Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2023 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

New thread for 2023 Blackwing Tracking​

Link to 2022 Order Tracking Thread:​

Production Status Codes:​

1100 – Order Placed at Dealership
2000 – Order Accepted by GM
2500 – Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged")
3000 – Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 – Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 – Order Scheduled for Production
3400 – Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 – Vehicle Produced
4000 – Vehicle Available to Ship
4B00 – Bayed
4D00 – Delayed
4150 – Vehicle Invoiced
4200 – Vehicle Shipped
4300 – Intermediate Delivery
4800 – Rail Ramp Unload
5000 – Vehicle at Dealer

Link to Tracking Page:

With markets moving lower, I would sell it now. I don't see how it could be worth more later.
I agree - market seems to be softening. I've only been looking for a Blackwing for a month, but availability has changed dramatically in that time. 4s have been readily available the last month (even listed new below MSRP), but 5 availability, which was very limited, has seemingly exploded.

A month ago there was only one 5 local to me available for a test drive. Fast forward a month and that same 5 is still on the lot, plus there are 10 new 5 blackwings on Cadillac's website listed as available within 25 miles of me (not sure if any are customer orders, but the high volume dealers near me would not take a custom order, so I suspect they are almost all dealer stock orders), with another 10 or so in transit.

And I got a call that I'm next on the list and my order should go through this week. I was really putting my name on the list to try to get a '24, but 32 days from putting my name on the list, I'm (hopefully) getting my order picked up, and the dealer claimed the car should be delivered in around a month. A month ago I was told I was 8th on the list, so either those folks are waiting for carbon fiber, or they backed out.

A month ago one dealer was trying to sell me a used '22 5 at $10k over' 23 msrp. Glad I waited as my custom order is at MSRP.

Suggest you try sell now, and, if you can't get a price you want, back out of the new order. Seems unlikely you'll get a better price in 6 months unless something dramatic happens

I'd see what the dealer wants for a trade and if they match the MSRP I'd just do that now. Give them the vehicle and be Blackwing-less for 6 months.

Or try and sell it yourself.

Ita very likely values will come down a bit by the time your new one comes in, unless your willing to stomach a possible 10k hit so you can continue to drive your current one right up to when the new one comes in.

I'd see what the dealer wants for a trade and if they match the MSRP I'd just do that now. Give them the vehicle and be Blackwing-less for 6 months.

Or try and sell it yourself.

Ita very likely values will come down a bit by the time your new one comes in, unless your willing to stomach a possible 10k hit so you can continue to drive your current one right up to when the new one comes in.
I wish I can just give car to dealer now but don’t think they can carry the trade in value and tax that long.

Unfortunately I can’t drive the car right now since I’m in MN and there is still ice and snow patches everywhere.

They absolutely can, especially if you have an allocation.

They take the trade now which means they can sell the vehicle tomorrow. The trade in amount applies to your build, which is now locked in. Yes it will be 6 months before you see the new vehicle but thats why they make you sign a new bill of sale with the trade to cover themselves.

I traded in a Stinger on a C8 2 years ago before I even had allocation, the dealer took it.

Your dealer will ask for pictures of your car and they will probably come down to pick it up if you are willing to trade it in now.

They absolutely can, especially if you have an allocation.

They take the trade now which means they can sell the vehicle tomorrow. The trade in amount applies to your build, which is now locked in. Yes it will be 6 months before you see the new vehicle but thats why they make you sign a new bill of sale with the trade to cover themselves.

I traded in a Stinger on a C8 2 years ago before I even had allocation, the dealer took it.

Your dealer will ask for pictures of your car and they will probably come down to pick it up if you are willing to trade it in now.
So I can get the trade in allowance right now plus the tax benefit? Wow that would make things a lot easier! Let me check with them.

@Rob please add my new 23 order - CKXV32
Thanks!

So I can get the trade in allowance right now plus the tax benefit? Wow that would make things a lot easier! Let me check with them.
It would be like you were selling them your car. What would be the difference?

The other issue would be how much time you have to defer the sales tax benefit.

Yes, any dealer can do this. You don't need to wait until the new vehicle shows up, as long as your willing to be without your car for the time it takes for the new one to show up.

It shouldn't be an issue.

Looks like goats are not done playing their games..... TPW moved again by almost a month to April 24th.

so
Looks like goats are not done playing their games..... TPW moved again by almost a month to April 24th.
WTF, do you think because of the red interior?

GM should put together something like this...

GMs entire ordering process is changing. For Cadillac the 2024 LYRIQ is the fist one to start using this new process.

I’m sure it won’t be perfect and will have growing pains but it a start and moving in the right direction.

This new process puts the customer first and helps eliminate any possible mistakes being made on the orders by essentially removing the dealer from the build process (for the most part)….

You guys were loud enough. They heard you. They listened.

Carbon fiber cars seem to be the only ones having TPW’s move so much since 2023 model year.

Between the 4 and the 5’s I’ve received over 20 Blackwings within the past month. Some of them built 4 months ago and some built around a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop