely awesome advice! Thank you so much!
You are quite welcome. Good luck and keep us posted. If it comes to fruition, we like pictures. Camera.gif

Last edited:
For mats, I bought a set of Tuxmats (a lot nicer than weather tech) for passenger compartment. Prob. get weather tech for trunk. Think it has better coverage than the Cadillac trunk mat though I HAVEN'T seen it in person.

Last edited:
Think it has better coverage than the Cadillac truck though I HAVEN'T seen it in person.
The genuine GM cargo mat is very nice IMO. The thing I like about it, is that it's a fairly heavy rubber and it keeps things in place. I think it was $125 thru my local Cadillac parts department.

20231229_155156.jpg

The Caddy all weather mats are nice, though they don't have the V emblem on them.

No V emblem, but Cadillac crest.
640X640.jpeg

My system for securing stuff in trunk (etc)....bungee cords...

I do have the Caddy floor mats and trunk liner..

Attachments

• 20240125_140930.jpg
    20240125_140930.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 38
  • 20240125_141009.jpg
    20240125_141009.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 40
Hello everyone,
Nope. Don't waste your money on wheel and gap insurance. The dealers make a lot off of purchases such as these.

This was for taking my Brew setup on the road (for the first time)...

Attachments

• 20240127_180554.jpg
    20240127_180554.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 25
The Cadillac trunk all weather mat is quite nice. Used by points early on to buy one. They go on sale on the Cadillac website a few times a year, from 15% to 20% off. Free shipping to the dealer.

Last edited:
Check your insurance company to see if they sell gap insurance. If they do it will be much less than $1500. Also, make sure the MI dealer doesn’t install the front tag mount on the bumper. It’s not needed in FL.

The more correct answer to the otherwise excellent answers posted earlier here is, how often do you hit curbs now? Me, for instance, it's incredibly rare, and I never get the insurance. The wife on the other hand... OMG. Still even then, I don't get the insurance because it's cheaper for me to just pay as I go to repair the wheels rather than pay their inflated prices for a warranty. If the dealer was closer to me and more convenient to drop it off (the wheel repair place is closer than the dealer by 30 minutes) then the argument would change.

And me personally, I don't like rubber mats. But you can probably do as well if not better, except for the logos, with aftermarket.

But the important part is: congratulations! Awesome choice on the CT5, what did you get, colors, options, number of pedals?

GAP generally has a cost around $300-500. They are marking it up 3X at $1500. Get GAP if you are putting $0 down and have an LTV over 100%. Your insurance company most likely has the lowest costing GAP coverage.

I like the wheel and tire coverage. I have had two nails so far and tires have been taken care off. I purchased mine for around $700.

The more correct answer to the otherwise excellent answers posted earlier here is, how often do you hit curbs now? Me, for instance, it's incredibly rare, and I never get the insurance. The wife on the other hand... OMG. Still even then, I don't get the insurance because it's cheaper for me to just pay as I go to repair the wheels rather than pay their inflated prices for a warranty. If the dealer was closer to me and more convenient to drop it off (the wheel repair place is closer than the dealer by 30 minutes) then the argument would change.

And me personally, I don't like rubber mats. But you can probably do as well if not better, except for the logos, with aftermarket.

But the important part is: congratulations! Awesome choice on the CT5, what did you get, colors, options, number of pedals?
Here’s a preview photo from the lot in Michigan

Attachments

• IMG_0822.jpeg
    IMG_0822.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 59
I used my GM rewards points from the purchase of the vehicle to get the all weather mats completely free (well, had to pay tax).

Congratulations on your new 5BW. I have the same all weather Cadillac factory mats that @BW56M posted and love them. Mine were an option included at time of purchase and have been fantastic. The car had in the trunk nice plush Cadillac carpet mats still in the bag, but I like all weather mats as they are easy to clean.

As for WeatherTech, been there, done that in another car and hated them. The higher sides constantly leaned in and looked ugly. GM has really stepped it up in the all weather may area as I have GM factory mats in my 2022 GMC and they work and fit perfectly.

I also had Tuxmat and would buy them again. Same goes for Lloyd mats.

GAP generally has a cost around $300-500. They are marking it up 3X at $1500. Get GAP if you are putting $0 down and have an LTV over 100%. Your insurance company most likely has the lowest costing GAP coverage.

I like the wheel and tire coverage. I have had two nails so far and tires have been taken care off. I purchased mine for around $700.
I also paid $700 for 5 years on wheel/tire insurance. But... that was when we lived in Philly where most roads - even highways like 95, where/are shit. Florida roads are near perfect compared to that and I would not have gotten it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back